Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2016 2:49:10 PM EDT
I got this marketing email from USCCA.  The story of Richard of Grand Rapids who was apparently arrested and charged for a crime unspecified after foiling a baseball bat beatdown of a family member outside of his home.

Does anyone have link to the full story?

What happened when he found his brother being beaten to death with a baseball bat +your 2 chances to win a 1911...  If you're still on the fence about joining forces with the USCCA, I think this story may help...It’s a story about a man named Richard...Richard is a USCCA member who lives in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He and his wife live in a nice neighborhood on the outskirts of town.And this is where the story takes a sharp left turn... While the burgers were cooking on the grill, Richard's brother went around to the front of the house to get something out of his car. After a few minutes, Richard and the other guests noticed that he hadn't returned. Instead, they heard raised voices coming from the front yard. Richard went out front to see what was going on. Apparently, some thug caught his brother off guard, and when he resisted the carjacking attempt, he proceeded to beat him severely in the head with a wooden baseball bat! Richard clearly could see that if he didn’t act soon, his brother wasn’t going to survive. He quickly retrieved his firearm and headed out the front door and into the fray... Despite his shouted commands, the criminal didn’t stop the beating... However, once Richard drew his weapon, the attacker got wise and bolted. Well, I wish I could say the police and ambulance arrived shortly thereafter, and his brother survived and Richard was hailed as a hero. Thank God his brother survived, but even though Richard stopped the robbery and saved his brother’s life without ever firing a shot, HE was the one who was arrested! Dragged away like a criminal with his bloody brother lying on the ground...and his frightened wife crying in the doorway... Shortly after arriving at the police station, he was charged and thrown in jail because he couldn’t afford the massive bail bond that the gun-hating judge imposed on him...  Now
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't ever believe these are real.  They always read like a marketing ploy.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, that's why I want to look it up.   Is USCCA outright lying?
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 4:05:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, that's why I want to look it up.   Is USCCA outright lying?
View Quote

no last name, no way to look up anything in the courts..

something like that probably wouldn't even make the news.  i listen to the grpd as background noise frequently and there's lot of worse stuff that doesn't make the news.

it's possible i guess, but kent county's prosecutor has a history of being very gun friendly, granted he just got replaced with the last election cycle.  hopefully, new guy is as friendly as the last one.

i'd lean towards changed name and city to protect their client, assuming it's real at all
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 9:29:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Who knows.

I'm a USCCA member.  But the spam emails are over the top.

I talked to Kevin about it at the NRA show.  I like his weekly vids, but Tim's 2-3 per day, begging for money...  

He said there's a way to opt out, but I just blocked them as spam.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top