Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2015 1:11:18 PM EDT
Regarding the M855 ban?

I sent emails to all three on Saturday, and while I realize Monday was a holiday, I have not heard anything in reply.

Stabenow and Peters don't really surprise me, with remaining silent,   but I would have expected to hear back from Walberg.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:32:52 PM EDT
[#1]
C'Mon all the repubs that just got elected last fall already KNOW what we want. They now what THEY Want also. I don't think the two are one in the same.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]
IMO the repubs and the dems have no qualms about pissing on this country if/when it suits them.

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:14:50 AM EDT
[#3]
No I did not RIGHT my Senators or Congressmen, I was unaware they were upside down.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm glad to see the grammar Nazi's are in typical form.  Disappointed to see that some would rather pick apart grammar, than send an email, to try and put pressure on the BATFE.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I've written all of our congressmen several times, very politely without ranting and raving.

If you get any response back at all, it will be basically " Thank you for your input,  yada, yada, yada,    I don't care what you think"

Most of the time you get back nothing

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I wrote my three and the ATF with no responses.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've written all of our congressmen several times, very politely without ranting and raving.

If you get any response back at all, it will be basically " Thank you for your input,  yada, yada, yada,    I don't care what you think"

Most of the time you get back nothing
View Quote

It's not a bill in the legislature, so they don't care. They "represent their constituents" in the legislative sessions. They don't have any quick and easy pull with the ATF.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 4:50:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I sent emails regarding the M855 ban to both congresswoman Candice Miller and senator Debbie Stabacow two weeks ago.Haven't heard a peep from either one.......Doesn't surprise me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Took a week, but I did finally hear back from Walberg.

Dear Mr. Harmanrk,

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about recent actions by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to regulate so-called "armor piercing" ammunition.  I appreciate hearing from you.

You will be pleased to know I have signed a letter to ATF Director, Todd Jones, expressing my concern and requesting further details about the ATF's announcement to reclassify the 5.56 mm green tip bullets as armor-piercing rounds and prohibiting them from being sold to civilians.  

As you know, the ban on "armor piercing" ammunition was created by the Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act (LEOPA) of 1986. However, M855 and SS109 cartridges have been exempt from the federal law banning "armor piercing ammunition" for decades because ATF determined it was primarily intended to be used for target shooting.  I have serious concerns with the ATF proposal on reclassifying this ammunition and I am troubled by their decision not to publish the framework in the Federal Register as required by law.

Please know I will continue to follow this issue very closely.  

Again, thank you for contacting me.  Please make sure to sign up for my e-newsletter at: http://walberg.house.gov/, so I can keep you updated on my activities in Congress.

Sincerely,
Tim Walberg
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Bill Huizenga replied back. Debbie Stab Me Now hasn;t
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bill Huizenga replied back. Debbie Stab Me Now hasn;t
View Quote

I did get a reply from Mrs. Spend-It-Now.   Standard form stuff.  Expect no action in out favor     < My shocked face.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 5:04:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Upton and Stabacow got letters from me.

Upton takes months to reply, if he ever does. Stabacow never replies.

Both would tongue Satans Taint to please the libtards in Kazoo and Grand Rapids, so this will go nowhere.

Upton has stabbed us repeatedly when the chips were down, and he wont stand up for anything, unless you're a multimillion dollar corporate donor.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Dear Thomas,

Thank you for contacting me about gun control. I understand your concerns.

I have great respect for the Second Amendment to our Constitution. I grew up in Clare, Michigan, and many in my family enjoy hunting and fishing across our state. I felt very comfortable growing up with guns in our home and I understand the importance of legal and safe gun ownership

While I oppose efforts to take guns away from law-abiding citizens, I support enforcement of laws that protect our children and our families from gun violence and other criminal activity. Should issues related to the Second Amendment come before the U.S. Senate, I will keep your views in mind.

Thank you again for sharing your views with me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues that are important to you and your family.
Sincerely,
Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator

U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow
The United States Senate • Washington, DC 20510
stabenow.senate.gov
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Dear Thomas,

I have great respect for the Second Amendment to our Constitution. I grew up in Clare, Michigan, and many in my family enjoy hunting and fishing across our state. I felt very comfortable growing up with guns in our home and I understand the importance of legal and safe gun ownership

While I oppose efforts to take guns away from law-abiding citizens, I support enforcement of laws that protect our children and our families from gun violence and other criminal activity. Should issues related to the Second Amendment come before the U.S. Senate, I will keep your views in mind.

Thank you again for sharing your views with me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues that are important to you and your family.
Sincerely,
Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator

stabenow.senate.gov
View Quote

Typical libtard letter. She has no respect for the second except for "hunting and fishing". The only thing on her mind is the liberal, progressive agenda, taxes, lies and kissing zero's rump.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I sent an email to Miller.....no sign of a response yet.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:15:02 AM EDT
[#16]
In case anybody is thinking of writing in to the ATF comment period, it would be a waste of time:

BREAKING: Obama Administration Already Banned M855 Ammo, Illegally

Excerpt: "The Office of Management and Budget must review and approve ATF Regulation Guides, which again, come out approximately every 10 years. This can take months and changes to Regulation Guides are not easily or often made. Because of the lengthy amount of time it takes for OMB to approve a new ATF Regulation Guide, ATF’s comment period is just for show. ATF officials and the White House have (and never did) no interest in actually listening to or considering comments that are currently being submitted. The exemption for the ammunition in question has already been stripped out of the regulation handbook moving forward and “green-tip” has been reclassified as “armor piercing.” The rules have been changed."

Link 1

Link2
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:10:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Dear Thomas,

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator

stabenow.senate.gov
View Quote

I got the same canned reply.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:02:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Dear Mr. Bucket-Back

Thank you for contacting me regarding the recent Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' ban of M855 ammunition also known as "green tip." I appreciate hearing from you.

I stand behind our Constitution and the fundamental rights afforded in the Second Amendment. I am a supporter of responsible gun ownership.  I have also been a sportsman for most of my life and I am well aware of our rights and duties relative to firearms. While the rights to both own a weapon and to defend one's self, one's family, and one's property are clear and unambiguous, we must remain vigilant to ensure that government agencies, both state and federal, do not overstep the bounds set forth by the Constitution.  As gun owners, however, we must ensure that those who own guns learn how to use them safely and understand the circumstances when they can be used.  

Please know that I joined a number of my colleagues in signing a letter led by Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-VA), Chairman of the House Committee on the Judiciary, to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives expressing my opposition to this proposed ban.

Rest assured, I will continue to monitor this important issue. If related legislation comes before the House of Representatives, I will keep your views in mind. Again, thank you for contacting me.  

Sincerely,

Bill Huizenga
Member of Congress

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes all 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top