Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2015 3:21:15 AM EDT
Hey everyone I'm from Michigan but am in the Army. I would like to find the closest 1000yd range to home(Alpena). So I figure why not just make a Michigan list. So if you know of any 1000yd ranges post them for everyone to see.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Michigan Marksmanship Training Center has a 1,000 yd. range I believe. They're about 2.5 hours away from Alpena, over in Lake City.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Border States Rifle Club located 10 miles north of Cornell at the Superior Game Ranch.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:03:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey everyone I'm from Michigan but am in the Army. I would like to find the closest 1000yd range to home(Alpena). So I figure why not just make a Michigan list. So if you know of any 1000yd ranges post them for everyone to see.
View Quote

What about Combat Readiness Center in Alpena? Being Army you should be able to get access? I know they have a bunch a ranges, not sure on the 1000yard though. Used to go there for a week every year for SRT.

Not sure what access would be like for non-military non-SRT etc.

J-
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:50:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What about Combat Readiness Center in Alpena? Being Army you should be able to get access? I know they have a bunch a ranges, not sure on the 1000yard though. Used to go there for a week every year for SRT.

J-
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

J-

I don't think that they have a 1000yd range but I guess I could be mistaken as I haven't been snooping around on there. I know that the sportsman's club has a 600yd but that was the longest that I was aware of in Alpena.

Thanks guys for the other replies.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#5]
AFAIK Marksmanship Training Center,  Border States, and Range 10 at Camp Grayling are the only 1000yd ranges in the state.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 7:42:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Good news, Border States Rifle Club Web's new website is now up and running.

Border States Rifle Club
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:08:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Your best bet would probably be MTC. You may also be able to find some farms and/or telephone line cuts on state land to shoot on. I run the Precision Rifle Division at a club just south of Port Huron. If you are into that sport, you should try and make it to some of our bigger matches.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 10:36:23 AM EDT
[#8]
if you're in the Army then just go to Range 10 at Camp Grayling.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Hit the trails there are places up there.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Michigan Marksmanship Training Center has a 1,000 yd. range I believe. They're about 2.5 hours away from Alpena, over in Lake City.
View Quote

You have to have a membership to shoot there, and they aren't cheap:
http://www.marksmanshiptrainingcenter.com/content/memberships.aspx

and once you have a membership, training sessions take precedence for range use, and they have a pretty full calendar in that regard.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top