Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2014 2:08:41 PM EDT
My daughter may take a job with ACH Foods in Ankeny.  Can you folks tell me anything positive/negative about the town and company?  I'm mainly worried about the safety of my daughter, but any other info would also be very welcome. She has to decide about the job by tomorrow morning, so I need info quickly.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You won't have to worry anymore about her safety than you already do.
Trouble has wheels and it can get anywhere, but overall ankeny is a good town.

Does your daughter like bearded men?
(I had to )
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Ankeny is fine.  Fast growing suburb north of Des Moines.  Des Moines as a rule if fine.  Some less than deluxe areas, like any metro, but they're easily avoided.  Downtown DSM has undergone a bit of a revitalization in recent years.  Court Avenue and the eastside are kind of fun.  Ames (college town) is just to the north.  

Know nothing of ACH Foods.  Plenty of other opportunities if that doesn't work out.  The metro is pretty solid economically.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I live in Ankeny.  Good town...growing everyday.  Safe too...would not hesitate to let MY daughter work here.  

(She was raised here too)

Public schools are starting to be sucky in the last few years tho...
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:31:21 AM EDT
[#4]
The town is one of the fastest growing areas in the metro and most people like Ankeny except for the taxes.  Ankeny likes to build at least two of everything.

I have not heard anything bad about that company.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 1:02:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Tell her to leave her Frizbee golf bag at home.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tell her to leave her Frizbee golf bag at home.  
View Quote

Fail
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top