Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2014 11:19:53 AM EDT
Heading to your fine state thur, we have a couple spots located between Winner and Murdo that we can set up on. Anyone in the area with an idea how the dog numbers are this year?
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#1]
We have hunted the area from Okcreek and Wood north to the interstate for over 20 years.  .  Our long time guide told us not to come as the Prairie Dogs in that area were hit with the plague and poisoning by the tribe.  The numbers of PDogs have dropped by over 80% and it's hard to find any areas that have a decent amout of dogs.   Two of our group decided to go anyways and are there right now and will be back next weekend.  I'll let you know how they do.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I know last yr was a rough season, was hoping for some bounceback this yr. Either way we're loaded and going, I'll report our finds.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#3]
This year there are some pups running around, more as you go west.  My normal spots around Midland and Belvidere were about what I expected, I did find a new spot out by Creighton that would be easier to access if you were a bush pilot that was awesome to say the least.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Well the rain moved in lastnight and continued into this morning so we packed up and came home. Lots of pups, shooting was very good. Numbers are down from years past but all in all very happy with the shooting we had.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top