Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2015 11:12:45 PM EDT
Bfl spotted on it.

And why did you get rid of it?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#1]
color?

i know two that have one on it.  black and another blue.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
color?

i know two that have one on it.  black and another blue.
View Quote

White I believe.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#3]
don't know that one...
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:54:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I was a die hard GM guy but I got rid of my 2500 and decided I would try a Tundra I must say I am loving the reliability of the tundra but it lacks towing capacity even compared to a 1500 it still falls short in towing.
If I didn't need a truck so much I think the FJ would be a fun ride I like them more than the ever popular jeep lots of aftermarket support for the FJ if you are considering getting it Tim I think it would be a good vehicle
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was a die hard GM guy but I got rid of my 2500 and decided I would try a Tundra I must say I am loving the reliability of the tundra but it lacks towing capacity even compared to a 1500 it still falls short in towing.
If I didn't need a truck so much I think the FJ would be a fun ride I like them more than the ever popular jeep lots of aftermarket support for the FJ if you are considering getting it Tim I think it would be a good vehicle
View Quote

don't know what tundra you bought...  i sold a 2500HD diesel crew cab chevy with the allison, which was a pretty good truck, for a tundra crew max and pull the same 16000lbs with it.  not quite the same power on hills, that's for sure, but it works fine.  

my tundra was built by union labor in texas with more parts sourced from america than my chevy.  considering toyota is a publicly traded company just like chevy, but toyota doesn't soak the taxpayers for their shit business decisions i find it easy to buy from them...  that and their vehicles aren't pieces of shit and hold their value to unreal levels...
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

don't know what tundra you bought...  i sold a 2500HD diesel crew cab chevy with the allison, which was a pretty good truck, for a tundra crew max and pull the same 16000lbs with it.  not quite the same power on hills, that's for sure, but it works fine.  

my tundra was built by union labor in texas with more parts sourced from america than my chevy.  considering toyota is a publicly traded company just like chevy, but toyota doesn't soak the taxpayers for their shit business decisions i find it easy to buy from them...  that and their vehicles aren't pieces of shit and hold their value to unreal levels...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand this 100% I have a 1st gen tundra (06) double cab I feel like they fudged the numbers on the 1st gen to  compete with the 1/2 ton domestic trucks, with 2000 in the bed the truck is on bump stops, it has a 3760 rear GAWR so I know it's close to limit with 2000lbs in the back I know know helper bags could do some good, acell loaded is ok and at highway speeds it has to shift often then the computer keeps it in lower gear to prevent overheating in trans from shifting. Stopping is ok Toyota could have ditched the drums on the 1st gens in the rear but they are ok esp when using trailer brake controller. Yes I know 100% taking major difference between 2500 and a tundra but I feel even compared to the 1/2 ton Domestics they don't have the towing ability. I know they made leaps and bounds improvements on the 2nd gen tundras and I should have held out and bought one of those but overall I am very satisfied with the truck and Toyota in general and I plan on another tundra when this dies unless Toyota comes to the U.S. Market with a diesel
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:08:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:unless Toyota comes to the U.S. Market with a diesel
View Quote

i'm hearing this will be reality.  we'll see.  i'll be interested for sure.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I got rid of my '07 FJ back when gas was close to $4 and I was driving 700-900 miles a week.

Big mistake, it was great vehicle.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Still have my 07.  It is a bit rough on fuel, but its also paid for.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top