Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2017 5:34:37 AM EDT
My brother just bought a 1987 Grand National. We just drove it back from North Carolina on Saturday and last night about 11:40 pm it was stolen. We heard it leave and it was long gone before we got outside.

Downriver area near Allen Park. Fully tinted windows, debadged,  roll cage,  5" tach,  North Carolina paper plate on the license plate frame.

I will try to post a photo soon. If spotted,  IM me or call the police.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:32:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#2]
It's long gone, sorry to say.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's long gone, sorry to say.
View Quote
My parents had one many years ago that was stolen. Jackson PD failed to register it as found until five days later. The fuckers lit it on fire.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:23:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn, that sucks.

It is/was a good looking car.
My first car was an 81 Cutlass Calais. I love those G bodies.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#6]
How'd they take it so fast?  I didn't think cars with steering locks can be hotwired easily.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How'd they take it so fast?  I didn't think cars with steering locks can be hotwired easily.
View Quote
There are two very easy ways to start those G-body cars.  

Jiggler keys.  Repo guys use them all the time.  These can be used on most vehicles that don't have a key with a chip.  
Screwdriver.  Bash the column open and pry the lock out of the way.  The less classy of the two methods.  

I'm mostly concerned with how quickly they stole the car after bringing it home.  Based on our location in the neighborhood,  I'd wager somebody living near me is a scumbag.  It was debadged too,  and the neighbors mid-80's Regal has been untouched since I have lived here.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#8]
ANy update on this?

I remember Dragging at milan in a GN in high school. nice rides.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
ANy update on this?

I remember Dragging at milan in a GN in high school. nice rides.
View Quote
None.

We have cruised some dumping spots looking for it and checked out the late night street drags hoping somebody was racing it,  but found nothing.

Insurance was trying to short change my brother but having receipts for upgrades helped. After this weekend he should have a check cut to get him looking for a new one.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#10]
theres a big dragracing thing goin on in Flint now in the middle of the night. I buddy said he saw 2 grand nationals as well as some others we use to race together. Anything thats special that ca person could see easaly to say it was yours? if you want PM it to me if you want to keep it off the open forum..

Long shot but you never know..
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
theres a big dragracing thing goin on in Flint now in the middle of the night. I buddy said he saw 2 grand nationals as well as some others we use to race together. Anything thats special that ca person could see easaly to say it was yours? if you want PM it to me if you want to keep it off the open forum..

Long shot but you never know..
View Quote
IM coming shortly
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:45:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I doubt this was yours. But I thought it odd to see one on the road today with a driver that didn't really seem at home driving that car. Young whiteish type (maybe ME or Eastern Europe) with dark curly hair. It had badges on the rear though, seemed more beat up than yours and didn't have a tinted rear window.

Attachment Attached File

Plate was DRS 6141.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:25:10 PM EDT
[#13]
It's probably parked in the garage next to the Road Runner that got stolen from Mobsteel. Not trying to hijack. The GN is one of my bucket list cars
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top