Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2014 6:08:41 PM EDT
For several years, I have placed my firearms orders through Guns and More in Grimes(Chris Mcaninch).
I just got an email today from Mcaninch.  He has closed down Guns and More to concentrate on his Handi racker and Sippin whiskey.  Sorry to see him go.  He was always easily to deal with.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been a few times but his inventory was low and he always seemed more caught up with whiskey or other stuff
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I had several good experiences with Chris as well.  I hate to hear that gunsandmore is no more, but wish him well in his change of focus.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#4]
he's a good egg.  i just wrote an article regarding him and a couple other local iowa businesses for the iowa sportsman magazine...  you guys should check them out.  ;)
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:30:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Interesting, what's the niche for the Handi racker -- people with hand strength issues / arthritis?

As for the whiskey, that seems obviously useful ;)
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:52:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting, what's the niche for the Handi racker -- people with hand strength issues / arthritis?

View Quote

Yes, or people who want an easier option if one hand goes down (lots of less obtrusive solutions to that problem IMO)

You also see slide rackers on USPSA limited and open guns.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes, or people who want an easier option if one hand goes down (lots of less obtrusive solutions to that problem IMO)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A good example would be Tom Cruise's one armed character in Valkyrie.  He chambers a round into his PPK by pushing the slide back on a table top

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:30:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A good example would be Tom Cruise's one armed character in Valkyrie.  He chambers a round into his PPK by pushing the slide back on a table top
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm aware of all those, but a huge item that doesn't attach permanently and is just one more thing to carry around strikes me more as a crutch (in the sense of being a item only used when required to overcome a specific disability). Am I missing something? Not that ergonomic aids aren't very useful in some situations to some people.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:50:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

it can help with that, but i find myself using them nonstop to clear jambs and such.  the ability to push down on the bench with all your force or against the 4x6 shooting range beam to clear a live round is without having your hand over the muzzle or near it is invaluable.

ask the poor dude who shot himself training some le up in northern iowa.  from what i understand he'd be in much better shape or not hurt at all if the weapon hadn't fired with his hand covering the muzzle while trying to clear it.

they are darned handy and cost very little...  i wasn't too jacked up about them either until i started using them.  great little tool for your bench or range bag.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

it can help with that, but i find myself using them nonstop to clear jambs and such.  the ability to push down on the bench with all your force or against the 4x6 shooting range beam to clear a live round is without having your hand over the muzzle or near it is invaluable.

ask the poor dude who shot himself training some le up in northern iowa.  from what i understand he'd be in much better shape or not hurt at all if the weapon hadn't fired with his hand covering the muzzle while trying to clear it.

they are darned handy and cost very little...  i wasn't too jacked up about them either until i started using them.  great little tool for your bench or range bag.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes a lot more sense now. Clearing a jam in a safe direction using the edge of a bench, or whatnot, is a pain (though the "safe" part is always worth it no matter how long it takes).
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top