Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2014 4:54:43 PM EDT
It's official. I'm shared this on FB and some people in person but I'm moving to Fort Worth Texas. I'll be officially out of Iowa in a couple weeks. The amount of friends I've made through the forums, Iowa Firearms Coalition (Iowa Carry), NRA events, etc. will surely be missed. On the bright side I have a meeting with an attorney the week after I get there to setup a NFA trust But serious again, thank you all for making my time here enjoyable.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:59:22 PM EDT
[#1]
we look forward to having you back!  enjoy the warmth down south!

maybe we'll get to attend lodge together some time.  brother!
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:27:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks. I look forward to it.

I'll have to touch base with you on NFA stuff. Wandering if I can still order stuff through you and get it sent to the nearest dealer to me (DSG Arms is local) but it sounds like a lot of places will only do it once I get my TX CHL. (Made me realize how good we have it in Iowa)
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good luck down there and I wish you all the best!  Do yourself a favor and go to Angelo's BBQ in Fort Worth...you'll thank me later.

Also if you haven't been on the TX HTF go check it out as there's a lot of great guys down there in that area that I met when I went to the Hun Farm some years ago.  Never mind...I just saw that you have a thread there.  
View Quote

Yeh, the post in the TX HTF was helpful and they have me some good advice through the process.

Angelo's looks good. I'll have to give that a try. My wife has been telling me we need to go to Texas de Brazil for our anniversary at the end of August.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#5]
But you are coming the 23rd right...?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#6]
North Main BBQ in Euless (only on weekend)
Clark's Outpost in Tioga
Risque's in Ft. Worth Stockyards
Papasito's

I spend a lot of time in these
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:34:32 PM EDT
[#7]
It has been a pleasure know you and seeing you at different event through the years. You have been a asset to the firearms community and the IFC  through work, volunteering and good stewardship. Thank you and Godspeed
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It has been a pleasure know you and seeing you at different event through the years. You have been a asset to the firearms community and the IFC  through work, volunteering and good stewardship. Thank you and Godspeed
View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:48:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Good luck to you .  What a great State.

Joe
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Understatement!
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Well said.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well said.

+2
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'll have to touch base with you on NFA stuff. Wandering if I can still order stuff through you and get it sent to the nearest dealer to me (DSG Arms is local) but it sounds like a lot of places will only do it once I get my TX CHL. (Made me realize how good we have it in Iowa)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup.  we'll supply you.  just a xfer from us to you through a dealer local to you.  we do it for people outside iowa all day long.  no worries.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#13]
On the serious side, been good knowing ya.
The knowledge you bring and willingness to share it has been a positive for us.
The couple of times we've met personally I have certainly enjoyed.
AND, I was and am still impressed with the fact that you could do that Ninja, push my USP forward hard and fast enough to cycle the slide and load a round, reload thing you could do at that armorer's class.

He could do this with my .45 USP.

Now, on the not serious side...
If you leave, our racial diversity goes to zero.
Where are we going to find another Canadian?

And back to serious, good luck, keep in touch, and remember update your entry on the IHTF map.

Greg
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:21:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm not sure you've fully considered what you're doing to us by leaving. You played a very key role in the dynamic of this group... Where are we suppose to find another black guy to join the our shoots?

Good luck to ya Bro. It's too bad we didn't get a chance to do more shooting together, you were always a joy to have around.
Work in a yearly visit in your budget for the get togethers.

And don't go forgetting about us, we were your first home before the TXHTF
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
On the serious side, been good knowing ya.
The knowledge you bring and willingness to share it has been a positive for us.
The couple of times we've met personally I have certainly enjoyed.
AND, I was and am still impressed with the fact that you could do that Ninja, push my USP forward hard and fast enough to cycle the slide and load a round, reload thing you could do at that armorer's class.

He could do this with my .45 USP.

Now, on the not serious side...
If you leave, our racial diversity goes to zero.
Where are we going to find another Canadian?

And back to serious, good luck, keep in touch, and remember update your entry on the IHTF map.

Greg
View Quote

First, I'm no Canadian. hehe

I forgot all about that ninja racking. Wonder if I can find video of me doing that again. Probably throw my shoulder out trying that again. :)

I'm sure another person will find their way into the group. I've had nothing but positive interactions at all shooting and 2a events. I've always felt welcome.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Damn.  Not many people I liked from Iowa and the count is down by one.   What are you doing down there?
View Quote

Still doing the same job but much closer to the clients I support which in turn means less time away from home. That means I get to work out of my home as well which I've always liked. Also my wife got a much better deal at a new location down there so it was an easy decision after that.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm not sure you've fully considered what you're doing to us by leaving. You played a very key role in the dynamic of this group... Where are we suppose to find another black guy to join the our shoots?

Good luck to ya Bro. It's too bad we didn't get a chance to do more shooting together, you were always a joy to have around.
Work in a yearly visit in your budget for the get togethers.

And don't go forgetting about us, we were your first home before the TXHTF
View Quote

Thanks. I do plan to return a few times a year when the budget allows. My family is still in DSM so timing trips around holidays, HTF shoots at Mike's, or training classes with Keith and Rick work out well.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top