Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:31:46 PM EDT
[#1]
This appears to be an excellent thing as the old laws actually presented a number of issues for counties not just CPL applicants and holders, which is why I believe it enjoyed such bi-partisan support. My guess is a lot of the county prosecutor offices were asking for their reps to sign off on it. I see that it's cleared-up some language as well designed to give the state more legal standing should it deny someone a license. Whereas, before there were certain provisions that I don't know would have done so well under review.  

SB 34 is really good news for Michigan and as typical for these kind of overhauls long overdue frankly.  I'm glad to see a legislature that works to make sure laws are tuned to the State and Federal Constitution and make sense from an administrative stand-point while not burdening law abiding citizens.  

Of course, I'd be much happier with Constitutional Carry, but one step at a time.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice... What kind of time frame will this be enacted in?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It reads by December .
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad to see it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:55:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It reads by December .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It reads by December .

Excellent, my wife and I are moving back "home" to MI next spring
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#6]
If the county gun boards are disbanded, how does this affect the review/appeals process if you are denied?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If the county gun boards are disbanded, how does this affect the review/appeals process if you are denied?
View Quote
I think same way, through the courts.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a step before the courts before. You could ask for a review in front of the board. I was misdiagnosed with a medical condition that is a disqualified. It has followed me ever since. I spoke with a lawyer about this. He described the hoops I had to jump through to get cleared but, this really throws a wrench in the works.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top