Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2017 8:03:11 AM EDT
I must admit, I thought you were suppossed to treat them as a stop.

http://fox17online.com/2017/03/10/msp-intersection-with-traffic-signals-out-are-not-4-way-stops/

"To simplify things, out of power traffic lights become [...] not necessarily a four-way stop but a four-way yield," said F/Lt. Hinz. "And then those yielding rules apply."
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:17:21 AM EDT
[#1]
That should be a PSA on every tv and radio station in the state.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like my driver ed instructor was wrong.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:51:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I am so confused now. Driving instructor back when said 4 way stop. Heard on the news from the state police the street with more traffic gets the right of way. And now this lol.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am so confused now. Driving instructor back when said 4 way stop. Heard on the news from the state police the street with more traffic gets the right of way. And now this lol.
View Quote
Because that is how it's everywhere else.  MI has this yield law for a long time.

The yield primarily applies to highway and cross road applications to keep the highway traffic flowing while the smaller non highway cross roads have to yield to the highway traffic.

No one seems to know this, it's been outlined several times in MSP documents and yet people still argue over it (seems to be mostly from out of state guys).  I got my ass chewed out on GD badly for suggesting that this is a law in Michigan.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Screw that.  I will continue to STOP.

TOO many times I took my life in my own hands at the corner of M-55 & M-65 during numerous power outages.  I made damn sure I had a lot of time to get through that particular intersection when the lights were out.  Too often I've seen people traveling west-east or east-west BLOW through there in the dark at speed.  Hell, I've seen vehicles blow through there when the lights were working.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 2:04:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Screw that.  I will continue to STOP.

TOO many times I took my life in my own hands at the corner of M-55 & M-65 during numerous power outages.  I made damn sure I had a lot of time to get through that particular intersection when the lights were out.  Too often I've seen people traveling west-east or east-west BLOW through there in the dark at speed.  Hell, I've seen vehicles blow through there when the lights were working.
View Quote
M55 and M65 are both Michigan intersecting Highways, then they both get treated as a stop.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 2:17:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looks like my driver ed instructor was wrong.
View Quote
Same here.  

I would tell him he was wrong but he died almost 20 years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top