Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2015 11:18:22 AM EDT
What the heck is going on? I just got 2 emails about legal issues?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#1]
In reality, likely nothing. He has sent these out before for fund raising. It is his tactic when the legislature is out and he is likely losing membership, and with it money, from the truth being circulated on social media. These are a bit sooner than the others in time frame from the end of the legislative session.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#2]
If you stopped in here more, you'd have known immediately that it was just another one of their scams.

Goal #1 is fundraising.  Everything else gets thrown under the bus for that, including advancing Second Amendment rights.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I've always been curious about how I got on their mailing list? I signed up for the IFC and joined their list. Is someone there giving that info to the IGO on the sly?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:56:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've always been curious about how I got on their mailing list? I signed up for the IFC and joined their list. Is someone there giving that info to the IGO on the sly?
View Quote

HAHAHA!
They are professional political fundraisers. Political campaigns buy and sell email lists for people in their target demographic, for fundraising purposes.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 12:42:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can pretty much guarantee that IFC did not give or sell your info to IGO. There is no love between the two. They are a big burr in our ass. In fact, in the ass of all gun owners in this state. It is quite possible that the mailing list came from that permanent database they swear doesn't exist but would exist if the omnibus bill had passed. Truth be that the database has existed for a great many years, just ask a few of the newspapers around the state that have published names and addresses of permit holders.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess my point is that I never started getting any mailings from IGO until about a month after I signed up for IFC mailings, just this Spring. Still seems like a strange coincidence to me..............
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I guess my point is that I never started getting any mailings from IGO until about a month after I signed up for IFC mailings, just this Spring. Still seems like a strange coincidence to me..............
View Quote

IFC would be even less likely to give information to Dorr/IGO than, say, Handgun Control Incorporated, or Blomberg/Moms Demand Action. IFC does not sell nor distribute membership information.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#8]
IFC has never and will never share anyone's information to third parties that aren't contracted out for services on IFC's behalf. We did not roll our own legislative contact software, or membership software. The number of companies outside IFC that have your info is either one or two depending on whether you're a supporting member, and those companies are among the best in the business at what they do and your security couldn't reasonably be in better hands.

I say this as IFC's technology director.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Omega, do you have your carry permit?  IGO gets info from public record of those.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 11:39:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Omega, do you have your carry permit?  IGO gets info from public record of those.
View Quote

Yes, but I have had it for many years before I started getting the IGO stuff! I'm not someone who suspects things without some serious thought consideration. I previously have been LEO and also have several times held an FFL, but no IGO crap until shortly after I signed up for IFC communications. If there's some sort of connection, I'm sure it's not something the IFC management is currently aware of.............
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:04:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes, but I have had it for many years before I started getting the IGO stuff! I'm not someone who suspects things without some serious thought consideration. I previously have been LEO and also have several times held an FFL, but no IGO crap until shortly after I signed up for IFC communications. If there's some sort of connection, I'm sure it's not something the IFC management is currently aware of.............
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's definitely not a connection, because I have a dormant email setup on IFC's email list just to check for this type of thing.

It's not getting any IGO emails, nor any other emails besides IFC.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 11:36:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

tinfoil too tight.  IFC isn't selling your contact info.  I started getting NAGR mailings after I signed some petition online, but that was before learning about IFC.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

tinfoil too tight.  IFC isn't selling your contact info.  I started getting NAGR mailings after I signed some petition online, but that was before learning about IFC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is one of the big ways IGO and NAGR mine emails.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 10:59:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Seems like I just started getting emails from NGR (Dudley) begging for donations. never started getting them until the other day.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:17:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Seems like I just started getting emails from NGR (Dudley) begging for donations. never started getting them until the other day.
View Quote

Blocking his email and domain doesn't seem to work either. I've blocked him 6-7 times in the last year. Keeps turning up in my inbox.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:09:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep! After some thought, I realized that at a local Gun Show last Fall I had signed a Stand Your Ground petition. I now feel confident that.s how I got on their list. They let a few months pass by before stating the emails, so I didn't associate it all until I read the quoted post.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yep! After some thought, I realized that at a local Gun Show last Fall I had signed a Stand Your Ground petition. I now feel confident that.s how I got on their list. They let a few months pass by before stating the emails, so I didn't associate it all until I read the quoted post.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:24:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ha.  Well that is exactly what those petitions and all the other nonsense is for.  I am going to get a table next year at the local gun show and try my best to be right next to the IGO booth.  I will sell stuff I don't use anymore and warn everyone that walks by to not sign up for IGO's bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ha.  Well that is exactly what those petitions and all the other nonsense is for.  I am going to get a table next year at the local gun show and try my best to be right next to the IGO booth.  I will sell stuff I don't use anymore and warn everyone that walks by to not sign up for IGO's bullshit.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top