Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2014 10:42:36 PM EDT
I like to visit the MI HTF, I am a CT HTF Member and Forum Admin on the Dan Wesson Forum
Born and raised Farmington (later Farmington Hills), MSU grad. Bought my first gun at Dunhams in Pontiac, and a lot of shooting at Bald Mountain way back in time. I hope you won't mind if I drive by on occasion and say Hi.

Steve
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:58:01 PM EDT
[#1]
welcome! glad to have you.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Come on in, the water's fine.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#3]
A Spartan is always wecome!
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank You.. We will never likely live there again, but when my wife and I talk about "home", it always means Michigan.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 10:03:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Why the f not? Hop in.

I'm in Farminigton Hills for the time being. If I have to be near Detroit, this will do. Lookin' to jet to AZ quick-like. What brought you to Connecticut?
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 11:43:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Moved here by a company I worked for. Over the years my wife and I have done
Michigan>Iowa>Michigan>Ohio>Michigan>Connecticut
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like you're very well qualified.  Welcome!

Bald Mountain is my outdoor range of choice.  (I prefer a gravel pit, but won;t call that a "range").
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 4:36:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Dual residency hasn't been a problem here.  I live in Michigan, but live neat the Indiana border.  I stop by the Indiana HTF too.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dual residency hasn't been a problem here.  I live in Michigan, but live neat the Indiana border.  I stop by the Indiana HTF too.
View Quote

Same here, only 5 miles north of the Indiana / Michigan line. About 5 miles east of Moondog.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 11:20:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I visit the MI HTF a lot, too. Downriver Detroit area born and raised, EMU grad. Moved away 19 years ago to the Chicago area for job reasons. Sometimes I think about moving back, but my entire support system is here.

Hi, back at ya!
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:43:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome!     CT sucks for gun guys, I have a bunch of friends there.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 9:51:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome!     CT sucks for gun guys, I have a bunch of friends there.
View Quote

Yes CT is about mid-level "suck" for gun ownership, and potentially getting worse. I hope the NRA won't abandon CT in the next assault on our rights as it did this last time around

I own a "registered" AR with 10 "declared" magazines. I recently changed my carry pistol from S&W Model 59 to a Springfield LW Commander due to magazine capacity restrictions.

Could be worse, It's not NY
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#13]
If you miss Michigan, close your eyes and crack open a Faygo Red Pop, a Bell's Two Hearted, or one of the many other awesome Michigan craft brews, and pretend you are here.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks, even after all these years, my wife and I always refer to "home" as Michigan.

Our Daughter, son in law, and two beautiful granddaughters are here  in CT.

Our Son (born in CT) is USCG Gunners Mate, and he moves where he needs to.
Now if I could get some Stroh's beer, life would be even better. A recent garage sale find, going on the wall in my reloading room

Link Posted: 12/9/2014 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I can see your bronze cans shining in the sun,you got your tabs pulled back Bohemian.
My love for you will still be strong,after the brewery on Gratiot is gone.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:37:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the welcome, here's my shooting passion:

Forum Admin on the Dan Wesson Forum
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top