User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Conservative ideals.
1. Pro gun
2. Pro development and buisness while at the same time having reasonable controls on them to protect employees and the enviroment.
3. Support welfare reform. Lots of people abusing a well intentioned system that is currently not sustainable. Too many people sitting on their buts collecting checks and not enough people working.
4. Don't support affirmative action laws that put race or gender in front of performance.
Pat
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#2]
FROM THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR GUN RIGHTS:

If ever there was a time for gun owners to charge up a hill together to reclaim the high ground from our anti-gun enemies and their sympathizers, it's right now. And the person standing on top of that hill in Alaska is your accidental anti-gun U.S. Senator Mark Begich.

Now, sometimes folks assume that just because a politician says they're pro-gun that he is telling the truth. I hope you don't make that mistake.

You see, you and I were just one or two votes away in the U.S. Senate of losing our right to keep and bear arms last year.

The 2013 debate over the Feinstein "assault weapons" ban and the Toomey-Manchin "Expanded Background Check" bill were the largest assaults on our Second Amendment rights in nearly twenty five years. And Mark Begich very nearly gave the green light to Barack Obama's anti-gun agenda.

During the debate on gun control, Mark Begich voted with Liberal anti-gun Vermont Senator Pat Leahy's proposal to put ordinary gun sellers on par with drug dealers and gang members.

But it gets worse.

Your "Republican" U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski voted for this anti-gun proposal too.

You see, we very nearly lost this battle.

And it wasn't just anti-gun Democrats who voted anti-gun.

Sadly, it was some weak-kneed anti-gun Republicans too.

That's why it's very important that you and I get to the bottom of where Republican candidates really stand when it comes to your gun rights.

And that's why I'm excited to report that U.S. Senate Candidate Joe Miller, who challenged Murkowski four years ago, has returned his National Association for Gun Rights candidate survey 100% pro-gun.

You see, it's vital to know which Republicans are serious about your gun rights, and which ones are showing signs of caving to the anti-gunners and their pals in the media.

Fortunately, Joe Miller has made it clear he'll stand up against all of Barack Obama's anti-gun agenda — not just parts of it.

Miller not only returned his National Association for Gun Rights Federal Candidate Survey 100% pro-gun, he's enthusiastically promised to do everything he can as a member of the U.S. Senate to:

• Restore the Second Amendment rights of all Americansby working to abolish every unconstitutional federal gun law currently on the books;

• Defeat the United Nations' "Small Arms Treaty." Joe Miller opposes ALL attempts by the United Nations to regulate firearms, and pledges to fight to cut taxpayer funding propping up the U.N.'s anti-gun agenda;

• Block all efforts by the federal government to further infringe on the gun rights of the people of the sovereign state of Alaska;

• Stop any attempt by Barack Obama or Dianne Feinsteinto reinstate the so-called "assault weapons ban;"

• Block a National Gun Registry. Joe Miller will oppose each and every one of the gun-grabbers schemes to dump the names of gun owners into a national gun registry.

But what about your other Republican candidates?

Well, I'm pleased to report that Lt. Governor Mead Treadwell also returned his survey 100% pro-gun!

But Dan Sullivan actually had the nerve to return his survey indicating he supports gun control.

According to his candidate survey, Dan Sullivan believes the government should suspend your gun rights for something as simple as spanking your child.

He refused to support the repeal of the Lautenberg Gun Ban!

Under the Lautenberg Gun Ban, if a woman slaps her abusive husband, she could lose her gun rights and end up defenseless if she's violently attacked again later.

The law originally was supposed to target domestic abusers, but instead it's helped disarm victims and thousands of individuals, in some cases for things that happened decades ago.

Unfortunately, instead of repealing this anti-gun law, Dan Sullivan has promised to keep it on the books.

Making matters worse, the anti-gunners in the Senate recently  held a hearing to expand the Lautenberg Gun Ban. Under the expanded proposal, you could be stripped of your gun rights without due process. If they get their way, you could lose your gun rights based on hearsay and unsubstantiated rumors started by your nosey neighbor.

The worst part, no one would even have to tell you you've lost your gun rights.

Does Dan Sullivan support expanding the Lautenberg Gun Ban?

I hope not, but so far all signs point to yes.

I'm very afraid that this new legislation could be the vehicle for ramming even more gun control through the U.S. Senate.

And Dan Sullivan is sounding more and more like it's biggest Republican advocate.

It could be the tip of the iceberg.

Do gun owners really want to trade one accidental anti-gun senator for another?

Fortunately, there is still time to get Dan Sullivan to renounce his anti-gun support for the Lautenberg Gun Ban.

Here's what you can do to help:

1.) Thank Republican candidate Joe Miller for pledging his 100% support and leadership for your right to keep and bear arms;

2.) Give Dan Sullivan an earful! Urge him to abandon his support the Lautenberg Gun Ban, and urge him to publicly promise to oppose any attempt by the anti-gunners in the Senate to expand it.

Dan Sullivan is showing serious signs that he'd vote anti-gun in the U.S. Senate.

Please give Dan Sullivan an earful for his anti-gun views and urge him to support the repeal of the Lautenberg Gun Ban.

Thankfully, Joe Miller has a long history of supporting your Second Amendment tights and has pledged his continued 100% support for your gun rights. Please thank him today.

For more information, or for more information about the National Association for Gun Rights, visit their website at www.NationalGunRights.org

For more information about Joe Miller, visit joeforliberty.com

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:20:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Their are anti gun republicans and pro gun democrats this is not a discussion as simple as many on either extreme would like to make it out. Gasp there are even liberals who are pro gun.
Pat
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 1:33:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Their are anti gun republicans and pro gun democrats this is not a discussion as simple as many on either extreme would like to make it out. Gasp there are even liberals who are pro gun.
Pat
View Quote

Begich voted to confirm Supreme Court justices who are clearly against the individual right to bear arms. Full stop. That is my tipping point.

Many things can be argued, minds can be changed, positions can be accommodated. But when anyone claims they have the right and duty to to deny self-protection to others, then that person does not believe in liberty or the individual.

Whoever votes to take away my individual right to protect myself and my family will not get my vote. On that issue, yes, I make the choice on a simple basis.

Explain to me why I am wrong.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 1:39:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is true. It is frustrating to me when I see people who vote only on one issue, and who will not evaluate candidates based on anything but that one issue.
View Quote

Sometimes it comes down to one issue.

If you fully supported a candidate except that they believed that you should not have the right to own guns, then you would still support them?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 2:40:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Begich voted to confirm Supreme Court justices who are clearly against the individual right to bear arms. Full stop. That is my tipping point.

Many things can be argued, minds can be changed, positions can be accommodated. But when anyone claims they have the right and duty to to deny self-protection to others, then that person does not believe in liberty or the individual.

Whoever votes to take away my individual right to protect myself and my family will not get my vote. On that issue, yes, I make the choice on a simple basis.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pat

The justice issue is a tough one for me. Right now the court is pro gun which is great but very anti labor which is not so good in my opinion.  The country is getting polarized on a lot of issues but it seems that the gun issue is starting to win support on both sides. There is even a gun forum for liberals.
Pat
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Generally, right now the Supreme Court is 5-4 in favor of the individual interpretation of the Second Amendment.

One Justice retires, or dies, and the Second Amendment turns upside-down forever.

Begich voted to confirm two of the most openly, virulently anti-gun justices on the court.

Tell me again how I shouldn't vote based on one issue. Tell me again how Begich is a good choice. Tell me how Begich is a rational choice.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Generally, right now the Supreme Court is 5-4 in favor of the individual interpretation of the Second Amendment.

One Justice retires, or dies, and the Second Amendment turns upside-down forever.

Begich voted to confirm two of the most openly, virulently anti-gun justices on the court.

Tell me again how I shouldn't vote based on one issue. Tell me again how Begich is a good choice. Tell me how Begich is a rational choice.
View Quote

Begich is pro gun himself.  Also nothing is forever. New presidents get elected and new justices get picked also as of now we have very pro second amendment case precedents like the Heller decision. The court does not like to over rule previous rulings.
Pat
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:48:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

And that is why I will not vote for Begich, or any other democrat for senate...
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 2:27:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

And that is why I will not vote for Begich, or any other democrat for senate...
View Quote
I once voted for a Democrat, but it was in the south when I was in college. He was a southern democrat who had a long history of voting conservatively on fiscal matters, opposing taxes, was strongly pro-gun, etc., while the Republican candidate in that race was a flaming liberal.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 2:32:08 AM EDT
[#13]
My interview with Joe Miller: http://762precision.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/gun-interview-with-joe-miller/

I will post the full interview here when I get time, but the internet here is very slow.

I am still trying to interview the other candidates, and it sounds like Sullivan might work with me on it. Not sure about Treadwell, and Begich just thanks me for contacting his staff and asks me to send him money. So hopefully Begich's staff will pass my request on to him , but you know how staff is about screening stuff . . .
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:33:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Begich is pro gun himself.  Also nothing is forever. New presidents get elected and new justices get picked also as of now we have very pro second amendment case precedents like the Heller decision. The court does not like to over rule previous rulings.

Do you really believe that once they take our guns, that there would be a chance to get then back in the future ? With a new court ,new president?  Do you really believe that .
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Do you really believe that once they take our guns, that there would be a chance to get then back in the future ? With a new court ,new president?  Do you really believe that .
View Quote

Well I don't believe they will be able to take our guns and I am not a conspiracy theorist.
Pat
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:49:05 AM EDT
[#17]
I got an email yesterday from Sullivan "setting the record straight" on his position on gun rights. It was basically based on his AQ rating from the NRA (this is the same NRA that rated Begich A-). However, I was disappointed that the email was misleading. I wish these guys would just say what they are.

He is trying to cover the fact that he opposed the stand your ground law, and actually makes it seem he was responsible in some way for passing it. He also supports expanding the Lautenberg Gun Ban, and opposes repealing it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Nice!  

Elections have consequences everyone.  You all know where we are headed as a country.  Joe deserves a shot at helping to correct what is going on.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:01:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Well at least it was not Miller.
Pat
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top