Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2014 5:00:45 PM EDT
I need some holster recommendations. I posted a similar thread in Montana HTF because that is the area i will be in. But there is a lot more activity here and i feel like you guys are just as knowledgeable about the type of carry i want to do. I want a good "field" holster for carrying in the woods for my 4" 686. I know a larger caliber would be better but this is what i have. I will mostly be hiking, animal watching, photographing, camping and generally being outdoors in the woods. Maybe some MTB riding but not sure i will carry then.  I wont be hunting or carrying a long gun. But i might have a back pack and be covering a lot of distance. So it should be comfortably to hike with. This is a quick picture of my proposed simple field set up. My 4" prelock 686 and my Falkniven.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#1]
DD guides choice.

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Indeed.  I've bought three of them (and they are not cheap).  Am not saying that to toot my horn, but to highlight the usefulness and inherent value of the DD holster.  I have one for a Glock 20, 329 PD, and a Browning Buckmark.   I highly recommend these holsters.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 10:21:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Or for just a belt holster. Simply rugged sourdough pancake.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:07:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Have a GP 100 4inch in a DD works great worth the $  comes in a lefty to if you need that
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:58:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:19:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Diamond D.Works great under pack straps,no problem drawing from a seated position on an RV or a horse. More clearance than a belt holster when wading,fishing,crossing streams.i wear one daily.very comfortable and durable!
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:26:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I use one of the Diamond D guides choice holsters also. Pretty sure that's where this thread is going to trend to. I have one of the simply rugged pancakes, it is a very well made holster. However, I prefer the location of the chest style for bush carry.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I also carry in Dave's guide choice holster. I also work with Dave and can say that he is an awesome guy and I love supporting Alaskans.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#9]

I have that for my Alaskan.  Love it for fishing
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 for DD

Probably won't find a better made holster out there.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:49:36 PM EDT
[#12]
They look like 5.11 tac-lite pants maybe?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:11:19 AM EDT
[#13]
This.

Quoted:
They look like 5.11 tac-lite pants maybe?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

http://alaskashooters.com/forsale/newest/casull-holster.jpg
View Quote

Does the simply rugged pancake remain open after you draw the revolver, or does it close up requiring a two handed reholster?  Your thoughts are appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#15]
It remains open enough yes.

Quoted:

Does the simply rugged pancake remain open after you draw the revolver, or does it close up requiring a two handed reholster?  Your thoughts are appreciated.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://alaskashooters.com/forsale/newest/casull-holster.jpg

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:31:55 PM EDT
[#16]

THIS!!!! Only game in town when it comes to carrying in AK in the bush, have one for my 629 and I love it, pretty beat to hell though, gonna have to bite the bullet and get another one soon.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:59:09 AM EDT
[#18]
You guys sound like a broken record! I will take a look at the DD guides choice.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:09:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You guys sound like a broken record! I will take a look at the DD guides choice.
View Quote

They are spending (around $175) but really are the best way to go 99% of the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top