User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sanchez's failure is not his fault.

You may recall, during spring training, the coaches tried to change his motion to eliminate the big turn in his delivery. Their thought was that if they eliminated the turn then they could keep him healthy and keep him in the rotation. So, he did what he was told. When he got to the regular season he was still out of sorts. So he switched to a hybrid motion with a half turn. He was still walking guys all over and having short outings, so they had him try to go back...by that time the damage was done.

The coaches fucked Sanchez, and everyone seems to have forgotten that they changed his delivery. You can't do that with a veteran guy and expect shit to go right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good!!

Sitting here watching Sanchie is painful.

The guy has lost his fastball, and can't maintain control on the curve and slider.
Early breaks, and hangers are going to eat him up until he gets a handle on things.

Get that kid up here ASAP!

Sanchez's failure is not his fault.

You may recall, during spring training, the coaches tried to change his motion to eliminate the big turn in his delivery. Their thought was that if they eliminated the turn then they could keep him healthy and keep him in the rotation. So, he did what he was told. When he got to the regular season he was still out of sorts. So he switched to a hybrid motion with a half turn. He was still walking guys all over and having short outings, so they had him try to go back...by that time the damage was done.

The coaches fucked Sanchez, and everyone seems to have forgotten that they changed his delivery. You can't do that with a veteran guy and expect shit to go right.

Exactly right.  What gets me is why they haven't fired their pitching coach.  Seriously the starting rotation and bullpen suck.

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 12:51:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Another good win for the Tigers tonight!

I kind of feel bad for Smyly. I had high hopes for him as a Tiger, and then he got traded. If he had to go sideways, then I'm glad he did it as a Ray.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#3]
SWEEP!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 12:43:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

SWEEP!!
View Quote

The Tigers last 4 series have all been sweeps. They are 3-1 in their last 4 series which ended in a sweep.

Also, we're now in second place in the Central and tied with Toronto for a Wild Card spot.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:55:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

SWEEP!!
View Quote

Yeah, and here comes another sweep.

On the upside, Black Lives Matters have promised to riot during the Republican Convention. I really hope they do. I hope it's ugly. I really fucking hope it's really fucking nasty.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Sure looks like a sweep in process
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#7]
The Boys woke hungry today!
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:42:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Boys woke hungry today!
View Quote

Yes they did.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:52:32 AM EDT
[#9]
It's amazing what good pitching can do.

Cleveland has four solid starters that would shut down anyone.

Unfortunately, we have just one, and JV that can be spotty at times.

Nice to see the end of the losing streak against Cleveland, and a little pay back.

Still half of a season to go. Things don't look too promising, but that could change quickly.

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:51:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Still half of a season to go. Things don't look too promising, but that could change quickly.
View Quote

Uh, the Tigers are in second place, 5 games over .500 and 1.5 games out of the wild card spot. If you take a look at how they have played against everyone other than Cleveland, then they are 44-29 and they don't have to play Cleveland again until September. The Tigers are in the fabled Cat Bird Seat.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Salty with a walk off 2 run blast
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Tigers: 20-8 at home since May 16th.

Home Field DOMINANCE Achieved!
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#13]
KRod and Salty teaming up for a Strike 'em out, throw 'em out in the 9th for the W
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Dirty Sanchez has to go.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

SWEEP!!
View Quote
!!!

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Fucking awesome!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:20:28 AM EDT
[#17]
I still believe that the division is well within reach.

If they can go 5-2 against Cleveland the rest of the way then we're in bidness!
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Back to back!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Back to back!!
View Quote

Back to back sweeps of GREAT teams! Sweep Boston at Fenway and then clobber the Astros? In the words of Jim Price "That is STRONG!"
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 7:04:34 AM EDT
[#20]
4 games back. Tigers are within reach!
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:19:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
4 games back. Tigers are within reach!
View Quote

Just think if they weren't 1-11 vs Indians this year...
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I've remember the past years where the Tigers had strong 1st halfs and just kind of fell apart after the All-Star Break.

Finally nice to see the jet fuel kick in at the midpoint, instead of the beginning of the year and petering out.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 10:30:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I've remember the past years where the Tigers had strong 1st halfs and just kind of fell apart after the All-Star Break.

Finally nice to see the jet fuel kick in at the midpoint, instead of the beginning of the year and petering out.

View Quote
7 straight wins!

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 11:48:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

This team has reminded me of the 2012 Tigers.

Oh, when is Miggy going to get it going? This is a funny team. If only Max Scherzer would find that consistency he had in 2011. When is Prince going to start hitting? Lots of ups and downs with this team...and then they clicked after the All Star break, went on a tear and clinched the division three games away from the end of the season.

I still think this team is the best team in the division. I still think that this team is going to win the division. You look at the trade deadline, the Tigers made 0 moves all year. Why? Because we actually have a shit ton of pitching depth. We're getting Zimmermann and JD back...and really, we've barely missed them! Boyd has pitched well. Pelfrey has made some good starts. Sanchez was dynamite tonight. Verlander is Justin Fucking Verlander Bitch again and Fulmer is the best rookie pitcher we've seen since The Bird. The Tigers actually have hard decisions to make about who goes, who stays and what not.

Oh, and Miggy is back...and VMart is back...oh yes, he's back! Collins? Is anyone mad at Collins? Does anyone think we missed out on Lucroy with Long Ball McCann on a tear? Fuck that.

And, I think that the confidence management showed in this roster has added a shot of swagger to these guys. You're our fucking guys. Get it done!

Seven game streak, 3 games behind.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:33:52 AM EDT
[#25]
I`m hoping we can pound sale tonight, that would mean its not a joke, we are on a roll for the long run
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#26]
J.D.!
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

J.D.!
View Quote
He's back!!

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:22:13 AM EDT
[#28]
I was walking through the park tonight, 100 degrees, sweating like a hog at 8:30 PM, listening to the game on my iPhone...Dan Dickerson is having to yell into the microphone because of the ovation JD is receiving, first pitch, into the bushes, people are riding bikes, walking their dogs, little kids on the monkey bars...I'm jumping up and down shaking my water bottle in the air, shit eating grin...good day to be a Tigers fan!
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Was just listening to the Jim Rome Show. And they were interviewing some guy who was some old timer, Baseball expert. Basically asking him about what he thought about who the best teams were and such.

He got around to the Celeveland Indians and the Detroit Tigers. He stated that it's amazing you look how Detroit is only 2 games behind and Cleveland beat them 11 times out of 13 games, or something. And then went on to say, BUT THIS ISN'T THE SAME TIGERS TEAM THAT CLEVELAND PLAYED IN THE PAST. And that the Tigers are coming, and the Indians KNOW they're coming.

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:55:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Bad day for Zimmermann. Looks like he might be headed back to the DL. I see this as an opportunity for Boyd, Sanchez and/or Norris to step up. Norris went 7 tonight on 5 hits, 1 ER and 7 K's.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 10:47:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Thor who?
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Ok....
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Ok....
View Quote

OK what?
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Nick got plunked.

Now he's out 6-8 weeks.

J.D. and Salty saved the game, but Nicks out.

Time for princess Upton to hit like he is paid, and everyone else, to step things up.

Things were just starting to look like late fall....DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!

Romine is the obvious answer, but he no Nick.

Link Posted: 8/7/2016 1:32:38 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

OK what?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok....

OK what?

The really bad luck, where Cabby throws the ball to get the guy out at 2nd, and the ball hits the guy.

And then the very next play, another error.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 2:52:32 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The really bad luck, where Cabby throws the ball to get the guy out at 2nd, and the ball hits the guy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok....

OK what?

But, we got really good luck in the end so it all works out.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 3:13:54 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Nick got plunked.

Now he's out 6-8 weeks.

J.D. and Salty saved the game, but Nicks out.

Time for princess Upton to hit like he is paid, and everyone else, to step things up.

Things were just starting to look like late fall....DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!

Romine is the obvious answer, but he no Nick.
View Quote

If you would have said 'Tigers' Depth Chart' in March, every baseball analyst in the world would have bust out laughing. But you know what?

Shane Greene went on the DL and the Tigers called up the AL Rookie of the Year to fill in...and Shane Greene got moved to the bullpen permanently.

Sanchez lost his rotation spot and they called up Norris...who got hurt, so they called up Boyd, who hasn't given up more than three runs in a start since mid-June.

Zimmermann goes down and Sanchez steps back up and starts throwing the ball well. Zimmermann goes down again and here comes Daniel Norris just in time to pitch to the Mariners.

JD Martinez runs into a wall in KC? Well then we'll call up Steven Moya to hit bombs. Oh, Steven Moya can't catch the ball? Then we'll call up Tyler Collins to rake.

Salty, well...he don't hit much, but he always hits clutch.

This team is getting it done because everyone is trying to join in. People look at the Tigers and they see the Ace of Aces leading the rotation, they see the Latin Law Firm of Cabrera, Martinez and Martinez in the middle of the order, they see the double play combo of Kinsler and Iglesias up the middle, they see K-Rod notching saves every night...but the guys who are keeping this team running are the depth guys who coming through and joining in. This team is truly firing on all cylinders and all 25 are getting the job done. Besides, Cleveland is fading. We're good. Nicky is out for a while, no time table yet, but someone is going to step up until Nick gets back.

Keep the faith. There's magic in the air in D-etroit City baby, and the Tigers are fixing' to put a hurtin' on some teams.

EAT 'EM UP TIGERS, EAT 'EM UP!
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 2:05:04 AM EDT
[#39]
AL rookie of the year.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:13:17 PM EDT
[#40]
This team is so streaky, it really pisses me off. They have all of these great hitters and it's either feast of famine with them scoring runs.

HIT THE BALL DAMMIT!
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 11:44:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Pretty good game tonight!
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 2:23:34 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Pretty good game tonight!
View Quote

Yeah, not too bad.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Good game! Good game!
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Sorry, had to change my draws.

Great game. Great series win!
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 7:21:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Been hearing a lot about J Up lately
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Been hearing a lot about J Up lately
View Quote

they said he was streaky, hes been on a long streak now, i suspect they will stat walking him in the late innings now
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:12:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Now to get the pitchers going.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Now to get the pitchers going.
View Quote

Boyd had a bad night last night, but he has been great ever since he came back up from the minors. He was kind of due to get roughed up.

What bothers me is the fact that they aren't hitting. SCORE RUNS YOU DOPES! THAT'S HOW YOU WIN!
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#49]
They needed 9 runs last night
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#50]
The 2017 schedule is out, and it is BRUTAL.

They have several loooong road trips with no off days. In July/August they have a 20 game stretch where they play 3 in Detroit, 3 in NYC, 4 in Baltimore, 2 in Pittsburgh, 6 in Detroit and 3 in Dallas without any off days.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top