BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yes, i`d rather see the walks instead of the home runs, plus, its to flipping cold to play base ball right now
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A step forward for Sanchez today.

yes, i`d rather see the walks instead of the home runs, plus, its to flipping cold to play base ball right now
Was at the park yesterday.Yeah...was cold as hell!!

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:55:30 PM EDT
[#2]
A nice debut for Michael Fulmer. The prognosticators think that this team is going to become the Phillies. But, they have a lot of youth to prove them wrong. McCann, Castellanos, Gose, The Wilsons, Farmer, Ver Hagen, Iggy, Greene, Norris, Boyd, now Fulmer...there are a lot of bright spots in the youth available to this team...and they have high picks in this years draft.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#3]
J Up, seems to have woken up

110 MPH 429 ft
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Nick C lead the AL in batting at .351
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Upton is a quandary.

He chokes, and chokes, hits into doubles, then cranks one a mile....in a consistent pattern.
All or nothing. It's maddening.
I like his speed, and he's a decent fielder, but I cringe every time he's at the plate.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Upton is a quandary.

He chokes, and chokes, hits into doubles, then cranks one a mile....in a consistent pattern.

All or nothing. It's maddening.

I like his speed, and he's a decent fielder, but I cringe every time he's at the plate.

View Quote

Upton's track record says that he will hit 26 homers with 167 strike outs and bat .270. He has long slumps and then gets very hot. He has also never played for a cold weather team. He played in Arizona, Atlanta and San Diego.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweep
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:26:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Sweep
View Quote
that last throw out was pretty sweet.  Pretty stupid for the runner to try to stretch a triple in a one run game when he would have been on second

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:54:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
that last throw out was pretty sweet.  Pretty stupid for the runner to try to stretch a triple in a one run game when he would have been on second  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sweep

Sort of like Miggy trying to stretch a single into a double and gets thrown out 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time.  That's irritating. :)
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sort of like Miggy trying to stretch a single into a double and gets thrown out 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time.  That's irritating. :)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sweep

Both are a Miggy too
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:18:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, Kate Upton is off the market. She is now sporting Justin's ring.

Oh, that's Justin VERLANDER'S ring...just to clarify.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://s32.postimg.org/jaroasq51/kate_upton_and_justin_verlander_d1fc97b2187cc1c6.jpg

View Quote

It's about time; they have so much in common!

They're both past their prime....

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:22:24 PM EDT
[#13]
sorry, just dont see how shes attractive
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:49:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

http://s32.postimg.org/jaroasq51/kate_upton_and_justin_verlander_d1fc97b2187cc1c6.jpg

View Quote

God, I never really found her all that super special.

I mean, she's very attractive. But I don't see personally see her as "top model in the world" type status she has.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#16]
JUp needs to do some base running drills.

Like all day and all night and all afternoon
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Still too early to make any calls about the starting rotation.  

Deja Vu.

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 7:55:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Still too early to make any calls about the starting rotation.  

Deja Vu.

View Quote

Zimmy allowed 3 runs in a quality start.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#19]
TV color guy said he liked AssMess getting relief pitchers up, so the starter wouldn't have to go through the order 3 times.
AssMess then left Pelfey(?) in long enough for Beltrade to tie it up.
+1 for TV color guy
-1 for AssMess
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#20]
The Tigers are going to have Justin starting tomorrow, so the losing streak will go to 6 games. Then they go to Washington and face Strassburg, Joe Ross and Max Scherzer and then they have 4 in Baltimore. They could easily by 9 games under .500 by next week.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I haven't been paying much attention to JV, but a 2-3 record with a 6.49 ERA means teams have been doing well against him. Much like a BP pitcher
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#22]
$28 million for a 6.49 ERA at that
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 12:20:11 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I haven't been paying much attention to JV, but a 2-3 record with a 6.49 ERA means teams have been doing well against him. Much like a BP pitcher
View Quote

He's had 4 quality starts and 2 horrible clunkers.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#24]
JV had a good game today , no runs in 7.

Then the bullpen strikes.
Tejas scored 7 runs while I was       paining           painting an upper.

I mean with rattle cans, while dumping down 1 barley pop

Apparently the 1 can, meant I was drinking them 1 at a time
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I find this series to be particularly infuriating. They had two very good starts, one from Zimmermann and one from Verlander and they couldn't even make a competitive showing.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#26]
ESPN Radio has the "LossMess" column going, as in how many losses are the managers fault
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Hang onto your boxscore, you need to sharpen your pencil too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#28]
20K, 0BB
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Letting Max go, instead of working a better deal, was stupid.

It was conflicting watching him rack up the K's, but I enjoy watching an artist work and Max was on the bubble last night.

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

It was conflicting watching him rack up the K's, but I enjoy watching an artist work and Max was on the bubble last night.
View Quote

How do you do that? Me, whenever great players do something great against the Tigers, no matter how bad the Tigers are, I do not feel anything for them other than hatred.

Who is Ryan Zimmerman to hit two homers in a game against the Tigers? Why does he think he has the right to do this? Shouldn't this be against the rules? Shouldn't some form of brutal punishment be handed down to this disgusting sub human filth?

Who is Max Scherzer to strike out 20 Tigers? He never did anything similar as a Tiger. He threw ONE complete game as a Tiger, in his walk year. He's thrown 5 as a Nat, including two no hitters and a 20 strike out game against us. First he pitches just good enough as a Tiger to line himself up for the payday, then he rejects  an offer equal to half the amount it cost to build the stadium, and to finish it off, he goes out and throws a complete game 20 strike out game against us. Will he ever stop stabbing Tigers fans in the heart, after we went to his games, cheered him on, bought his t shirts and jerseys without ever getting over the top with him...will he ever stop stabbing us in the heart?

How is it even possible to not feel hatred for the other team? Teach me this, please, because I can never feel anything other than a desire for these assholes to suffer horrid tragedies; disease, injury, personal loss, crushing blows. How do I not do that?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Max was good, no doubt, problem i have is even through he striked out 20, we still could of beat him, one of the hottest hitters in the AL was sitting on the bench, and Salty a swtich hitter, with more HR than Miggy was sitting on the bench, assmiss was hired to win games, this was stupid on his part, if we were loosing 10 to 1 I could see it, but not 3 to 2, and let upton mister strike out king bat in the 9th with 1 on, stupid stupid stupid
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:00:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Poor Pelfrey got pulled, and his team couldn't survive Wilson x 2. Bullpen strikes again.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The Tigers are going to have Justin starting tomorrow, so the losing streak will go to 6 games. Then they go to Washington and face Strassburg, Joe Ross and Max Scherzer and then they have 4 in Baltimore. They could easily by 9 games under .500 by next week.
View Quote

15-20 , 5 games under .500 this Saturday
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I'll go out on a limb, no I won't. I cut the limb up at The Shipping Channe; Marina.

well back to the subject.
I'll say the Tiggers won't be scoring 6 or more runs in their half of the 9th to even get The Birds up it the 9th
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

How do you do that? Me, whenever great players do something great against the Tigers, no matter how bad the Tigers are, I do not feel anything for them other than hatred.

Who is Ryan Zimmerman to hit two homers in a game against the Tigers? Why does he think he has the right to do this? Shouldn't this be against the rules? Shouldn't some form of brutal punishment be handed down to this disgusting sub human filth?

Who is Max Scherzer to strike out 20 Tigers? He never did anything similar as a Tiger. He threw ONE complete game as a Tiger, in his walk year. He's thrown 5 as a Nat, including two no hitters and a 20 strike out game against us. First he pitches just good enough as a Tiger to line himself up for the payday, then he rejects  an offer equal to half the amount it cost to build the stadium, and to finish it off, he goes out and throws a complete game 20 strike out game against us. Will he ever stop stabbing Tigers fans in the heart, after we went to his games, cheered him on, bought his t shirts and jerseys without ever getting over the top with him...will he ever stop stabbing us in the heart?

How is it even possible to not feel hatred for the other team? Teach me this, please, because I can never feel anything other than a desire for these assholes to suffer horrid tragedies; disease, injury, personal loss, crushing blows. How do I not do that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Normally, I look at the opposition the same way. No Love. None.

With Max, I can make an exception. The reason he's not still in a Tigers uniform, is Dombrowski refusing to pay him what he was worth, or making concessions.
I'm not going to take a pay cut to stay with an employer, when I can make double down the road either.
He did open talks early, and it was Dombrowski that refused to answer for months.

The guy is an artist, and when he's on the bubble, is awesome to watch.
It just happened to be against the Tigers that game, and that aspect sucks, but it's baseball.

I was hoping that Nick or JD got a couple hits off of Max so it wasn't as bad, but I'm not going to hate the guy for going straight up against his old club.
Maybe I'm still looking at Max as one of ours...kinda. I had the same hang up when Rusty Staub, and Lance Parrish got traded. I don't make it a habit though.
Prince Fielder is still on the Shit list, as are most others that got dumped and now excel.

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 12:25:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Tonight's win over the Twinks.

3 errors. Weird, goofy, impossible, stupid errors. The stuff that happens once a season, THREE in one game.

Bats get hot, and Zimmerman gets cranked on. Offense gets hotter, and Zimmermans best stuff, GOOD pitches get cranked.
It's like all the bad luck and good luck, got used up at the same time.

This season is making NO sense.
if the next game is a 0-0 tie into the 18th inning, with both sides running a no hitter, I wont be shocked.

The only bright spot, is for the first time this season, the crew woke up.

The new Kid looks good, Moya looks good, Ian is playing like an animal, Iggy is hitting again, and Gose is headed to the swamp where he belongs.
There might be hope yet.

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 12:48:50 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

3 errors. Weird, goofy, impossible, stupid errors. The stuff that happens once a season, THREE in one game.

Bats get hot, and Zimmerman gets cranked on. Offense gets hotter, and Zimmermans best stuff, GOOD pitches get cranked.

if the next game is a 0-0 tie into the 18th inning, with both sides running a no hitter, I wont be shocked.

The new Kid looks good, Moya looks good, Ian is playing like an animal, Iggy is hitting again, and Gose is headed to the swamp where he belongs.

There might be hope yet.

View Quote

I disagree that Zimmermann got "cranked". He left a couple pitches over the plate and they got hit out of the ark, but that's not unexpected. Zimmermann, like Price, will give up homers. That 4 run inning was bullshit. The Twinks (and I call them Twinks as a reference to the skinny gay boys also referred to as Twinks...just to make sure that we're clear), hit some bleeders and dribblers and scored runs. Obviously, my position is that these sick degenerates, deviants and preverts should suffer in the fires of Hell, but that's between them and God...

Anyways...Zimmermann was due to get rocked because he had a 1.50 ERA, which is way lucky and water finds it's level. However, if Zimmermann getting rocked means him going 7 with 8 K's then I'll take that shit. This guy is the real deal. He's a fucking madman who beats ass and refuses to come out, AFTER GIVING UP 7 RUNS!!!!

Find another pitcher who gave up 7 earned runs through 4 and pitched 3 more innings. He's like that guy on the old spice commercial...'yeah I had a breakfast of beef and whiskey and pitched both games of a double header.'

So don't talk shit about Jordan again!

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 2:52:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I disagree that Zimmermann got "cranked". He left a couple pitches over the plate and they got hit out of the ark, but that's not unexpected. Zimmermann, like Price, will give up homers. That 4 run inning was bullshit. The Twinks (and I call them Twinks as a reference to the skinny gay boys also referred to as Twinks...just to make sure that we're clear), hit some bleeders and dribblers and scored runs. Obviously, my position is that these sick degenerates, deviants and preverts should suffer in the fires of Hell, but that's between them and God...

Anyways...Zimmermann was due to get rocked because he had a 1.50 ERA, which is way lucky and water finds it's level. However, if Zimmermann getting rocked means him going 7 with 8 K's then I'll take that shit. This guy is the real deal. He's a fucking madman who beats ass and refuses to come out, AFTER GIVING UP 7 RUNS!!!!

Find another pitcher who gave up 7 earned runs through 4 and pitched 3 more innings. He's like that guy on the old spice commercial...'yeah I had a breakfast of beef and whiskey and pitched both games of a double header.'

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There might be hope yet.

Yep!!

He got cranked on. Plain and simple.
He hung a couple and paid.  But as you noted, he's not JV or a lesser pitcher.
He knows how to adjust, and does, when something isn't working.
JV just throws harder, others just give up. Zim has a big toolbox to play with, and just opens another drawer, while taking notes for future reference.
I like the guy and his ethic. All the same, he screwed up and paid.

To be fair...Zim was pitching to a strike zone shaped like an inverted "Y". Brads tirade and ejection wasn't all showboat. Salty was framing like a madman, trying to find the Umps actual strike zone, and never really finding it. Even the Twinks were bitching about the wonky strike zone.

Twinks it is.

Those dribblers and freakish hits, are some sort of oddball Mojo bullshit, that came along to balance out all the positive that went on in the first inning.
Who the hell hits second base like that? It's just the universe correcting the wobble imparted by the Tigers Offense waking the hell up.
Still, blowing an 8 run lead....

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Now if we could play alil more,like this inning!
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Now if we could play alil more,like this inning!
View Quote

Whatever got the crew to wake up, I don't care.

This Maybin kid has some serious potential. I'm liking him and Moya a LOT!

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 7:15:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Haven't heard Collins name lately
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think he went to never never land
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote

He got called up when they were on the road trip, and then got sent back down. He's in Toledo
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 1:45:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Looking to take the family to the 6/20 Mariners game.  Advice on low fee (online, in-person, broker, etc) box seat tickets for 4?
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

He got called up when they were on the road trip, and then got sent back down. He's in Toledo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

best to keep him away from the fans, JD dropped the ball the other day, he was booed, didn't flip anyone off
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#46]
AS 24 pitches, 3 runs in the 1st

Color guys are saying Anibal is a good major league pitcher
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#47]
2-2 ,2 on,2 outs,2 on ................
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#48]
McCannon save AS
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:07:12 AM EDT
[#49]

Well ain't that nice.

The crew seems to have found a balance, and are making things work, and work well.

The Pen has even woken up.

If Z-Man can heal up quick, we might still have a chance at Fall ball again.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#50]
i`m beginning to have faith in our closer
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top