Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2014 10:01:28 PM EDT
I know you used to be able to conceal carry on the ferries to the island as recently as 2012.   Is this still the case?  I am planning on
vacationing in the area next year and need to know if there are any changes, etc.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know you used to be able to conceal carry on the ferries to the island as recently as 2012.   Is this still the case?  I am planning on
vacationing in the area next year and need to know if there are any changes, etc.

View Quote

I haven't been up there in awhile, but i do not recall any metal detectors.

The ferries are not pistol free zones.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#2]

I have been working on the Island for 15 years.

No rules posted anywhere I have ever seen.

You should have seen all the rifles people were carrying Friday on there way to deer camp leaving the island.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.   looks to still be okay
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#4]
They can ask to search your items and if you decline refuse you service.

I went up there in September and they have signs posted about it and that they were a level 3 or some shit homeland security screening area. But there was nothing that said no weapons etc....

If you look like all the other sheep getting on the boat you will be just fine. No metal detectors etc....
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:55:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Did it more then a few times.. I'm still here.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:33:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Seems to me aren't there some Coast Guard regs about weapons on ferries?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I carried on the Arnold ferry last summer and saw the signs about being subject to searches.  I live up here so I go to the island a lot but that was the first time I carried on the island and the first time I saw the signs.  Unless you look suspicious I doubt they will search anything.  And I saw no signs about weapons.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#8]
My son is home on leave, USCG Gunners Mate II and a Maritime LEO expert

No issue unless it is posted per State Law.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top