Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2017 4:13:59 PM EDT
My garage is too small. I need it knocked down and a larger 24' W x 32' D garage erected. Concrete underneath is no good and everything needs to be replaced.

Downriver Detroit area.

Had two estimates already,  one was 50% higher than I expected,  the other about 15% higher.

Who do you guys recommend to do solid work?  
Also,  I'm willing to do the demo and might be down to frame it myself if I can save a significant amount.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be also interested to hear references too.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Had great experience with AB Cement in Riverview, the builder i work with uses him on all his jobs -  Anthony's crew does great work and they are usually among the least expensive options.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:53:53 AM EDT
[#3]
We have Olson's doing some concrete work now.

Had a hiccup with the city inspector, but other than that, it's going well so far.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#4]
How about sidewalk repair Downriver? Olson, out of Taylor and who was doing a driveway across the street a few weeks ago, quoted me $1500 to replace 2 squares. I laughed and walked away.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about sidewalk repair Downriver? Olson, out of Taylor and who was doing a driveway across the street a few weeks ago, quoted me $1500 to replace 2 squares. I laughed and walked away.
View Quote
That's who quoted me almost $40k for the garage.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ouch!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
He must think his cement is full of diamonds or something like that. Does code where you're at allow for steel buildings? That's what I was going to do until a neighbor told me he'd help me just reside my garage on the cheap. I forget what's it's called be he had a hookup on some kind of new siding stuff they're making now, it turned out pretty nice:

Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Two weeks ago we build a 24x24 garage in Trenton, AB Cement excavated and poured the footer, laid and filled block, poured a patio, poured a driveway + apron, and repaired 5 sidewalk blocks for under $10k. really great work too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Not sure about steel being acceptable here. I would prefer wood though to easily reside with brick later to match the house.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top