Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2015 7:11:29 PM EDT
Hello All,
I am building my first AR and right I just ordered the final parts for it (Barrel). I did my research and have found a couple gunsmith who seem to have a good reputation with the AR but I would rather finish building it myself. Unfortunately I just moved to Michigan and live in an apartment and don't have access to a vise  or vise block to properly torque the barrel. Is there anyone locally that wouldn't mind letting me come over to install the barrel? I know it sounds weird, especially not knowing me, but I would really like to finish this build myself. If it helps I am 25 and work as an engineer and have been around firearms my whole life.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello All,
I am building my first AR and right I just ordered the final parts for it (Barrel). I did my research and have found a couple gunsmith who seem to have a good reputation with the AR but I would rather finish building it myself. Unfortunately I just moved to Michigan and live in an apartment and don't have access to a vise  or vise block to properly torque the barrel. Is there anyone locally that wouldn't mind letting me come over to install the barrel? I know it sounds weird, especially not knowing me, but I would really like to finish this build myself. If it helps I am 25 and work as an engineer and have been around firearms my whole life.
View Quote

Might be a while before you find someone on here in the area, let alone comfortable having you over. Invest in your own tools.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, nobody offered on MGO yet either
I'm 200 miles away BTW
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Where are you located?
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where are you located?
View Quote

I live in Farmington Hills
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where are you located?

Same town as my girlfriend.  I can ask if she knows anyone in the area that would lend a hand.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Same town as my girlfriend.  I can ask if she knows anyone in the area that would lend a hand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where are you located?

I'd appreciate it!
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#7]
are you just wanting to install the barrel?, if so pm me, i`m in farmington hills
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#8]
We do it here at Oakland Tactical. We are about 20 Minutes from you as long as you don't travel during traffic.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
are you just wanting to install the barrel?, if so pm me, i`m in farmington hills
View Quote

Perfect! Thanks for helping out.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 11:10:11 AM EDT
[#10]
ADCO is in Sylvania near Toledo.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roach46 is a good guy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top