Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2015 5:57:30 PM EDT
Buddy of mine said he has to retake a class or qualify at the range to renew his permit.
His is not expired.

Renewed mine the end of last January and heard of no such thing.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Buddy of mine said he has to retake a class or qualify at the range to renew his permit.
His is not expired.

View Quote

Was your permit expired or would it have expired within 30 days of when you applied? If yes, that's why. If no, I'm not sure your permit is actually valid.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Was your permit expired or would it have expired within 30 days of when you applied? If yes, that's why. If no, I'm not sure your permit is actually valid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
His is not expired.

Some counties have been issuing "duplicate" permits when one is lost and putting a new 5 year period on them. I've wondered the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#3]
$25 "renewal" requires some form of re-training/shooting within the last year.
$50 "new permit" applied for one day later (29 days before expiration) can use your training cert from 5 years ago. or 50 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 8:43:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I must have gotten the "new one" as I switched counties on it as well.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Bullshit or proving you know how to responsibly handle the right?  I know this is not a popular opinion but I think everyone should be able to prove they can handle the right by being proficient with the responsibility at least every 5 years. (it probably should be done every 2 years at a minimum)   I have seen too many amateurs who cannot handle the right because they don't have a clue on how the handle the firearms safely and responsibly.    Just the way I see it.
kwg
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#6]
As you said, not a popular opinion around here.

It isn't a right if you have to prove anything about it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Some counties have been issuing "duplicate" permits when one is lost and putting a new 5 year period on them. I've wondered the same thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

His is not expired.

Actually, the "duplicate" permits should have the original issue date and original expiration date on them, don't know what those counties are doing.  I also believe Kleinman's permit is valid since it was issued to him.  

Link Posted: 11/15/2015 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Bullshit or proving you know how to responsibly handle the right?  I know this is not a popular opinion but I think everyone should be able to prove they can handle the right by being proficient with the responsibility at least every 5 years. (it probably should be done every 2 years at a minimum)   I have seen too many amateurs who cannot handle the right because they don't have a clue on how the handle the firearms safely and responsibly.    Just the way I see it.
kwg
View Quote

I'd kindly ask that you submit a 5000 word email to my inbox in order to use your first amendment Right.
I just don't agree with what you're saying and don't think you're proficient enough to use it.

K, thanks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 7:49:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
$50 "new permit" applied for one day later (29 days before expiration) can use your training cert from 5 years ago. or 50 years ago.
View Quote

does this mean I don't have to wait till the expiration date on the permit to apply for a "new" one? I can get a "new" one within the last 29 days of it's validity?
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

does this mean I don't have to wait till the expiration date on the permit to apply for a "new" one? I can get a "new" one within the last 29 days of it's validity?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. You can read the exact wording in IC724, but that's the summary. Submit paperwork for a $50 "new" permit 29 days from expiration, using old training.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#11]
How long before your expiration date can you renew
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How long before your expiration date can you renew
View Quote

12 months maximum. 30 days minimum. Less than 30 days is considered a "new" permit rather than a "renewal"
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:49:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'd kindly ask that you submit a 5000 word email to my inbox in order to use your first amendment Right.
I just don't agree with what you're saying and don't think you're proficient enough to use it.

K, thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
kwg

K, thanks.

I'm not sure what your asking for or saying.  Other than I only have to prove to my boss 2 times a year I am proficient.   But, I'd be willing to do it anyway just to stay on top of the game.
kwg
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top