Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2013 7:37:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#1]
How big is it?  Didn't see range length on their website.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 1:25:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hooray. it about time! Rapid has a new indoor range.
Here are some cool pics of it's construction, etc

http://smokinggunsd.com/index.php/range-photos-2?view=gallery
View Quote

Awesome, thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 10:40:21 PM EDT
[#3]
The range at GGS wasn't that nice even back in its hey day.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 1:30:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 12:05:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Stuck my head in there a couple days ago.

It is 30 yards.

Seems like a decent bunch of guys to me.  I'll be interested to see how it all comes together once they get everything running 100%
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Hell, even Brookings is getting an indoor pistol range.  Adventure Center

Going to be sweet. Going to be a range officer there, so stop in and shoot. Don't know when it will be open yet.

Jon
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hell, even Brookings is getting an indoor pistol range.  Adventure Center

Going to be sweet. Going to be a range officer there, so stop in and shoot. Don't know when it will be open yet.

Jon
View Quote

That is awesome!
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 12:55:26 AM EDT
[#8]
We stopped in today, just to check it out, after reading about it here. We'll go shoot there next week.

Looked like a nice place.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Took my boy there a couple of weeks back.  He's only eight.
Folks there were very friendly and helpful as I was trying to find a 22 pistol

that fits his hands.  They let us shoot a few different models to see what would work for him.
If I remember correctly the range was 30 meters with programmable target holders that you could set to any range by punching in a keypad.

The holders are also lit by LEDs so that helps my old eyes too.
Its a nice place and I hope they make a go of it.  I'll always prefer to shoot outdoors.  

But days like today when it's -15 below, an indoor range sounds pretty good.

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 10:12:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Talked with the owner, sounds like they have League on Weds and IDPA every other Fri. Good to see this starting up.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 8:41:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Went there last weekend.
Nice range. Helpful, courteous staff. Range is 30yds with electronic programmable target holders.
Can shoot up to 300 Win Mag. But I don't know how much fun shooting 300 would be indoors.
Overall, one of the better indoor ranges I've been to. Will be back for sure!

Link Posted: 2/25/2014 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Went there last weekend.

Nice range. Helpful, courteous staff. Range is 30yds with electronic programmable target holders.

Can shoot up to 300 Win Mag. But I don't know how much fun shooting 300 would be indoors.

View Quote

Can the target holders be rotated and set on a timer for reactive shooting or are they the regular back and forth type target holders?  Next time Im out that way Ill have to check it out.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 10:23:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Can the target holders be rotated and set on a timer for reactive shooting or are they the regular back and forth type target holders?  Next time Im out that way Ill have to check it out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Went there last weekend.

I'm pretty sure they are regular back and forth. Didn't see the timed rotation feature on the screen

Link Posted: 3/3/2014 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Talked with the owner, sounds like they have League on Weds and IDPA every other Fri. Good to see this starting up.
View Quote

What do they do for the Wednesday  league matches?
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 11:05:11 PM EDT
[#15]
The target system has programable timed turners. They didn't seem to spare any expense when it came to the target system there.

Wednesday nights they run a bullseye league.

Every other Friday night is USPSA style run-n-gun action.

--Bruce
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top