BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Really tempted to sell everything in my stash then when this all blows over buy 3x as much

Hmmm... I wonder what 10 beat-to-hell but completely functional, 30 round, GI mags might bring?
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 7:30:24 PM EDT
[#2]
What are AKs going for?
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really tempted to sell everything in my stash then when this all blows over buy 3x as much

Hmmm... I wonder what 10 beat-to-hell but completely functional, 30 round, GI mags might bring?

I'll let you wear my stetson for an hour. So for 10 mags you can feel like a non-pogue for a bit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Only if I can wear the pastel spurs and assless chaps too.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 3:42:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What are AKs going for?

Really depends on what type.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 3:44:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought ammo at a decent price. but they raise I prices on all guns only found a mossber 464 lever gun for $400. but the pmag prices where stupid and like others said everyone was buying ARs especially clueless ones.

I saw a DPMS sport (ugly ass gun) for $800

I did buy some KCI mags G 19 from CDNN yesterday! might as well stock up before the ban
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 5:11:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, the gunshow was pretty retarded at best. The p-mags some chump had marked at $48/each...yeah right. Sieh Guns has a line wrapped almost all the way around his table for forms. There was a few AK's - some guy in the front room had a Polytech spiker for $1800, but most were pretty junky. It was pretty shameful in regards to price gouging on mags and such. And yes, there were A LOT of panic buying retards with no clue just buying shit up. Sieh Guns was the only one that was fairly respectable on prices. Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 12:25:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think it's going to blow over.  I hope I am wrong but I do not think it will.  I belive there will be a ban and it won't be cosmetic like 84.

84?

Sorry I ment 94.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm one of those retards who paid to much for a Colt LE6920 today. There Ain't squat to be found in central Iowa. But I am financially better off than most people . So I didn't quibble about the price. With this current Administration. I would be very worried about whats coming up. I don't think Our reps in congress and the senate well be voting for us .
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Standard Milsurp 30 round mags - $45
Standard Colt AR with MOE furniture - $2600
Stripped RRA Lowers - $350
Complete Lowers - $500

The prices are insane but worse that people are buying the stuff.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:55:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think it's going to blow over.  I hope I am wrong but I do not think it will.  I belive there will be a ban and it won't be cosmetic like 84.

84?

Sorry I ment 94.

ment?

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 5:11:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

84?

Sorry I ment 94.

ment?  

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
"Forget it,he's rolling"
-Animal House
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:37:29 AM EDT
[#13]
KKMC - No offense intended with the retard comment.. Lol. . It was pretty much obscene with the prices. It was hard to take in the level of craziness and first time panic buyers scrambling to grab everything they could.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Complete Lowers - $500

Are you serious!?!

I should have brought my AR's and a For Sale sign.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Complete Lowers - $500

Yeah I saw that and walked away laughing. I have no problem with supply and demand, but that just seems like people trying to take advantage of customers. I walked past that booth down to the end, saw a cmmg lower with a parts kit installed for $235.......I know that is more than it could be had for, but it's not terrible for a small gun shop/business mark up. I figured that this guy deserved my business, so I grabbed it before any of the other Heathens walking around saw it.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Seeing those prices just pissed me off, I agree with supply and demand too but this is just getting crazy.  $300 to $350 for a BCG now too.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:42:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Seeing those prices just pissed me off, I agree with supply and demand too but this is just getting crazy.  $300 to $350 for a BCG now too.

I don't walk around a Cadillac dealership getting pissed off at the prices.  Don't like it, don't pay it.  Pretty simple stuff really.  I see no reason to get worked up about it.  Piss poor planning and all that.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:20:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't understand all the grumbling about the prices and such.
People wait till shit goes sideways on them and then decide
it's time to get in the game and THEN decide to bitch about
being late.

Not like this just fucking came out of the blue people.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm really, really effing glad I didn't have to work the show this weekend. Instead of going to the show, I helped the normal guys at the store on Saturday. I was supposed to drive to Altoona Sunday morning, but the boss called Saturday and said he wasn't going to need me because he didn't have anything left to sell Sunday.

They sold a 6920 at the show for something like $2500. From what I hear, they were priced between that and $3000. The guy that bought it asked the boss if it was worth $2500. He said no, and the guy still bought it.

Say what you want about the prices, but none of the dealers would have been charging what they were if people weren't paying it. If someone is waving $15 in your face for a pmag and someone else is waving $60 for the same pmag, who are you going to sell to?

I fielded a lot of calls at the store over the weekend from people looking for ARs, mags, or ammo. The funniest one went like this

Guy: Do you have any BX-25 mags?
Me: Nope, all sold out.
Guy: Any Glock 19 mags?
Me: We're cleaned out of Glock mags.
Guy: Every place I've called has been out. Is something going on?

I died a little inside
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:24:10 PM EDT
[#20]
My bitch is that in 2008-2009 I had finally just gotten to a place where I could "justify" dropping the cash on a rifle when the panic hit and to get one I had to pay more and wait WAY too long.
Now, I did not pay TOO much more, I was comfortable with the extra I paid, but it would have been nice to have not paid any extra.
And not had to wait.
So it wasn't a matter of waiting until shit went sideways, it was just that shit went said ways when I was able to proceed.
Just like the night of September 11, 2001 when I had less than 1/8th of a tank of gas and had to wait in line for over an hour while all the shitheads filled every container they could find in the grass out behind the barn.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:40:50 AM EDT
[#21]
We have had lots of folks in the store looking for rifles.  The election was 30 days ago and that wasn't enough to get them to buy.  Someone elected Mr. O 4 years ago and that was not enough to get them buying.  Suddenly they want to buy and are upset we don't have anything in the store to show them and they act like it's our fault.  It's hard to have sympathy for them.  Also, I just cannot get all the panic.  I wonder how many of those buyers voted for Mr. O?  They got what they deserved.  Unfortunately again, they dumped their liberal garbage on our door step.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 6:17:32 AM EDT
[#22]
The Gander Mtn. by me said they have sold out of AR's the same day they get their shipment of 15-20 of them within a few hours. No mags left.

The did have a few Glock 17 mags on the shelf.... for $50. I bought up a few more mags from Brownells and that's all the "panic" buying I've been doing.... Although, I did panic when I found out the Seekins 'enhanced' bolt release doesn't fit inside the cut-out on my AA side-charging upper :( Going to have to pull it out and have it machined down.... Really want that lower w/ my 6.5 upper.

And I may or may not 'panic' buy an M1A
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:00:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
gun show was ridiculous. $300 stripped lowers, $35 pmags, and about a million people trying to get Ar15s who know nothing about them.  All the fudd tables looked pretty pissed off they weren't getting ANY attention lol. Guy at the big booth towards the stage said he sold 15 ARs before the doors even opened. He was one of the only ones who didn't raise his prices that I could see. His booth had about 5 people sitting and filling out 4473's at time for the first hour. God I hope this shit blows over so I can laugh at all the people with $80 ebay p

ALSO F SNOW!

watched ONE pmag go for over a $100 on egay
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Iowa
Top Top