Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2014 3:03:52 AM EDT
I'm going to be in Fairbanks for a little over a week and was wondering where the best places to shoot (rifle ranges) were? I'm planning to bring up my AR, which is no sniper rifle so 100 yards or less would be fine. I remember reading about a range around South Cushman but sounded like no range safety (people firing while others were down range etc.) Thanks for any and all info!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:15:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm going to be in Fairbanks for a little over a week and was wondering where the best places to shoot (rifle ranges) were? I'm planning to bring up my AR, which is no sniper rifle so 100 yards or less would be fine. I remember reading about a range around South Cushman but sounded like no range safety (people firing while others were down range etc.) Thanks for any and all info!
View Quote

There are no ranges with range officers up here besides the indoor pistol/rim fire only fish and game range.

Shoot a your own risk.

For greater chance of survival, head to the range on Chena hot springs road. It's shorter but a lot less people. Half hour drive out of town.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:55:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info on the range options in Fairbanks. I think I'll try out the Chena range, sounds more my speed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top