Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2014 1:07:19 PM EDT
Got there Sunday morning.  Very sparse crowd.  Some of the dealers were moving product but not like past shows.  Nobody was looking at anything Gabe's had, felt kind of sorry for them.  Looked at a lot of stuff, there were deals to be had.  Several dealers started marking down late morning.  Didn't' buy anything tho I was tempted.  DSM show might be interesting in a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I am actually surprised Gabe even sells much of anything considering his prices compared to other dealers throughout the show.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am actually surprised Gabe even sells much of anything considering his prices compared to other dealers throughout the show.
View Quote

Gabe was always high end stuff, usually at a high end price.  The sons are running it now, I haven't seen Gabe at a show is quite a while, even longer for Sue.  I used to stop in their shop when I lived in Iowa City.  Bought a few things from him but nothing recently.  They will discount some stuff as it gets late on Sunday.  

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Gabe was always high end stuff, usually at a high end price.  The sons are running it now, I haven't seen Gabe at a show is quite a while, even longer for Sue.  I used to stop in their shop when I lived in Iowa City.  Bought a few things from him but nothing recently.  They will discount some stuff as it gets late on Sunday.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have had for the most part the same stock that the other dealers have on their tables with a few exceptions so I don't agree with your claim. Gabe's is the Gander Mountain of the shows.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They have had for the most part the same stock that the other dealers have on their tables with a few exceptions so I don't agree with your claim. Gabe's is the Gander Mountain of the shows.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their 1911 selection tends toward the higher end.  Lots of Kimbers and such.  Same with Smith revolvers.  They're about the only ones stocking those anymore.  But yeah, there is some overlap.  Very little used stuff, which is what I mostly bought from them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I grabbed a couple $10 50cal ammo cans one of the dealers had on sale. There were some other deals on things if someone was looking. I also noticed a few AR 10's in 308 and 243 around the $900 mark.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I assume they were, or will soon be the ones PSA is selling for $700
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:11:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Did anyone checkout Tactical Creations? I traded my bushmaster varminter for a SA Range Officer.  I felt he was fare and gave me a good deal.  They also had a double barrel 1911 for like $10,000.  I saw it featured on Tac TV with Larry Vickers.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top