Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2015 7:33:32 AM EDT
Has anyone here put up a pole barn?
We are looking at putting one up and I was just trying to see if anyone has had first hand experiance from any of them.
We have contacted
Morton - been almost a week with no call back
Wick - Called next day
Cleary - Called next day
Quality Structures Inc- No call back

I am also going to talk to a local company that I think builds buildings, just wondering if im missing any known popular ones?
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are in central or South central Iowa, PM me, I have a local guy who is very good.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're in NE IA Midwest does good work.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 1:54:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Morton is a big name in my area and the quality of work greatly depends upon the crew.  

I was extremely impressed with a NuMark building that was built for a family member.  
It was a new workshop instead of a poll barn, but they seem to build anything.
http://numarkbuildings.com/
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#4]
We have been dealing with Morton residential division n building us a new house. They have been ok to deal with.  Running about $35sq ft
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#5]
As said above Midwest does good work and are excellent guys.  They are a family operated owned company. The main shop is just north of waterloo airport. I did concrete for years and we did alot of stuff for them including the shop they put up for themselves. They also put up the building for my boss at the time. We also did alot of buildings for Craig at Conner pacemaker out of Washington Iowa. Same thing family owned. Not sure the name of the company now as Craigs sister was getting sick years ago and he started taking care of the whole works. Morton is also a good building. Some packages almost seem overkill as the poles are so close together.  Or maybe I just thought so being I had to saw cut off everyone. Anyways hope that helps and if you have any questions throw an email at me. I'll try not to let you hear the jealousy of me not having a pole shed
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#6]
My uncle owns a pole building outfit in central Iowa but travels. Pm me if you would like more info.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I got it mostly figured out, I think I am going to use a wick building the builder has been very prompt getting me answers and quotes now I just am trying to decide how I'm going to do the floor. And for crops to come out since it's going into part of the field.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#8]
What part of Iowa? I'm in SE South Dakota and there is a Wick guy that I know that covers a good chunk of Iowa too. If you're working with Jon he'll make sure everything is taken care of.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I am in NE Iowa. The wifes uncle built a wick and he has been very happy and I have had very good things about that builder from lots of people
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top