Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2017 5:52:12 PM EDT
I know this has been covered numerous times and I've read through all of the threads, I just REALLY want to make sure I don't screw anything up and end up in legal hot water.  

I purchased a bunch of stripped lowers from Cabelas prior to the election and am just now getting around to building a few of them out. I would like to build one into a pistol - and wanted to make certain I can still build out one of the lowers that I purchased and then transfer it to myself as the "seller" and the "buyer". My plan would be to build out the lower with a pistol buffer tube, figure out which upper I want to put on it, fill out the RI-60 with me as the "seller" and the "buyer", and send my copies in to my local P.D. Am I screwing up anything in this plan???? anything I should do differently??

The build will be the lower with a pistol buffer and a brace with an upper with a 10.3" barrel or so. It should keep me well under 26" (i think).

Tell me where I'm screwing up guys!!!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds about right to me assuming you have a cpl.  Otherwise get the purchase permit before you take possession of the upper.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have a CPL then you're doing everything right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top