Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 3:16:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
see what's going on here?

hogg's email is working.

instead of us all discussing what the hell kind of self righteous bastard leads his email with "I DECIDED AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SESSION NO GUN BILLS WOULD BE DISCUSSED" we're instead volleying around the branstad thing.  hogg's play you four directions.  he leads with the fact he's a douche, then follows it up with 30 year old support for the governor of the other party.  why do you suppose that is?  because terry is popular currently?  yes.  because it is likely you voted for him?  yes.  because this shifts emphasis away from hogg's douchedom onto the governor running for reelection?  yes.  because all of things waste our time, distract our membership, and detour our progress?  YES...  so you read his email and he's so arrogant as to you tell you that you're a cretin, but you're left with the parting gift of shifting blame, and you walk away pissing and moaning about terry branstad instead of robb 'boss' hogg...  

so let's quit playing into his hand, disregard what happened, who signed it originally, and when, and concentrate on CHANGING THE LAW!

FOCUS on the prize folks.  

here is what we want and we want it in this order:

-suppressor bill
-rob 'boss' hogg's unelection
-new senate

we can't do much about the second two at the moment, but we CAN work on the suppressor bill.  all kinds of things can happen right up until the gavel falls, so we have to continue to call, email, and send letters.  the pressure can't be ignored.  we'll get our bill, or worst case scenario, we'll have a solid platform for electioneering and we'll run these anti gun pukes out of office.

it all starts and ends WITH YOU!  if you don't stay diligent and work relentlessly we won't accomplish our goals.  your work to this point has been nothing short of amazing.  without all you've already done we wouldn't even be having this conversation.  KEEP PUSHING!  we're in the home stretch!

View Quote

Damn, I was just asking out of curiosity!
I wasn't trying to say anything about brandstad.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 5:53:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

My best guess right now is that if anything happens with a bill to legalize silencers, it will come at the very last minute and be the very last thing that is done. Keep putting pressure on your Senators to put pressure on Hogg! Don't quit and don't let them deflect your energy or put you off. If this happens it will be because of that effort on everyone's part.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry if I missed it.   But is the pressure working?  Or just need to wait until the last drop of the gavel ?

Joe

My best guess right now is that if anything happens with a bill to legalize silencers, it will come at the very last minute and be the very last thing that is done. Keep putting pressure on your Senators to put pressure on Hogg! Don't quit and don't let them deflect your energy or put you off. If this happens it will be because of that effort on everyone's part.

Oh I haven't stopped at all. I've passed info onto others to contact them and have placed it on Facebook.

Joe
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
see what's going on here?

hogg's email is working.

instead of us all discussing what the hell kind of self righteous bastard leads his email with "I DECIDED AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SESSION NO GUN BILLS WOULD BE DISCUSSED" we're instead volleying around the branstad thing.  hogg's play you four directions.  he leads with the fact he's a douche, then follows it up with 30 year old support for the governor of the other party.  why do you suppose that is?  because terry is popular currently?  yes.  because it is likely you voted for him?  yes.  because this shifts emphasis away from hogg's douchedom onto the governor running for reelection?  yes.  because all of things waste our time, distract our membership, and detour our progress?  YES...  so you read his email and he's so arrogant as to you tell you that you're a cretin, but you're left with the parting gift of shifting blame, and you walk away pissing and moaning about terry branstad instead of robb 'boss' hogg...  

so let's quit playing into his hand, disregard what happened, who signed it originally, and when, and concentrate on CHANGING THE LAW!

FOCUS on the prize folks.  

here is what we want and we want it in this order:

-suppressor bill
-rob 'boss' hogg's unelection
-new senate

we can't do much about the second two at the moment, but we CAN work on the suppressor bill.  all kinds of things can happen right up until the gavel falls, so we have to continue to call, email, and send letters.  the pressure can't be ignored.  we'll get our bill, or worst case scenario, we'll have a solid platform for electioneering and we'll run these anti gun pukes out of office.

it all starts and ends WITH YOU!  if you don't stay diligent and work relentlessly we won't accomplish our goals.  your work to this point has been nothing short of amazing.  without all you've already done we wouldn't even be having this conversation.  KEEP PUSHING!  we're in the home stretch!

i know.  i was throwing that out there for everyone to consider.  that's what hogg is doing - he's spinning us...
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:31:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Just so you know guys, the new poster "JohnReed" is our IFC board chairman and one of our top lobbyists up at the capitol.  He's far more shrewd and plugged in that i'll ever be, so when he posts up something, it is incumbent on you to read it!

THANKS!
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:59:48 AM EDT
[#5]
in case you guys didn't get to read this, you'd better.  this is some of the best information i've seen in a long time and really helps put things into perspective.  from IFC:

A Little Straight Talk

Dear Members,

"Anti-gun" is a term that gets thrown around a lot these days. The Iowa House leadership is supposedly anti-gun. The Iowa Senate leadership is supposedly anti-gun. All but maybe 3 or 4 members of the entire Iowa General Assembly are supposedly anti-gun. Heck, most every pro-gun group in the state is supposedly anti-gun! Whoa! We know that's not the case. So what's really going on? What's the truth?

It's a matter of style applied to goals. IFC has worked diligently with Second Amendment advocates, including the NRA, to always insist that the ball move forward, down the field, and never backward. However, our playbook contains many different plays. Some are designed to get a first-and-ten, some are designed to get a field goal, and some go for the touchdown. In this manner, never moving backward, we strive to win the game: full restoration of your firearms rights. We don't believe we can have just one play--the Hail Mary pass--in our playbook!

Under the current House leadership, Iowans have seen your RKBA Amendment to the Iowa Constitution pass through the House. Your Stand Your Ground bill passed through the House. Your Privacy of Records and NIAA Compliance (rights restoration for some mental issues) passed through the House. And now your Legalize Silencers for Iowans bill has passed through the House with an overwhelming bipartisan majority. Are these the actions of anti-gun politicians and organizations?

It’s true that all those bills but the NIAA died in the Senate, but only at the solitary hand of Senator Rob Hogg, Chairman of the Judiciary Committee. Senator Hogg has not passed a single gun bill through his committee since being designated chairman and he has stated that he will not pass any gun bills as long as he remains chairman. However, the legwork has been done to know that with respect to the silencer bill, the members of the Senate Democrat Caucus would vote 20-to-6, along with all Republicans, to pass the bill--but only if it were to get past Senator Hogg and be brought to the floor for vote by the full Senate.

So, what does all this mean, really? IFC and the NRA have spent the last several years creating positive relationships with the members and leadership in both chambers. We know that the any gun bill that gets passed in the House will not move through the Senate Judiciary Committee so long as Senator Hogg chairs that committee. We know that the House is willing to pass good bills, but this knowledge is tempered by the fact that Senator Hogg will kill them. And we know the only way to pass firearms related bills through both chambers is for one of the following things to happen: Majority Leader Gronstal must be convinced to change the leadership of the Senate Judiciary Committee; Senator Gronstal must join with the willing House leadership to create a leadership bill for legalizing suppressors, or barring all that, the citizens of Iowa will need to make changes the make-up of the Senate.

One thing is certain: Your Iowa Firearms Coalition and National Rifle Association are there in Des Moines, at the Capitol, working tirelessly with members of both chambers to restore your firearms rights. Furthermore, and most importantly, IFC and the NRA have the most motivated, involved, and active membership in Iowa. When we need you to respond, you respond. You have been very influential with your calls and emails, and it gives us great confidence to know that we can count on you because you have never let us down.

Our most sincere thanks go to our memberships for making IFC and the NRA the two most influential groups restoring firearms rights to the citizens of Iowa!

Fighting for your Second Amendment rights in Iowa,
Iowa Firearms Coalition
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#6]
How much to bribe Gronstal to kick Hogg to the curb.  That seems to be really the only option at its point.  Hogg will never pass the bill, let alone bring it to committee.
Just how much NRA support are we receiving?  I am sure they have some tough lobbyists.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 11:18:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just so you know guys, the new poster "JohnReed" is our IFC board chairman and one of our top lobbyists up at the capitol.  He's far more shrewd and plugged in that i'll ever be, so when he posts up something, it is incumbent on you to read it!

THANKS!
View Quote

Welcome John! You've got a solid following here, we're ready to do what we can to help restore/expand our rights.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How much to bribe Gronstal to kick Hogg to the curb.  That seems to be really the only option at its point.  Hogg will never pass the bill, let alone bring it to committee.
Just how much NRA support are we receiving?  I am sure they have some tough lobbyists.
View Quote

Can't (won't) try to bribe anyone, sorry. There are no 'committee' paths to work on from here on out. The only way forward is directly to the floor in each chamber. NRA Support? Fantastic. We work side by side and, yes, she's tough! And sharp too! This isn't over until the gavel falls, but it will be Hogg standing down from his hard line position that will accomplish this. Pressure from his caucus and leadership will provide that pressure. Pressure from all of us applied to his caucus and leadership will keep them working on Hogg. Keep it going until the very end. This bill could pass in about 30 minutes through both chambers if they chose to do it, perhaps less!
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Welcome John! You've got a solid following here, we're ready to do what we can to help restore/expand our rights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THANKS!

Thanks for the welcome! I'll sure feel better when I get a post count out of single digits!!! LOL. I haven't looked at numbers like I have here for a long time.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Originaly Posted By JohnReed:

Can't (won't) try to bribe anyone, sorry. There are no 'committee' paths to work on from here on out. The only way forward is directly to the floor in each chamber. NRA Support? Fantastic. We work side by side and, yes, she's tough! And sharp too! This isn't over until the gavel falls, but it will be Hogg standing down from his hard line position that will accomplish this. Pressure from his caucus and leadership will provide that pressure. Pressure from all of us applied to his caucus and leadership will keep them working on Hogg. Keep it going until the very end. This bill could pass in about 30 minutes through both chambers if they chose to do it, perhaps less!
View All Quotes
Originaly Posted By JohnReed:
Quoted:

Have you talked to Gronstal ? What is he telling you? I take it he cant be very much in support or this would be passed.

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, have talked to him several times. He has stated unequivocal support for the bill, has argued in his caucus in favor of the bill, and has 'discussed' the idea of standing down from his position with Sen. Hogg. I  believe Sen. Gronstal. Some don't and won't.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes, have talked to him several times. He has stated unequivocal support for the bill, has argued in his caucus in favor of the bill, and has 'discussed' the idea of standing down from his position with Sen. Hogg. I  believe Sen. Gronstal. Some don't and won't.
View Quote

Who can bring this right to the floor for a vote?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Senator Robert Hogg (Democrat  SD-33)
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 2:09:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dont know how it all works but I figured the majority leader could if Hogg is the only one that can then we are screwed
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Sent the following to Gronstal:

Hello Senator Gronstal,

Please, don't be the guy that tells us we can't own the same things that our neighbors in 39 states can.

We are writing to ask you to bypass Senator Hogg and resurrect the suppressor bill.

Second Amendment issues are important to us.  While we are not party line voters or party line contributors, the Senate's repeated blocking of 2A legislation that is well supported in the House during this and last year is such that we are beginning to consider the fact of a Democratic majority to be the problem.

We understand that it is unlikely you will override Senator Hogg's decision.  However, we also ask you to understand that our efforts this summer as  voters, volunteers, and contributors will be directed to help change the makeup of the Senate if 2A issues that are paramount to us continue to be ignored by the Democratic party.

Once again, we are not normally party line voters.

We have a great deal of respect for you because of how you have lead the Senate in the past and appreciate what you have done for firearms legislation beginning in 2010.  However, our support for individual Democrats ends when the overall party as a majority begins abandoning the issue that determines our votes.

Respectfully,
(yammer and mrs. yammer)
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course that was a joke. But this is the problem when the power all rides in the hands of one person.  Especially one who obviously has no respect for our rights or the 2A
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#17]
The letter in the above post is good.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I hope many, many of you will feel free to use all or parts of it to send your own.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Hello Senator Gronstal,

Please, don't be the guy that tells us we can't own the same things that our neighbors in 39 states can.

We are writing to ask you to bypass Senator Hogg and resurrect the suppressor bill.

Second Amendment issues are important to us.  While we are not party line voters or party line contributors, the Senate's repeated blocking of 2A legislation that is well supported in the House during this and last year is such that we are beginning to consider the fact of a Democratic majority to be the problem.

We understand that it is unlikely you will override Senator Hogg's decision.  However, we also ask you to understand that our efforts this summer as  voters, volunteers, and contributors will be directed to help change the makeup of the Senate if 2A issues that are paramount to us continue to be ignored by the Democratic party.

We have a great deal of respect for you because of how you have lead the Senate in the past and appreciate what you have done for firearms legislation beginning in 2010.  However, our support for individual Democrats ends when the overall party as a majority begins abandoning the issue that determines our votes.

Respectfully,
(yammer and mrs. yammer)
View Quote

This is excellent! Respectful, acknowledges Gronstal has done good things in the past, and makes a strong 'ask' that is compelling. Nicely done!
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This is excellent! Respectful, acknowledges Gronstal has done good things in the past, and makes a strong 'ask' that is compelling. Nicely done!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hello Senator Gronstal,

Respectfully,
(yammer and mrs. yammer)

no kidding.

this is how we win.  our people stay involved and focused.  

you guys have pushed and pushed and pushed.  your commitment to this cause is the reason we go as far as we do.  take a look at other states fighting to protect and regain their rights and you'll see them less organized with less push and focus.  

keep the letters, emails, calls, and most of all PERSONAL VISITS coming.  we're in the home stretch and need every one of you!
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 8:08:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Just hit the IFC link again, and sent a copy of the YammerSchooner letter to all Senate leaders. Thanks for sharing, "personalized" letters like these show real support.

There's no doubt they're getting a strong showing of support of HF2381. Keep the pressure up fellas!
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I enjoyed Michael's article about suppressors in the may issue of Iowa Sportsman.  

In typical " I'm smarter than you cause I werk fer the gubment" fashion the ligh bulb quickly dimmed...
View Quote
Nail on head That sounds just like the DNR
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I enjoyed Michael's article about suppressors in the may issue of Iowa Sportsman.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

In typical " I'm smarter than you cause I werk fer the gubment" fashion the ligh bulb quickly dimmed...

i always wonder how many people read those and i never can tell who is and isn't reading...  lol.  i think i give patrick (owner/publisher) some heartburn from time to time, but he doesn't edit out my snarkiness...

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:16:05 AM EDT
[#24]
looking for movement on suppressors soon!  i don't know when but i think the end of the session is near so things will be coming around pretty quickly!
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

i always wonder how many people read those and i never can tell who is and isn't reading...  lol.  i think i give patrick (owner/publisher) some heartburn from time to time, but he doesn't edit out my snarkiness...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope that opened up some fudds to the idea of how this could benefit everyone not just us gun nuts shooting enthusiasts
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:04:46 AM EDT
[#26]
btt...still contacting reps...
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:27:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
btt...still contacting reps...
View Quote

Thanks for the bump Stewie! I logged on to do the same thing. This year's session is tentatively scheduled to end April 22nd. That's 1 week and 1 day from now. There isn't much time left. Let's not slink silently into oblivion with our tails between our legs on this one.

ETA: Link to IFC Letter to YOUR legislators
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:51:15 AM EDT
[#28]
NRA and IFC are up at the capitol building today working on this!  PUSH, PUSH, PUSH!
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:12:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Hit it up again!  Passed along to the gun guys in the office as well

I also emailed Gronstal

Thanks Yammerschooner for the wording!
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:40:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Just got this and I find what he is saying about the governors support interesting

Dear Redneck

You are correct, at this point the only way this bill could be brought to the floor would be by leadership. The biggest problem for this bill is that our current Governor outlawed suppressors in or around 1989. He has, to this date, shown no indication of support to change his stance. If he would come out in support this bill may have a chance. My opinion is still there will be no gun bills passed out of the Senate this year.

Senator Rich Taylor    
View Quote

Also from my Rep

Redneck, The bill was passed out of the House and now is in the Senate and so far are notin support of the bill.  It would do little good to start it all over  again if the Senate continues to resist.  I will talk to leadership for other alternatives.

DEH  
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:25:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Brandstad is to busy defending himself during all these scandals to worry about suppressors.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:19:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Brandstad is to busy defending himself during all these scandals to worry about suppressors.
View Quote

If only our other dear leader were of the same mindset, we wouldn't have to waste time and effort on his occasional "ban guns' propaganda drives. Scandals are sliding off him than even faster than slick willy.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:38:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

i'm not sure what that means.  can you expand on this or are you just saying stupid shit that derails our focus for fun?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:53:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

i'm not sure what that means.  can you expand on this or are you just saying stupid shit that derails our focus for fun?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has Brandstad came out publicly in support of suppressor bill passing? If not then why?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:59:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's probably talking about the "pay off employees when laid off" thing or the "fired trooper / branstad's driver speeding" things. I can't really tell if there is anything to them, or if they are manufactured smear campaigns.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

He's probably talking about the "pay off employees when laid off" thing or the "fired trooper / branstad's driver speeding" things. I can't really tell if there is anything to them, or if they are manufactured smear campaigns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes this^  I'm not trying to derail just stating the fact that he is facing one hell of a smear campaign.  He may very well support our cause, but you have to admit with all that going on it has to be taking up a lot of his time and focus.  I already knew I'm to stupid and beneath the rest of you, but thanks for making sure I know it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:34:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Lefty, honestly if you think you're too stupid and beneath the rest of the others then I feel downright like an imbecile!  Don't sweat the petty things...just pet the sweaty things! (.)(.)
View Quote

LOL...that will teach me about reading posts on arfcom as soon as I get home from work.  I usually just type my replies in here quick without a lot of extra thought.  I can see why I may have seemed like a negative nancy in my post about Brandstad, but I promise you that is not the case.  I've been in full support of this and done what I can within my limited power to help.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:32:08 AM EDT
[#39]
In an attempt to get this back on a productive track, here's the text of an email I just sent Sen. Gronstal and the rest of the leadership. The clock is ticking. Please keep up the good work guys!

Senator Gronstal-

As this year’s session nears its end I’d like to ask you to include HF2381 (the suppressor bill) in any potential leadership bill you may be working on.

By this point I’m sure you’ve heard all the facts related to this bill (legal in 39 states, 0.00 gun crime rate associated with suppressor owners, shooting sports/activities become safer/more enjoyable), and I’m sure you’ve seen the broad bipartisan backing this bill received in the House (83-16 passage). I’m also willing to bet you’ve heard how Sen. Rob Hogg’s Senate Judiciary Committee allowed this piece of potential legislation to die without so much as a single subcommittee meeting.

This is the crux of why I’m writing you today. I’m a responsible gun owning Iowan. I want to see my right to own a suppressor restored. There are many, many others like myself. We talk regularly and we’ve identified enough to votes in the senate to pass HF2381 with ease. This includes a large number Democrats as well as Republicans. This bill has extremely broad support from both sides of the aisle, at this point it’s a non-partisan issue, and yet it doesn’t stand a chance because the inaction of a few game playing legislators in key positions.

Senator, the people want to see this bill signed into law. It’s a good piece of legislation. The votes are there. Please continue working to serve the citizens of Iowa and please include HF2381 in your leadership bill.

Respectfully-

caesAR15
[address]
{phone number]
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:05:54 AM EDT
[#40]
thanks!!!

also, yes, as has been written here many times, branstad is ready and willing to sign this legislation.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
thanks!!!

also, yes, as has been written here many times, branstad is ready and willing to sign this legislation.
View Quote

Maybe he should state that publicly and take that ammo away from some of the dems
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:50:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Maybe he should state that publicly and take that ammo away from some of the dems
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
thanks!!!

it won't matter what he says.  he could sign a law giving $100 bills to babies upon birth just for fun and they'd still berate him.  the d's are scared and they're pulling all the stops to make any R, especially him, look bad.

no more, no less.

now back to the topic of legalizing cans!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Just hang in there. We're still working on legalizing suppressors. Can't say anything specific right now. Just don't give up.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Just hang in there. We're still working on legalizing suppressors. Can't say anything specific right now. Just don't give up.
View Quote

Thanks keep us updated
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:19:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Wanted to say thanks for the updates and also to those of you working hard on this.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:57:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Wanted to say thanks for the updates and also to those of you working hard on this.
View Quote

THANK YOU!

these kinds of efforts ONLY work when we're all ENGAGED.  the continued push you guys are making are the reason this is continuing to be discussed and worked on.  without your work, nobody else can do theirs...
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:09:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Clock is ticking on this.

Bump.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Wanted to ask is there anything more we can be doing short of contacting our reps?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Wanted to ask is there anything more we can be doing short of contacting our reps?
View Quote

I'm just a guy so I don't know if this is right wrong or somewhere in between, but I've been contacting both my Rep and Senator, as well as the leadership of both houses. I figure this way my local legislators are aware of my wishes, as well as the leaders of both parties in both houses - since these guys are the ones involved in the creation of a leadership bill.

Other than that, I've been trying to educate co-workers, family members, and others in my 'sphere of influence.' Take that for what it's worth... if anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears.

Leadership:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Page / 14
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top