Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2015 2:18:10 AM EDT
I am moving to the Ionia area and was wondering if there are any nearby gun ranges or gun stores. Reviews and opinions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Near Ionia (in Saranac) is Qua-Ke-Zik gun range. It is a member only range but they do have public hours Sunday afternoons and I think Tuesday evenings. Decent rifle range with targets at 5, 25, 50 , 100 and 200 yards. They have an indoor/outdoor handgun range, indoor archery, and a very nice skeet/trap field.

I moved to the Ionia area a few years ago and became a member for access to the rifle range. I really haven't had time to get into their pistol or shotgun leagues. As far as gun shops go, there really isn't much unless you go to Grand Rapids, Lansing or Hastings.

Hope this helps. PM me if you ever want to check out the range in Saranac, I can show you around.

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#2]
there are a couple of stores in St Johns. Gil Roys and Watts. I've dealt with Gil Roys quite a bit and hear good things about Watts.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:20:56 PM EDT
[#3]
When I was living there, I went to the West Michigan Rifle and Pistol Club.  It is is private range and was empty most of the time.  On Lincoln Ave as I recall.

Has up to a 300yrd range though.  

I shot on a indoor 22lr league in the winter and you could always see the glow of the prison lights as you drove up over the hill.

ARnutt
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm about halfway between you and St. Johns, and the only gun shops I know about in the area are Gilroys and Watts, don't know of much in Ionia, but I'm gonna be watching this thread.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Oak Hill gun club in Portland has a nice set-up.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you guys for the responses.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Goldstar Outdoors is just south of the ionia exit from i-96 on m-66, it's under new management, and Jon is a good guy. More focused on archery, with some fishing, but they have some cool stuff from time to time.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Baracks616 is right off the highway there in Grand Rapids, not too far from you.  they are a pretty nice gun store and indoor range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top