Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:47:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Might as well add this to the pile...

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/3306/zTKBB7.jpg
View Quote

Earlier this week I had my home built sprish 223 rifle out at long range.  I made 5 hits out of 5 shots at 600 yards.  I moved back to 770 yards and made 5 hits out of 5 shots.  Then I moved back to 1000 yards and made 2 hits out of 5 shots.  The 1000 yard shots were actually an unknown distance.  I ranged it with a mil dot reticle and mil dot master.  I checked and double checked and it was 1000 yards as close as I could possibly estimate using that method.  I doped the scope accordingly and made 2 hits out of the 5 shots.  There isn't much room for error at that range with a 223 so my range estimate had to be pretty darn close.  

The only thing that would have made it more fun would have been doing it at night!  Man you have some nice gear.  I love it!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Guess it's my turn to keep this thread going.  My latest.  5.45x39.  Ballistic Advantage 14.5 barrel and bolt.  DD BCG.  First time I have used a YHM upper and lower.  The normal magul goodies and a lantac dragon brake.  Once again, first time for using the Lantac.  Thanks to CCA for the pin and weld of it.  
" />
" />

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the heads up.  I am good on mags.  The 5.45 only uses a gen 2 window.   Those are the only ones that seem to take the mods needed for that round
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Finished this pistol build over the 4th of July.

I added a B5 grip to it yesterday, I like the angle a lot better. Definitely a fun blaster .

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:08:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Hiya, fellas.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top