BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2016 2:53:45 PM EDT
If your in the area, take cover.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:17:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Was at a Chainsaw GTG near Hamilton.

Hit about a mile away, and trashed a couple old Farms.

Goofy thing is, one hit near back here at home, and raised total hell in town.
Little 'ol Bangor got hit harder than Grand rapids, but guess what the news is covering...
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:16:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Not much in my area, just a little wind and rain. I was watching it on the TV set just in case the storm shifted a few miles
Southern New Way To Go County
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not much in my area, just a little wind and rain. I was watching it on the TV set just in case the storm shifted a few miles
View Quote

Same here. It died out and moved east before it got here. North kent county.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Little 'ol Bangor got hit harder than Grand rapids, but guess what the news is covering...
View Quote

The Bangor tornado was about 3 miles from my house!

I'll have to pass through town tonight to see the carnage.

I don't watch regular TV, so I was pretty ignorant of the warnings.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:52:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get NOAA Radar pro Ap, it's free, and will give alerts wherever you are. It's also a hell of a lot better about forecasts, than the radio and TV tards that are inland 50 miles.

I got the alert in Hamilton, 15min. before the buddys wife got dispatched to the FD. 10 min. later I got the alert for Bangor, and Cosy 98 nor channel 3 had anything for a good 10min., by then, it was over.

Didja notice the Siren from Palisades? I didn't hear it, when the last one went through, and damn near hit me with a mature Red oak.Just sayin'...

The PD/Library got hit, Tourtolottes got hit, Hartmans(True blue farms) new Packing facility got flattened, cars flipped, trees on houses all over the N.E. side of town.
It coulda been a lot worse, but Hartmans sent the packing crew home, to come back Sunday, instead of finishing the season on Sun.....65 would have been in that Barn.

Hey, you need any Blueberry's?
I gotta crapload that aren't gonna get harvested. The Goddamned Kanadians/West coast tanked the market intentionally, and it isn't worth the fuel/labor to run the harvester again. If you want to pick 'em, they're yours.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 3:23:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Get NOAA Radar pro Ap, it's free, and will give alerts wherever you are. It's also a hell of a lot better about forecasts, than the radio and TV tards that are inland 50 miles.

I got the alert in Hamilton, 15min. before the buddys wife got dispatched to the FD. 10 min. later I got the alert for Bangor, and Cosy 98 nor channel 3 had anything for a good 10min., by then, it was over.

Didja notice the Siren from Palisades? I didn't hear it, when the last one went through, and damn near hit me with a mature Red oak.Just sayin'...

The PD/Library got hit, Tourtolottes got hit, Hartmans(True blue farms) new Packing facility got flattened, cars flipped, trees on houses all over the N.E. side of town.
It coulda been a lot worse, but Hartmans sent the packing crew home, to come back Sunday, instead of finishing the season on Sun.....65 would have been in that Barn.

I gotta crapload that aren't gonna get harvested. The Goddamned Kanadians/West coast tanked the market intentionally, and it isn't worth the fuel/labor to run the harvester again. If you want to pick 'em, they're yours.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You gotta be pretty close, I'm pretty surrounded by them where I'm at. Rolled through town today, shit is really fucked up. I won't lie, I did a little fist pump for that guy with the old red Mercury near the tracks. Glad to see nothing dropped on it, at least.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:48:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You gotta be pretty close, I'm pretty surrounded by them where I'm at. Rolled through town today, shit is really fucked up. I won't lie, I did a little fist pump for that guy with the old red Mercury near the tracks. Glad to see nothing dropped on it, at least.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!

I'm in Covert, on the corner with Bangor/Hartford, in the giant assed  5sq. mile patch(Hartmans, Adkins, Galens, Nutting, Bocock, LLerana, and little ol' me.)

Didja see the roof on the PD?
DOH!!

Heading out with the saws, trailer and winch in the morning.
Cleanup is going slow, and the dirtbags from Grand rapids and Kalamazoo are starting to show up, to rip people off.

Shit pisses me off.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:59:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

LOL!

I'm in Covert, on the corner with Bangor/Hartford, in the giant assed  5sq. mile patch(Hartmans, Adkins, Galens, Nutting, Bocock, LLerana, and little ol' me.)

DOH!!

Cleanup is going slow, and the dirtbags from Grand rapids and Kalamazoo are starting to show up, to rip people off.

Shit pisses me off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!

DOH!!

Shit pisses me off.

I'm actually fairly new to Bangor, and yeah, saw the new roof on the PD.

ETA: I'm about 5 min away from VBSC.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:16:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yea, 1 mile straight south of us was where it hit.

Maybe being out in our tents wasn't the smartest choice that we've ever made.....  My wife told all the guys at the department that we had over 25 guys with saws at our place and we were ready to help out.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:16:33 AM EDT
[#10]
It's good to hear there's people in the community that are willing to help in times like this.  Down south here in Berrien County we only received rain.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Maybe being out in our tents wasn't the smartest choice that we've ever made.....  My wife told all the guys at the department that we had over 25 guys with saws at our place and we were ready to help out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, you were running one of DD's freak saws when I got the Tornado warning, and hollered at the guys to make sure somebody saved your Beer fridge when it hit.
The look on the Canucks faces was priceless...

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:55:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I was at costco on 44th and wilson, and decided to make the gamble. I was south on wilson when a 5 foot tree branch (around 2" thick) made it from one side of the road to the other and didnt hit the ground. I had to drive over the top half of a old tree that fell over and hit m6. Apparently I basically ended up within 1/4 mile and 30 seconds of it. Lesson learned. Picked up the ass end of the car and blew it around a bit, bottomed out the bumper over the tree but all is well aside from that. The damage down the street one block west of long john silvers on 28th is unbelievable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top