Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2016 12:08:26 AM EDT
Are there any options for a public rifle range in the des moines area? I need somewhere local to quickly confirm zero before a hunt. I would prefer an unstaffed range just for time's sake, but that's not a priority.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I think Banner still has a few 100yrd lanes. It is south of town between DSM and Indianola. Olofson up in Polk City will when the they open back up but who knows when that will be.

There is also Des Moines Rifle and Revolver Club out in Van Meter they have 100yrd out to 600 or 700 yard lanes. I don't know their membership status last I heard they have a waiting list to join.
Maybe someone else has more info.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think Banner still has a few 100yrd lanes. It is south of town between DSM and Indianola. Olofson up in Polk City will when the they open back up but who knows when that will be.

There is also Des Moines Rifle and Revolver Club out in Van Meter they have 100yrd out to 600 or 700 yard lanes. I don't know their membership status last I heard they have a waiting list to join.
View Quote

Waiting list for years at Van Meter.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#4]
No, I'm not aware of any that havent been mention, sorry.  

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And goddamn I'm looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are not afraid of a little drive south of Des Moines:

highlakesgunrange.wixsite.com

Trap, skeet, rifle, and pistol range - 5 trap fields, 1 skeet field, rifle range from 100 out to 775 yards. 50 yard pistol pit.

2216 130th St.
Afton, IA 50830

[email protected]

Link Posted: 11/3/2016 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you are not afraid of a little drive south of Des Moines:

highlakesgunrange.wixsite.com

Trap, skeet, rifle, and pistol range - 5 trap fields, 1 skeet field, rifle range from 100 out to 775 yards. 50 yard pistol pit.

2216 130th St.
Afton, IA 50830

[email protected]

View Quote

More info on the place?  Cost, waiting list, any retarded policies?  Can I position shoot?  Steel targets available?  

Site says 500 yards.

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top