Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2014 5:51:35 PM EDT
I just left Cabelas. The have Varget, 8208XBR and several others. Lots of ammo and primers too.

Until that day,
Darkop
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#3]
We were there yesterday evening and they still had a decent supply of primers. They even had an 8lb keg of H4350 sitting on the shelf! I can remember the last time I saw a keg of that sitting on a shelf.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#4]
After my trip through Anchorage at the end of May, I found a lot of ammo on the shelves. Seems like "Maybe" supply is catching up with demand in Alaska. The question now is will the price start to drop as supply increases? or will there be a another "Gun Control" scare that will push people back into another full out hoarding/buying PANIC?

Until that day,
Darkop
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 11:04:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I have not been to anchorage in a few months. It was nice to see some powder and primers on the shelves. And Cabelas changed their signage to read  two pounds of EACH powder per person. So walked out with 2lbs each of imr4064, imr4350 and blc2 two days in a row. No pistol powder :(
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#7]
If anyone see's H1000 or RETUMBO anywhere please chime in! I'm in need to feed my GAP 6.5mm which will ship soon!

Until that day,
Darkop
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 11:58:08 PM EDT
[#8]
None today. Spent 2 hours in cabelas this morning. Bought 2,000 CCI 500's for $40 each only to go to sportsmans and find them for $33 oh well, I have primers now.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 12:02:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah.  3 bears has powder, plenty of it.  Lot cheaper than ~32 bucks/can, and Sportsmans has primers for ~34 bucks/brick.

Cabelas leaves me cold.  I don't like the store - it seems artificial in a way Sportsmans is not, foreign and very transplanted.  Prices are not that good, I hate country music, and I want to laugh at all the guys working there with southern accents.  Go Home.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 1:19:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
...Prices are not that good, ...

... and I want to laugh at all the guys working there with southern accents.  Go Home.
View Quote

Many things are higher at Cabelas than at other stores, some laughably so. They do have some ammo cheaper than anyplace else I've been to lately (but I no longer work to get to some stores), and have calibers that other places just don't bother to carry.

You do remember that most of us Alaskans came from somewhere else, right? If that is how you decide who is 'Alaskan' you might be making a mistake or two.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 3:14:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought a ton of sub 50 cent buckshot. Mini shells and regular 2.75.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah.  3 bears has powder, plenty of it.  Lot cheaper than ~32 bucks/can, and Sportsmans has primers for ~34 bucks/brick.

View Quote

Does 3 bears have H1000 or Retumbo?

Link Posted: 7/1/2014 11:51:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what it looks, if one store or chain has something in stock, they all do.  I rashly assume they are all supplied by VF Grace.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 1:11:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

From what it looks, if one store or chain has something in stock, they all do.  I rashly assume they are all supplied by VF Grace.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe with powder but I have found that with other things in the outdoors section one will have something and the others won't the price for firearms varies when looking at davidson's
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looking at the KGB road 3 Bears this morning, they have H50 BMG and 7828 on the slow side of things.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Looking at the KGB road 3 Bears this morning, they have H50 BMG and 7828 on the slow side of things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for checking!
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thanks for checking!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for checking!

And today they have Retumbo for ~28.50/can and another slow ultramag power, forgot the name.   Still no pistol powder.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 1:29:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

And today they have Retumbo for ~28.50/can and another slow ultramag power, forgot the name.   Still no pistol powder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for checking!

Elwood, the Retumbo was at 3 Bears not Cabelas, correct?

Thanks,
D
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 1:47:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Right, 3 bears on KGB road.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:34:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:24:07 AM EDT
[#21]
I have 2 extra Lbs Retumbo
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 8:06:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm going to be in Anchorage on the 20th. I'll try to get over to 3 bears and see if they have any H1000 or Retumbo.

Thanks for the offers guys.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm going to be in Anchorage on the 20th. I'll try to get over to 3 bears and see if they have any H1000 or Retumbo.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FYI,
I called 3 Bears on KGB this morning. they Have H1000 and Retumbo. Limited to 2 LBS a day. I hope thy have some left on the 22nd!

Until that day,
Darkop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top