Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2015 9:34:31 PM EDT
Comrades-

It's been five years since Shall Issue was signed into law. That means tens of thousands of Permits to Carry are about to expire. The Iowa Firearms Coalition is putting on a mass Permit to Carry re-cert day October 10th at the Big Springs Gun Range in Searsboro, IA.

Our goal is to get as many people re-certified as quickly as possible at a reasonable cost. You should be able to roll up, recertify and be on your way in less than 60 minutes, ready to file your paperwork with your local sheriff's office.

Cost is $25 per person, paid the day of the event.

For those of you who are social media types we have created a Facebook event page with all the details. You can also RSVP there, though it's not required.

If you're not on social media here's the info on the IFC website.

If you guys can't make it the 10th hopefully this still serves as a good reminder to make sure your permit doesn't lapse (our ultimate goal).
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Almost forgot, all proceeds from the event will go to the IFC's political action committee. Which means you'll get what you need to get your permit renewed, and a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that your recert costs will be going directly to getting pro-2A legislators elected, and pro-gun owner bills passed in the Iowa legislature. Everybody wins.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Almost forgot, all proceeds from the event will go to the IFC's political action committee. Which means you'll get what you need to get your permit renewed, and a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that your recert costs will be going directly to getting pro-2A legislators elected, and pro-gun owner bills passed in the Iowa legislature. Everybody wins.
View Quote

this part makes me feel really good.  Hope there is a big crowd for this.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#3]
What are the range qualifications?  I see 20 rounds but nothing about targets or distance.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 8:53:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What are the range qualifications?  I see 20 rounds but nothing about targets or distance.
View Quote

That actually varies somewhat by instructor. Steve Hensyel of Hawkeye Firearms Instruction has volunteered to do the re-certs. I'll touch base with him to get the specifics from him and report back.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 11:20:45 PM EDT
[#5]
"10 shots total on an 8" target at 8 yards in under one minute with 5 shots, a reload and 5 more shots. Need 100 percent to pass and also demonstrate safe gun handling through the excecise. A person gets 2 official attempts."
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#6]
So if the first ten rounds meets the criteria, you're good?
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 12:56:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So if the first ten rounds meets the criteria, you're good?
View Quote

You got it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:16:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry if this is a silly question.  The reload portion.  Does that mean actually loading the mag or just have a second one ready?  I ask as my wife will be doing this with me and she has "issues" putting the rounds in the mag.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Just a mag change with five shots per mag for a total of ten shots. You can practice as much as you want but you only get two actual tries at the test.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:37:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just a mag change with five shots per mag for a total of ten shots. You can practice as much as you want but you only get two actual tries at the test.
View Quote

Thanks!  
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for volunteering your time, skills, and energy for this.

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed it was a lot of fun.  You guys did a great job.  My wife really enjoyed it.  The guys down on th practice rang did an amazing job as well.  

CaesAR15, it was nice to meet you.  Again you guys did a great job, thanks for doing this.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#13]
What a great day Saturday ! I am exhausted, but I had a really good time helping everyone shoot, learn and be safe today. I really want to thank everyone who came out to support IFC and for being patient while waiting to shoot. IFC supporters are some of the nicest people around and I am always pleased to be a part of the organization and help out where and when possible. I really must compliment everyone who came out to shoot as they were all safe and had good range manners and it really helped to make my job a bit easier. A big thanks also to all the IFC volunteers who helped out behind the scenes today too. A lot of people worked their tails off to make the event go as smooth as it did.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 7:26:07 PM EDT
[#14]
BTW, 100% of the proceeds went towards the IFC PAC to help fight for gun rights here in Iowa. (minus the cost of insurance for IFC of course).  We hope to be able to hold more of these events in the future as people always seem to have a good time when shooting and hanging with other like minded individuals.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Agreed it was a lot of fun.  You guys did a great job.  My wife really enjoyed it.  The guys down on th practice rang did an amazing job as well.  

CaesAR15, it was nice to meet you.  Again you guys did a great job, thanks for doing this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was great chatting with you Skozzy! Thanks for coming out. I really enjoy meeting you guys face to face.

Our event was a definite success. It hasn't been settled yet, but there's a very good chance we'll be doing more of these in the future.

In the mean time, check your permit's people! Don't let them expire!
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#16]
great day.  dug it!  thanks all!
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top