Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2016 9:47:00 AM EDT
Bought a house in Benton Harbor about a year ago and have been lurking on here for a while so I figured I would say hi and introduce myself and try to meet some local arfcommers.

Moved from Missouri. Wife has family in the area and is from here originally.

I have been to a few local shops, still looking for a good place to shoot. Recommendations on gun shops and ranges is appreciated.

-CS
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Benton Harlem! Just kidding, im Jenison born and raised. Still in the grand rapids area. So check out south kent for a good range but thats in dorr about an hour north. I work in plainwell and have had good luck with the people at southwicks in plainwell but their prices are a little small town gander mountainish. Not bad, just eh.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:00:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a hold of Watervliet Rod and gun. http://www.watervlietrodandgunclub.org/

200M covered rifle range, Concrete benches.
Berms set at 40-60-80-100 for intermediate range.

Full horse shoe pistol/Carbine range.

Wed. night is Trap night.

Just across the trash mountain is coloma R&G https://www.facebook.com/ColomaRGC/

For indoors, there's Point Blank out by the airport.

For rifle and Pistol, Watervliet is much more user friendly, offers some decent training classes, and not as swamped with FUDD's and Trap weenies.

As far as shops and transfer friendly FFL's go, try Giving Scott Igert a call at "Modern antique firearms". 269-944-5789.
His inventory is not large, but he does get quite a few oddballs in from time to time.
For fondling new stuff, it's hard to beat On Target in Kalamazoo.
Point blank is kind of over priced, but they do get some interesting stuff in now and then.

Welcome to the area!!

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 9:28:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Shop to visit:  The Black Arsenal in Stevensville.  Chad get's some of the better than ordinary stuff in.

Another range option is Bend of the River Conservation Club in Niles.  It's just a trip down the 31 bypass.

I'm in the area between Buchanan, Berrien Springs and Baroda.  Welcome to the sunset coast!
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 9:38:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome!  I'm on the other side of the state so I can't help with local recommendations.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the Welcomes and shop/range recommendations. A few I hadn't heard of so I will definitely check them out.

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#6]
In Feb-March, there's a Michiana Arfcom meetup usually down in Mishewaka.  We have quite a few members right over the border in NW Hoosierland.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Southern Michigan Gun Club isn't far from you.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:13:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I live in the Stevensville area and am a member of Berrien County Sportsman Club.  They host IDPA events there which are a lot of fun.  I like Coloma's club too and have shot there a few times.
Black Arsenal is my LGS.  Chad is a great guy to work with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top