Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2016 11:56:50 AM EDT
The wife and I are planning a week or so up in the UP in the Munising and Marquette area in the end of July.  She wants to check out Copper Harbor for an overnight or maybe two.  Any experience in places to stay and/or things to do up in that area?  I have checked out some stuff online but if anyone has any great experiences, I'd love to hear them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#1]
My parents stayed here once. Said it was quaint.
http://www.eagleharborinn.biz/

I usually stay in Houghton when I'm up there and make a day trip up to Copper Harbor.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 1:32:14 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.cedarpointcabins.net/

We stayed here a couple nights last September, it was nice.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 7:55:29 AM EDT
[#3]
My wife and I have gone up there the last two summers for a triathlon. We love it. There is a small but fun microbrewery right in town called Brickside. I would highly recommend it. There are mountain bike rentals and awesome trails if you're up to that sort of activity. You can explore Fort Wilkins , tour copper mines, antique shops. The shoreline is spectacular.  There's a couple of restaurants but don't expect anything fancy. We camp at the state campgrounds.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:47:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Brick side  has some good beer. We camp out on the point of the kewenaw penisula. Several cooper mine ruins in the area as well. There are several hiking trails as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top