Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2017 6:18:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#1]
1 You just need the ammo to not be in the gun. edit gun has to be not accessible to occupants

2 I do believe so, look up conceal carry reciprocity in michigan
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah I've looked all over the place and I can't seem to find an age I guess I'm just not looking right or my Google search sucks
View Quote
All I could find was that michigan honors permits from out of state as long as it is valid and you are legally allowed to carry in the issuing state.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#4]
"If you are a resident of another state who is licensed by that state to carry a concealed pistol, Michigan will recognize your permit. However, you must carry in conformance with any restrictions appearing on your license and you are subject to Michigan's concealed pistol laws including, but not limited to, restrictions on where a concealed pistol may be carried. Non-residents should become familiar with Michigan’s laws before carrying a concealed pistol in this state"

According to the State Police

This is kind of a grey area, so open carry when possible might be a better option.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:09:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 1:39:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Coming back to Michigan this summer on our last full family vacation before our son heads off to MCRD Parris Island and I have 2 questions-

1. As I understand it, I can have a rifle in the truck as long as it is unloaded as well as mags and in a place that it cannot be accessed easily by an occupant, correct?
View Quote

Pretty much. Has to be unloaded and one of the following: in a case, inaccessible from the interior, in the trunk, or taken down.

Quoted:
2. My son is 18, in Indiana he can legally carry a handgun with his lifetime carry permit. I looked and cannot find it in the maze of laws, but is there a minimum age requirement to carry in Michigan?

Thanks!
View Quote

If he has an Indiana CPL then he's good.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top