Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2016 6:36:06 AM EDT
Are there any ACTS style 2 gun competitions around the Port Huron or Thumb area of the state?

Or even Flint, Lapeer, Davidson areas?

Bellevue is way farther than I'm willing to drive, but I want to get involved with something like that.
Any help would be great.

Even IDPA or 3 gun would be good too!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Are there any ACTS style 2 gun competitions around the Port Huron or Thumb area of the state?

Bellevue is way farther than I'm willing to drive, but I want to get involved with something like that.
Any help would be great.

View Quote

Caro Gun Club. I'm sorry I can't recall the web site for you that has their schedule, but they have gotten into it in a fairly big way for a small, rural club.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#2]
ACTS has a regular named Chuck who drives out from that area.

There is 3gun at Bluewater also.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Caro Gun Club. I'm sorry I can't recall the web site for you that has their schedule, but they have gotten into it in a fairly big way for a small, rural club.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any help would be great.

Thank you
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I checked out Bluewater's website.  It looks like to me, that comps are only open to members (which is ok) but a membership is $190 for 18months.  More than I'm willing to spend to go to 2 or 3 comps a year, as that's the only reason I would go there.

Lapeer has a steel shooting and bowling pin comps.  It's not 2 gun, but better than nothing.  $5 per competition for members $10 for non-members.  It's also closer than Bluewater for me.   I took my CPL course there in 2005.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I checked out Bluewater's website.  It looks like to me, that comps are only open to members (which is ok) but a membership is $190 for 18months.  More than I'm willing to spend to go to 2 or 3 comps a year, as that's the only reason I would go there.

Lapeer has a steel shooting and bowling pin comps.  It's not 2 gun, but better than nothing.  $5 per competition for members $10 for non-members.  It's also closer than Bluewater for me.   I took my CPL course there in 2005.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do not have to be a member to shoot at BlueWater for the matches, BW is hands down the best range in the thumb area IMHO.  Jeff
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You do not have to be a member to shoot at BlueWater for the matches, BW is hands down the best range in the thumb area IMHO.  Jeff
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's good to hear.  I did not see that in their website.  Do you know what they usually charge for an entry fee?
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Every match charges an entry fee. Some clubs give members a discount at tournaments, but everyone pays something.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's good to hear.  I did not see that in their website.  Do you know what they usually charge for an entry fee?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

30.00 if IRC..
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:02:40 AM EDT
[#9]
membership at bwsa is 120 $ a year
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Check out the BRASS website.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:31:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Check out the BRASS website.
View Quote

I forgot about these guys.  Good call!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top