Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2016 11:02:10 AM EDT
Anyone know of someone that has and sells old gun parts in Iowa? I have an older .22 rifle that I'd like to find a part for. Any leads would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Brownells has a lot of small and hard to find parts
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 11:23:41 AM EDT
[#2]
The part I need is for a rifle that's kinda rare and from the 20's or 30's so it's likely gonna be a bit tougher to find and it'll be a used part. Brownells only has new parts. but thanks for trying!
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#3]
What is the rifle in question, that may help. I've had decent luck finding seemiihard to find parts on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a Savage model 23A, and I've been checking Gunbroker regularly. The part is called a rear magazine retainer and ejector. Numerich/Gun Parts Corp. doesn't have it either. I'm hoping to find someone that has various old parts for sale.

Link Posted: 7/4/2016 12:33:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Where in IA are you? There's an antique shop in Floyd that always seems to have old, random gun parts that might be worth a try.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm in SE Iowa, so that's pretty far away. If they had an email address I could send a picture of the part needed?

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#7]
There used to be a guy that had old parts at the fairgrounds gun shows.  I once got a business card from him and it just had his name and maybe an e-mail address on it.  He used to be on the left hand side, an isle or two in, when you walked in door at the 4h building.  I got a few old obsolete parts from him many years ago, but I can't find his business card now.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.gun-parts.com/

Bob's Gun Parts out of Arkansas.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 7:00:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, tried Bob's and Wisner's too with no luck!   This one's a tough one....................

There's a guy named Butch that goes to the Rutledge Flea Market in MO with bunches of old parts, but I don't know how to get in touch with him except by going to the Flea Market.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep, tried Bob's and Wisner's too with no luck!   This one's a tough one....................

There's a guy named Butch that goes to the Rutledge Flea Market in MO with bunches of old parts, but I don't know how to get in touch with him except by going to the Flea Market.
View Quote

Butch usually sets up at the local gun shows, but I haven't seen him at the last two or three we were at. There is one this weekend, if I see him I'll ask.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 10:36:40 PM EDT
[#11]
If you see him that would be great! I think Rutledge will be going this weekend too, so I'm not sure which one he'd be at.

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 11:26:02 PM EDT
[#12]
edited

reading all posts helps
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 10:36:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Butch is not at the show
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Butch is not at the show
View Quote

Saw Butch today at the Rutledge Flea Market. He didn't have the part but said he might have it at home, but no promises. We'll find out I guess.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, Butch couldn't help out on that part, so I'm still looking!  
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:29:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Got a friend planning to ask the person I IMed you about-he shoots trap with him, should see him in the next few days.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:12:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Have you tried Classic Firearms and Parts?

In the past I have been able to source a few rare parts through them.

I would think the other option would be to see if you can find technical specs and have a local machine shop make one for you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Yep, I tried them and am on the waiting list for the part as they are out of stock on it.

I have some materials, and as a last resort I will try and duplicate one. It is a lot of work, so as I said, it's kind of a last resort thing.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Update! I finally found the part I needed on Ebay! I found it listed under Savage Sporter 22 LR parts! It was at a decent price too!

Thanks to all that tried to help find it!
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:40:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Update! I finally found the part I needed on Ebay! I found it listed under Savage Sporter 22 LR parts! It was at a decent price too!

Thanks to all that tried to help find it!
View Quote

Thanks for the update, glad you found one.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top