Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2014 3:43:29 PM EDT
Sick of having to beg friends I hunt their or their family's land, time to invest in my own.

What I want....acreage for deer hunting, near public land for off-roading. Also would setup a shooting range. Deer camp could be a double wide trailer for all I care
What family wants...small parcel on nice lake. Big fancy cabin for family and extended family.

Probably two incompatible wants but never the less time to search. What tools should I use to search for property? Southern u.p. is about as far north as my family wants to go.

No necessarily looking for cabins, just the property

Link Posted: 12/9/2014 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Well...there are deal available all over...for example my grandfather just sold his place outside of Gladwin. 10 acres that buts up to state land, 4 bedroom 2000 s.f. House, 40 x 60 poll barn, on a river, pond with artesian well tapped that feeds the pond a 2" stream of water year round, mineral rights, income from a gas well and free natural gas for the house. $100,000.

I puked.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.cahanes.com/Home.cfm?CFID=87376263&CFTOKEN=18068710
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:27:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.cahanes.com/Home.cfm?CFID=87376263&CFTOKEN=18068710
View Quote

Wow, this is an awesome start to my journey
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well...there are deal available all over...for example my grandfather just sold his place outside of Gladwin. 10 acres that buts up to state land, 4 bedroom 2000 s.f. House, 40 x 60 poll barn, on a river, pond with artesian well tapped that feeds the pond a 2" stream of water year round, mineral rights, income from a gas well and free natural gas for the house. $100,000.

I puked.
View Quote

That sounded nice.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That sounded nice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I puked.

That sounded nice.

I don't even have $100,000, and I still live with my parents after college, but I would've bought that for that price!
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 12:34:10 AM EDT
[#6]
The Zillow app works great if you have an iPhone, not sure about Android. It let's you put in all the stats you're looking for: size, price, numerous other things and drops a red dot with the price. Go to the location you're looking for and click the dots, it gives all the info about the property, pictures, taxes, how long it's been on the market, etc. Thumb area is running about $3K per acre but a lot of places in the northern lower still around $1K an acre. Also lists foreclosures, what has sold in the area with the selling price and auctions if you turn those stats on. It's how I found my property this year.
There is also Zillow.com but I don't know if it works the same as the app.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top