Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 1:11:35 PM EDT
I'm in the middle of my pistol build, and I'm getting ready to assemble my upper. Barrel and gas system parts should be here this week. Assuming no problems with the order, is there anyone who'd be willing to borrow/rent/assist me in installing my barrel, as I don't currently have a vise block or reaction rod type tool? I'm in I.C.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#1]
i'm straight west of IC about 70 minutes just off I80.  glad to help if you need it.

-michael
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the offer michael. Not sure About driving 2+ hours round trip to do a 3 minute job but I'll message you if it comes to that. Much appreciated
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:35:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the offer michael. Not sure About driving 2+ hours round trip to do a 3 minute job but I'll message you if it comes to that. Much appreciated
View Quote

It's not a wasted trip...It gives you a chance to meet up with the CCA crew and test fire your rifle on the spot. Not to mention Michael can let you know if your rifle has any problems.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Being able to test fire and spot check any issues with quality gunsmiths right there is a big help.

When I did my 7.5" AR pistol, it wasn't ejecting right, took it back in, tweaked it a bit, and it was running like a top. Had I done it myself, I'd have wasted a range trip test firing, then getting online to figure out the issue, or take it to a gunsmith, then another range trip to test fire.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Michael pinned my 5.45 barrel for me and I am pretty sure he test fired it too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:39:51 AM EDT
[#6]
North of Iowa City, East of Cedar Rapids.  

PM me we will figure something out
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top