Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2015 12:56:31 PM EDT
My good friend and 'right hand man' Dave is moving on to new adventures in life. For a number of years Dave has applied his years as an armorer, his service in the Army, his time as a Sheriff's Deputy, and being an all around good guy and great Dad, to the distinct value our customers.

As Dave picks up, moves, and fully retires, help me wish him the very best. He's been an invaluable asset here at the shop and while I'm losing a great friend and high quality gun plumber from daily visits, I'm elated for him to move onto something new in his life's journey.

THANK YOU DAVE! You've helped build our brand with your commitment to quality and customers. I owe you more than I can express.
We'll be holding a farewell celebration next Friday, the 15th from 1-6pm, here at the shop. Please stop by and visit. We'll have a few refreshments and the story stick will be passed around generously with no doubt! See you all then!

-Michael
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:59:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this a roast?!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Dave, I'll miss chatting with you when I stop in.  I wish you the best.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this a roast?!
View Quote

something like that

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#5]
if I receive my AR parts for my 20" build I might take the day off and make the trip up there so he can put on my barrel one last time
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Good luck Dave!  I'll be in Newton Friday, I'll try to stop by.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn it, that's my birthday.  Now I will always associate it with that.  Thanks Dave!   And good luck to him!
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys!  Maybe you can help me figure out how to keep my bench squared away after I leave?  Drone?

Link Posted: 5/10/2015 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks guys!  Maybe you can help me figure out how to keep my bench squared away after I leave?  Drone?

View Quote

Fuck it, it ain't gonna be your bench anymore!

Gonna miss you Dave. Hopefully I can make it out there. My AR pistol is still running like a champ, so I'll bring it along for memories sake!
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 10:35:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

What's the future hold for you?
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Much like the lego movie we will spray it down with super glue to ensure nothing moves.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Much like the lego movie we will spray it down with super glue to ensure nothing moves.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I was nice getting to touch base with you when I came into the shop.  You always treated your customers well.  Good luck in your future endeavors.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Moving to a safe, secure undisclosed location.  Possibly infested with grandkids.

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Probably a block or two away from the original Hooters location in Clearwater!  Orange shorts and chicken wings shall get their's!!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 4:56:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Moving to a safe, secure undisclosed location.  Possibly infested with grandkids.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and chupacabra...
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Dave is one of the reasons that I shoot like I do!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:20:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Probably a block or two away from the original Hooters location in Clearwater!  Orange shorts and chicken wings shall get their's!!!
View Quote

When they get the new one opened in DSM it will give me an excuse for a road trip!

Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:29:55 PM EDT
[#19]
DAMN IT!!! and I was just looking at moving to the Ankeny/Alleman area and hanging out with my buddy.
Well, good luck with whatever/whoever you end up doing where ever.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Tried to get the day off from work but I sadly cannot... Best of luck Dave!
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Best of luck to take Dave! Sorry I wasn't able to make it out today. I'll get a picture of my Sig frame posted for you so you have something to laugh at tonight!

ETA:

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Sorry I missed the get together, thanks for all of your help over the years and best of luck in your future endeavors! Hope to see you around still, don't be a stranger
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Best of luck to take Dave! Sorry I wasn't able to make it out today. I'll get a picture of my Sig frame posted for you so you have something to laugh at tonight!

ETA:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-o2KpIkV6fz0/VVaeFPUehpI/AAAAAAAAD1Q/V24KVP0FH3c/s1095-Ut/2015-05-15.jpg
View Quote

Michael has a universal factory adjustment tool for that on his bench.  It's quite impressive to watch him making adjustments with it too!

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Michael has a universal factory adjustment tool for that on his bench.  It's quite impressive to watch him making adjustments with it too!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-o2KpIkV6fz0/VVaeFPUehpI/AAAAAAAAD1Q/V24KVP0FH3c/s1095-Ut/2015-05-15.jpg

Haha let me guess. It weighs three pounds?
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

You've obviously seen it!
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:27:17 AM EDT
[#26]
A few years ago I had a chance conversation with Michael after one of the CCA open house/MG shoots.  One of the things we talked about was his vision of what he wanted CCA to be.  I was impressed by that vision and mentioned to him that I would love to have the opportunity to be a part of it.  He gave me that opportunity.  From that little space in the rear of Michael’s garage to the new larger shop of today CCA has grown to be known literally around the world for quality firearms, training and gunsmithing.  

During the time I spent with CCA, Michael not only made me part of CCA, he made me part of his own family.  My favorite memories from this time will be of our days in the shop, lunches and above all, those conversations we had across the benches laced with movie quotes and politics.  He was without a doubt the best “boss” I have ever worked for.   For his trust and friendship I will be forever grateful.          

To all the great folks that I have met during my time at CCA know that you had a big part in making my experience there a positive one too.  To those that were able to attend my re-retirement party and to all of you that have extended well wishes, thank you!  I promise to do my best to stay in touch by stopping by to haunt the shop on occasion and to attend some future shoots and activities.  And yes, expect an occasional constructive comment from me on the IHTF.

Another Caucasian, Gary.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Another Caucasian, Gary.
View Quote

agreed.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Couldn't make it over that far, but Dave is one of the good ones.

When I was but a wee-chin-bearded college student, Dave saw it fit to help me out in a big way. First, he helped me put on my first AR barrel and HG, then, when I changed my mind, he helped me take it apart. Oh, and somewhere in-between he lent this almost total stranger borrow a sexy fluted, SS barrel... and when it didn't like my bolt, he let me borrow one of those too , shaved down a FSB for me, etc.

All things I can now do on my own thanks to Dave. I do my best to help other forum members out with what little I can do thanks in no small part to Dave. You will be missed. Cheers!
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Oh damn it!!! I forgot all about this

Dave without you around out there the shop will feel empty... But probably smell better.

I've enjoyed our chats and I look forward to continueing them, though in a different setting.

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Now that's funny!
View Quote

Back when we had some fun around here.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Oh damn it!!! I forgot all about this

Dave without you around out there the shop will feel empty... But probably smell better.

I've enjoyed our chats and I look forward to continueing them, though in a different setting.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h270/dreadMullets/fishgetthecar.jpg
View Quote

That reminds me!  I'll need to hire a new driver and staff.  Hooters girls and grouchy UPRR employees will get preference.  Also need to figure out shipping costs from Collins to Sioux City area for tasty home baked pastries.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:09:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now that's funny!

We have seen better days around here.
I lurk in the shadows creepily watching, but I rarely post in here these days...

I think it's Septics Fault. We haven't had a good build day/shoot in a long while and now he's run WeakArm off
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I lurk in the shadows creepily watching, but I rarely post in here these days...

I think it's Septics Fault. We haven't had a good build day/shoot in a long while and now he's run WeakArm off
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now that's funny!

i agree....  it's my fault.

so how about a clay bird shoot or something?

i built a berm just for it already and a parking lot....  maybe some friendly competition.  prize or two.  grill.  brats.  hugs...
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:29:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

i built a berm just for it already and a parking lot....  maybe some friendly competition.  prize or two.  grill.  brats.  hugs...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now that's funny!

I haven't shot clays since I moved to Iowa.

I'd be down.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top