BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Page / 14
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 3:21:41 PM EDT
[#1]
The republican put in things like the patriot act and other just in case types of legislation.  When the democrats get in to power the abuse the shit out of that legislation to usurp our freedoms and to gain more power and controlled over us. The Republicans need to stop with the just in case of terrorists we can bypass the constitution shit.  The democrats need to all move to China since that is their ideal form of govt.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The republican put in things like the patriot act and other just in case types of legislation.  When the democrats get in to power the abuse the shit out of that legislation to usurp our freedoms and to gain more power and controlled over us. The Republicans need to stop with the just in case of terrorists we can bypass the constitution shit.  The democrats need to all move to China since that is their ideal form of govt.
View Quote

Actually,"both" parties are all about a huge central federal government and more control over our lives.Each administration outdoes the previous one in spending,laws,expanding gov,etc...

Remember when the democrats were upset over the Patriot Act (and rightfully so IMO)?When they took over,did they get rid of it?Nope,expanded it.

We live in an Oligarchy.

I will help this election cycle like I have in the past,but I will not blindly support a candidate simply because of the R after their name.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Actually,"both" parties are all about a huge central federal government and more control over our lives.Each administration outdoes the previous one in spending,laws,expanding gov,etc...

Remember when the democrats were upset over the Patriot Act (and rightfully so IMO)?When they took over,did they get rid of it?Nope,expanded it.

We live in an Oligarchy.

I will help this election cycle like I have in the past,but I will not blindly support a candidate simply because of the R after their name.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We live in an Oligarchy.

Good, let us work together.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

We live in an Oligarchy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We live in an Oligarchy.

I agree 100%
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 4:24:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Who says you have to volunteer in your own district?

Mine is a lost cause, so my plan is to help out in an area where the numbers are closer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
less squabble.  more focus.

i have a question.  how many are up for volunteering in election work?  

if so why?  if not, why?

In the past yes, currently no as this is a new district for me. With that said I just need to get plugged in to the new district.

Who says you have to volunteer in your own district?

Mine is a lost cause, so my plan is to help out in an area where the numbers are closer.

There is nothing saying I have to be involved in my district. However I feel that is where the greatest impact to my family is and thus deserves most of my attention. I could be involved in another district but I also have to balance all things in my life; family, school, work, hobbies.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 5:10:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is nothing saying I have to be involved in my district. However I feel that is where the greatest impact to my family is and thus deserves most of my attention. I could be involved in another district but I also have to balance all things in my life; family, school, work, hobbies.
View Quote

that can be the case in some circumstances and in others no...  it depends on each election and the people running coupled with the balances within the district.  you can work your butt off in mike gronstal's district for the opposite candidate and fight a guy holding the purse strings to literally millions of dollars when most campaigns in the state are done well under $50K, OR you can focus the effort on targeted districts where Ds are weak candidates.

if you're volunteering that is key of course.  IFC and NRA are coming out with a list of districts that will get special attention.  mine, here in jasper county and eastern polk county is one of them.  the 32 year D senator, dennis black, is retiring, and 'chaz' allen, the D running is a total ass kisser and big party pleaser.  he'll vote party line every time.  the R candidates are pretty darned good, and with recent redistricting the balance of registered voters is about 50/50...  so that seat having been held tight for 32 years can flip our way since they are two new folks to choose from.  that is an example of the opportunity we'd like to capitalize on...

i'm not suggesting folks don't get involved in their local races.  that is huge and necessary, but there are also places where we'll need volunteer help that can literally snag us the seats we need and are far more likely to come to fruition than some others.  food for thought.

Link Posted: 5/8/2014 5:14:02 AM EDT
[#7]
i asked the question about volunteering as i was a little hesitant myself to get involved not that long ago.  i wasn't sure how to do it, what it would be like, what the expectations were, etc.

i figured some of the other folks out here were wondering the same thing, so i wanted to ask.  there's no shame in saying, "i would like to but i don't know much at all about it" as we can help you get plugged in.  most of the time i noticed people coming in pairs...  they were 'new' to it, so they'd go and volunteer with a buddy.  ...kind of like when women go to the bathroom at concerts in pairs, only not the same...  lol.

just curious if some were willing to help, but didn't know how.  if you are or would like to talk about it, give me a holler and i'll share my experiences so you'll have a better idea what goes on...

-michael
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I was out this last Saturday, doing the program that we're going to use this fall, for a local primary race. I wanted to get freshened up on the procedure since it's been a while since i worked it. Folks it's dead flat easy! The hardest part is, when the people realized you don't intend to ask them a bunch of stupid questions, they want to talk to you. I was thanked for coming by several times and almost always got some type of encouragement from the person.

The purpose in doing this at all is to flip the Senate so that we can be assured that there will be a new Judiciary Chairman AND that our bills will get a fair hearing. The only path forward for us to do this that has a high probability of success is the targeted district push to beat Democrats and put Republicans in those seats. The Senate is split right now at 26 Democrats to 23 Republicans. Theoretically, flipping only two seats while holding all the current Republican Senate seats would do the bill. However, it would be foolish for us to play it that close to the wire. So, we're looking at where we need to go to get the greatest chance for success while also looking at Senate Republican seats that need to be protected. It involves a lot of research into past races and registration numbers. This work is being done right now so we know which districts we need to work in.

The program only calls on the Republican or Undeclared voters. It's not just random, down the street, talk to whoever will answer the door, door knocking.You will have a listing of the houses you will stop at that has been sorted for you and will only have the 'friendly' houses marked!  It's not carrying a clipboard with a long list of questions (that no one wants to answer). There is a short script that is provided, but after reading it through, you will adapt it to the way you are comfortable saying it. No problem, just don't get into trying to convince anyone of anything. All we want to do is to get them to promise to vote and hand them an application for an absentee ballot. That's it! And, if they want to fill out the application and give it back to you right then, take it and turn it back in. Those have to be handed to the courthouse in the district within 36 hours. This couldn't be easier and literally anyone can do it.

Stick with us on this and be prepared to volunteer when the word goes out asking for volunteers!
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was out this last Saturday, doing the program that we're going to use this fall, for a local primary race. I wanted to get freshened up on the procedure since it's been a while since i worked it. Folks it's dead flat easy! The hardest part is, when the people realized you don't intend to ask them a bunch of stupid questions, they want to talk to you. I was thanked for coming by several times and almost always got some type of encouragement from the person.

The purpose in doing this at all is to flip the Senate so that we can be assured that there will be a new Judiciary Chairman AND that our bills will get a fair hearing. The only path forward for us to do this that has a high probability of success is the targeted district push to beat Democrats and put Republicans in those seats. The Senate is split right now at 26 Democrats to 23 Republicans. Theoretically, flipping only two seats while holding all the current Republican Senate seats would do the bill. However, it would be foolish for us to play it that close to the wire. So, we're looking at where we need to go to get the greatest chance for success while also looking at Senate Republican seats that need to be protected. It involves a lot of research into past races and registration numbers. This work is being done right now so we know which districts we need to work in.

The program only calls on the Republican or Undeclared voters. It's not just random, down the street, talk to whoever will answer the door, door knocking.You will have a listing of the houses you will stop at that has been sorted for you and will only have the 'friendly' houses marked!  It's not carrying a clipboard with a long list of questions (that no one wants to answer). There is a short script that is provided, but after reading it through, you will adapt it to the way you are comfortable saying it. No problem, just don't get into trying to convince anyone of anything. All we want to do is to get them to promise to vote and hand them an application for an absentee ballot. That's it! And, if they want to fill out the application and give it back to you right then, take it and turn it back in. Those have to be handed to the courthouse in the district within 36 hours. This couldn't be easier and literally anyone can do it.

Stick with us on this and be prepared to volunteer when the word goes out asking for volunteers!
View Quote

Sounds kind of like what I did (but better and easier), for the Senate Disctrict 31 elections a couple years ago.

Please please please let that be one of the targeted districts (the anti-liberty, lying, self-righteous, party-line-puppet, faux-populist there needs to be kicked out as fast as she got in)
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

is there a copy of the script i can check out?
Page / 14
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top