RHP prospects Michael Fulmer and Luis Cessa
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

what did we get?

RHP prospects Michael Fulmer and Luis Cessa

Fulmer has a 2.03 ERA and is going to Erie.

Cessa has a 3.98 ERA and is going to Toledo.

I'd rather have either of them starting over Farmer tonight.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Dombrowski said that Norris, Fulmer and Boyd are all close to being major league-ready and that all three could compete for rotation spots next season. He added that starting pitching "will be addressed" this winter and that the Tigers, with a World Series championship as their focus, would not start the 2016 season with Justin Verlander, Anibal Sanchez and three rookies in the rotation.
View Quote

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2015/07/dave_dombrowski_on_new_prospec.html
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Not really looking good for the English D tonight.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#7]
No word yet on whether or not DD will get his contract extended.

His bullshit created the lost chances, and this years failure. Many, many millions down the shitter, and more to be flushed recovering for several years.

The season is over.
The best we can hope for, is nobody getting hurt, and using the time to grow skills...while losing endlessly.

With any luck, DD will get sent packing, before he shits all over the next 3-4 years chances.

Sanchie is all messed up again. Jones needs to go along with DD, before he screws up the new kids.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Was Jones ever any good as a pitcher?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:54:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

His bullshit created the lost chances, and this years failure. Many, many millions down the shitter, and more to be flushed recovering for several years.

The season is over.

The best we can hope for, is nobody getting hurt, and using the time to grow skills...while losing endlessly.

With any luck, DD will get sent packing, before he shits all over the next 3-4 years chances.

Sanchie is all messed up again. Jones needs to go along with DD, before he screws up the new kids.
View Quote

Ouch.

I remember what this team was like before Dombrowski. There has been a lot of winning and a lot of winning seasons since Dave took over. There have been a lot of stars come through too. Some great years and great teams. No World Series Championship, but is that really Dave's fault?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:56:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Playing career

Jones pitched for five seasons in Oakland (1980–84), almost entirely out of the bullpen (three starts in 112 appearances). He compiled a 9–9 record and eight saves with a 3.95 ERA, striking out 128 batters in 205 innings.

Coaching career

Jones was the pitching coach for the London Tigers (AA) in 1989, 1991 and 1992. He then went to the Toledo Mud Hens in 1990 and 1994 to be their pitching coach.

After numerous stints as the Tigers bullpen coach, most recently 2007–2011, Jones was moved to the position of pitching coach on July 3, 2011. This followed the firing of pitching coach Rick Knapp, after a six-game stretch where Tiger pitchers gave up a combined 54 runs against the New York Mets and San Francisco Giants. Jones' contract expired at the end of the 2011 season, but the Tigers chose to tender a new contract to bring him back for 2012 and beyond
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Jones_(pitcher)
He's a parasitic lifer
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:41:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ouch.

I remember what this team was like before Dombrowski. There has been a lot of winning and a lot of winning seasons since Dave took over. There have been a lot of stars come through too. Some great years and great teams. No World Series Championship, but is that really Dave's fault?

He's wearing the hat, that comes with owning the results.

Going into last season, the Pen was a stench billowing dumpster fire, and a less than stellar defense.
His answer? NaNa, and a cast of losers, he could get in exchange for destroying the farm.
He bet everything on a starting rotation, and 4 Bats.

This year, he went with a multi layer outfield, and put expensive talent in surplus, while the Pen and starting rotation was limited to 2 starters worth a crap.

I look at it this way.

I have 3 Tractors that do the same thing, but can only use one at a time.
The other two are wasted potential as they sit, and I need a better Harvester, as the current one is unreliable and still costing me $$$.
Dumbass Dombrowski would buy another Tractor.

The gutting of the farm in exchange for expensive and ineffective redundancy, is unforgivable. Period.

We have no farm prospects worth a crap this year, for a reason.
The Pen is a goddamned joke, except for Soria, (Who is gone) for a reason..
The Pitching coach is a legacy hack, as is the hitting coach.

DD shifts $$$ around, but cannot build a solid team.
Is it better than some years past? Probably.
Many of the same problems from those years, are still here, and were not removed, and ignored.

We get solid prospects from other teams, and they do worse here, than where they came from, then flourish when they get sent down the river.
There is no "Development:". Greene for instance. The Kid is solid but can't settle in and grow. He's not getting good help.
JV, and Max went through shitty periods last year, and never settled in completely. Sanchie was hot and cold all of last year, and this year.
It's systemic. The Constant is Jones.

The Bats go cold in wild streaks, and even against shitty pitching, remain silent.
"It's Baseball, that happens once in a while", is only an excuse once in a while, not consistently.
The offensive line up last year, and this year, was and is, a Blown and injected Hemi, mounted on a Go-Cart.
This season should have been a Bambi vs. Godzilla proposition.
Yet the bats have been consistently shut down by mediocre pitching.
It's systemic.

Behind the plate is a .180 hitter, that can call a good game. A spitwad from some kids soda straw, will put him in the ER.
On the bench, is a kid that can call a good game and is a .280 hitter with proven HR power, and keeps the thieves honest, which is a force multiplier for pitching.
One costs several million a year more than the other. Of course the loser gets the start, because Daddy is in the board room.

DD wears the Hat and owns this clusterfuck. He built it.

Ausmus catches a shitload of flak.
Nobody considers that he was given a hammer and a pair of pliers, then told to keep a 747 flying reliably, by Dipshit Dombrowski.

The best one can expect, is to build a team that can dominate the division, and let the Baseball Gods decide in the playoffs.
DD has yet to build a team that dominates anything. The weakness of the division in the past years, led to the default titles.

He's gotta go, and take the legacy hangers on with him. They aren't hungry.

Remember the start of this season?
LOTS of aggressive hitting, base running, and stealing?
It caught everyone by surprise, and was working. Opposing teams approached the Tigers on the defense, at the first pitch.
Then it stopped with a jolt.

DD jerked Brads leash. It really is that simple.
DD favors lawyer ball, over aggressive play that gets teams to the late fall.

DD is not hungry, and has to go.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The season is over.

Ouch.

He's wearing the hat, that comes with owning the results.

Going into last season, the Pen was a stench billowing dumpster fire, and a less than stellar defense.
His answer? NaNa, and a cast of losers, he could get in exchange for destroying the farm.
He bet everything on a starting rotation, and 4 Bats.

This year, he went with a multi layer outfield, and put expensive talent in surplus, while the Pen and starting rotation was limited to 2 starters worth a crap.

I look at it this way.

I have 3 Tractors that do the same thing, but can only use one at a time.
The other two are wasted potential as they sit, and I need a better Harvester, as the current one is unreliable and still costing me $$$.
Dumbass Dombrowski would buy another Tractor.

The gutting of the farm in exchange for expensive and ineffective redundancy, is unforgivable. Period.

We have no farm prospects worth a crap this year, for a reason.
The Pen is a goddamned joke, except for Soria, (Who is gone) for a reason..
The Pitching coach is a legacy hack, as is the hitting coach.

DD shifts $$$ around, but cannot build a solid team.
Is it better than some years past? Probably.
Many of the same problems from those years, are still here, and were not removed, and ignored.

We get solid prospects from other teams, and they do worse here, than where they came from, then flourish when they get sent down the river.
There is no "Development:". Greene for instance. The Kid is solid but can't settle in and grow. He's not getting good help.
JV, and Max went through shitty periods last year, and never settled in completely. Sanchie was hot and cold all of last year, and this year.
It's systemic. The Constant is Jones.

The Bats go cold in wild streaks, and even against shitty pitching, remain silent.
"It's Baseball, that happens once in a while", is only an excuse once in a while, not consistently.
The offensive line up last year, and this year, was and is, a Blown and injected Hemi, mounted on a Go-Cart.
This season should have been a Bambi vs. Godzilla proposition.
Yet the bats have been consistently shut down by mediocre pitching.
It's systemic.

Behind the plate is a .180 hitter, that can call a good game. A spitwad from some kids soda straw, will put him in the ER.
On the bench, is a kid that can call a good game and is a .280 hitter with proven HR power, and keeps the thieves honest, which is a force multiplier for pitching.
One costs several million a year more than the other. Of course the loser gets the start, because Daddy is in the board room.

DD wears the Hat and owns this clusterfuck. He built it.

Ausmus catches a shitload of flak.
Nobody considers that he was given a hammer and a pair of pliers, then told to keep a 747 flying reliably, by Dipshit Dombrowski.

The best one can expect, is to build a team that can dominate the division, and let the Baseball Gods decide in the playoffs.
DD has yet to build a team that dominates anything. The weakness of the division in the past years, led to the default titles.

He's gotta go, and take the legacy hangers on with him. They aren't hungry.

Remember the start of this season?
LOTS of aggressive hitting, base running, and stealing?
It caught everyone by surprise, and was working. Opposing teams approached the Tigers on the defense, at the first pitch.
Then it stopped with a jolt.

DD jerked Brads leash. It really is that simple.
DD favors lawyer ball, over aggressive play that gets teams to the late fall.

DD is not hungry, and has to go.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:44:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Playing career

Jones pitched for five seasons in Oakland (1980–84), almost entirely out of the bullpen (three starts in 112 appearances). He compiled a 9–9 record and eight saves with a 3.95 ERA, striking out 128 batters in 205 innings.

Coaching career

Jones was the pitching coach for the London Tigers (AA) in 1989, 1991 and 1992. He then went to the Toledo Mud Hens in 1990 and 1994 to be their pitching coach.

After numerous stints as the Tigers bullpen coach, most recently 2007–2011, Jones was moved to the position of pitching coach on July 3, 2011. This followed the firing of pitching coach Rick Knapp, after a six-game stretch where Tiger pitchers gave up a combined 54 runs against the New York Mets and San Francisco Giants. Jones' contract expired at the end of the 2011 season, but the Tigers chose to tender a new contract to bring him back for 2012 and beyond
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Jones_(pitcher)
He's a parasitic lifer
View Quote

Yep!
We all have to stop playing at a certain time.
His time was extended past the point of him being an asset.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:23:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, you're in luck. This is rumored to be Dave's last season as the Tigers GM. Word is that the Blue Jays are going to be looking for a new team President after this season and Dave is supposed to be the guy they want and the guy who wants the job.

So, Dave, and probably his whole team, are most likely gone after this year.

Hmmm...

I wonder who will replace the guy that drafted Verlander and Granderson, signed Pudge Rodriguez, Magglio Ordonez and Jose Valverde (remember when he had the longest consecutive save streak in baseball?), and got Kenny Rogers, Miguel Cabrera, Doug Fister, Max Scherzer, Anibal Sanchez and David Price. We won 2 American League Pennants, 4 Division Titles, 3 MVPs, 2 Triple Crowns, and 2 Cy Youngs with Dave building this team. That after what, 20 years of sub-.500 baseball?

I wonder who is going to come to Detroit to improve on that.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:58:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well, you're in luck. This is rumored to be Dave's last season as the Tigers GM. Word is that the Blue Jays are going to be looking for a new team President after this season and Dave is supposed to be the guy they want and the guy who wants the job.

So, Dave, and probably his whole team, are most likely gone after this year.

Hmmm...

I wonder who will replace the guy that drafted Verlander and Granderson, signed Pudge Rodriguez, Magglio Ordonez and Jose Valverde (remember when he had the longest consecutive save streak in baseball?), and got Kenny Rogers, Miguel Cabrera, Doug Fister, Max Scherzer, Anibal Sanchez and David Price. We won 2 American League Pennants, 4 Division Titles, 3 MVPs, 2 Triple Crowns, and 2 Cy Youngs with Dave building this team. That after what, 20 years of sub-.500 baseball?

I wonder who is going to come to Detroit to improve on that.
View Quote

Me too.

The fact "His team" fucked the dog for 20 years, wont be missed.

Best dressed loser, is still a loser.

Racking up secondary accolades without a series win, is like kissing your sister.
Only certain people, can consider it a positive.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:33:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I understand being upset at not winning a World Series, but there's only so much the GM can do.  Detroit had the team more than once and just came up short.  Considering there are 29 other teams, most of which are trying to win the Series, too, there's no shame in not winning a championship.

Maybe growing up as a Cubs fan got me used to waiting for "next year".
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:48:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I understand being upset at not winning a World Series, but there's only so much the GM can do.  Detroit had the team more than once and just came up short.  Considering there are 29 other teams, most of which are trying to win the Series, too, there's no shame in not winning a championship.

View Quote

When you're in a single game playoff, and choose NOT to start your ace, in order to save him for a later game, in a 7 game series after the "Win", and then lose...it's not coming up short.

It's retarded management.

The Cubbies?
Yeah, you have some oddball version of Stockholm syndrome.
I swear those fans would riot if they DID win the world Series, as it goes against tradition to not lose.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:22:55 PM EDT
[#17]
or, when the base`s are loaded in a play off series and big poppy is up to bat, you walk him,  or if your in a playoff series and Sanchez is pitching great, you leave him in another inning
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Just hit him then the ball is dead.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 6:14:41 PM EDT
[#19]
David Price pitched a good game today.  Gave up one run (homer), but then retired the next 15 batters.  11K's.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

How long has the Bullpen been bad? Not to mention, when DD tried fixing the Pen, it'd be with just one big name guy, as if ONE guy can carry a bullpen lineup by himself.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:01:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How long has the Bullpen been bad? Not to mention, when DD tried fixing the Pen, it'd be with just one big name guy, as if ONE guy can carry a bullpen lineup by himself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

joe nathen comes to mind
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

joe nathen comes to mind
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

joe nathen comes to mind

Joe "Middle Finger" Nathan carried the Bull Pen to the depths of the bottomless pit
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Tigers today announced that Assistant General Manager Al Avila has been promoted to the role of executive vice president of baseball operations and general manager. Avila will assume all responsibilities related to baseball operations of the club and he will report directly to Tigers Owner Mike Ilitch. Executive Vice President of Business Operations, Duane McLean, will continue to oversee all aspects of the team's business operations and will also report directly to the team owner.

"I would like to thank Dave Dombrowski for his 14 years of service," said Ilitch. "Together we've enjoyed some success, but we're still in aggressive pursuit of our ultimate goal: to bring a World Series title to Detroit and Michigan. I've decided to release Dave from his contract in order to afford him the time to pursue other career opportunities. I feel this is the right time for the Tigers to move forward under new leadership."

"I'm very excited for this opportunity, and honored and grateful to Mr. Ilitch for having the faith and trust in me to run the ballclub in our continuing pursuit of a World Series championship," said Avila. "After 24 years in professional baseball and 14 with the Detroit Tigers, I believe I'm uniquely qualified to be successful in this role in leading this organization. We're confident we can make a strong push to win this year, and that we have the foundation in place to win next year and for years to come."  

Avila Played Key Role Securing Talent Such as Miguel Cabrera, Livan Hernandez,

Josh Beckett, Adrian Gonzalez and J.D. Martinez

Avila, 57, brings a wealth of baseball experience to the Tigers' general manager position, including the last 24 years at the Major League level. In June 1992, he joined the Florida Marlins as the assistant director of Latin American operations after a four-year stint as the director of athletics and head coach of the baseball team at St. Thomas (FL) University.  

After just two seasons with the Marlins, he was promoted to director of Latin American operations and while in that position, Avila played an integral role in the signing of Livan Hernandez, the 1997 National League Championship Series and World Series Most Valuable Player during Florida's title run. In 1998, he earned a promotion to director of amateur and international scouting for the Marlins and just one season later, on the international front, helped sign 16-year-old Miguel Cabrera in 1999, who debuted in the major leagues in 2003 and hit four home runs during Florida's second championship run.

Avila's astute talent evaluation also landed the Marlins elite players through baseball's annual amateur draft, including 2003 World Series MVP pitcher Josh Beckett (1999; first round) and first baseman Adrian Gonzalez (2000; first round), today widely considered one of the top hitters in Major League Baseball. His influence also persuaded several other players to join the Marlins organization, including infielders Luis Castillo and Alex Gonzalez, each of whom played significant roles in the Marlins winning world championships in 1997 and 2003.

In July 2001, Avila was again promoted by the Marlins to vice president and assistant general manager. He would serve as Florida's interim general manager later that year before leaving the Marlins after nine seasons to accept a position as special assistant to the general manager with the Pittsburgh Pirates in 2002. After just three months with the Pirates, Avila would depart the Steel City for the Motor City and join the Tigers' front office in the same role. Over his 14 seasons in Detroit, Avila has assisted in player development, overseen the amateur and international scouting staffs, and has been instrumental in the day-to-day formation of the club's roster through signings, trades and major personnel decisions. He played an integral role in the trade that brought two-time MVP Miguel Cabrera to Detroit in December 2007. He was also highly influential in Cabrera inking a long-term extension to stay with the team in 2014. Avila's familiarity with current Tigers All-Star outfielder J.D. Martinez led to the club signing Martinez upon his release from the Houston Astros in March 2014.

"Al Avila is a true baseball man," Ilitch added. "He's been involved in every facet of the game as a college head coach, scout and executive. His track record in identifying and developing talent is extremely impressive. I'm confident that Al will bring his own approach and his own style to the general manager position. He's worked extremely hard over the course of his career to afford himself this opportunity with the Detroit Tigers."

Avila comes from a deep-rooted baseball family. His father, Ralph Avila, was a longtime scout for the Los Angeles Dodgers and retired as a vice president. Ralph's career contributions to the game of baseball are recognized at the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Al's son, Alex, is a catcher for the Tigers. Al and his wife, Yamile, have two other children, Alan and Annelisa Marie.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like Dave wanted out. So you get your wish. One of the best GMs in the game is gone. But Al Avila? HA! You guys are gonna shit!
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Soooo, does this mean AAjr is here to stay
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sounds like Dave wanted out. So you get your wish. One of the best GMs in the game is gone. But Al Avila? HA! You guys are gonna shit!
View Quote

That means his kid will still be playing for the Tigers next year....

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe knot, AAjr may end up Manager . If not right away, but in the future as a base coach. Everyone will say they support him, since Daddy has the say so on who stays or goes
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:47:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just about every positive that DD signed, was through Avila.

He cannot do worse, and the rest of the heads will roll in the off season.

DD one of the best? Hardly.

Look at the results, and $$$ spent.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:56:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

Dave got the Tigers to become contenders because Mike was willing to spend money on the players.

Dave has shown no particular skill with maneuvering on trades.

And "hey our bullpen is terrible, horrible, miserable this year. Lets fix it by buying a Ace starter pitcher!"
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe not.  Sr. didn't want Jr. here in the 1st place.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Dave got the Tigers to become contenders because Mike was willing to spend money on the players.

And "hey our bullpen is terrible, horrible, miserable this year. Lets fix it by buying a Ace starter pitcher!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, hey...about that, um...you might want to sit down for this, but I can pretty much guarantee you that the Tigers are going to shoot their payroll next year on an expensive Ace starter.

Al Avila has already said that Mr. I is going to spend to improve the team for next year, and Dave said before he left that the Tigers had already decided to go after starting pitching in the off season.

So, i don't think the formula is going to change much. I think they are going to evaluate several guys out of the pen and stick with Hardy, Al Al, Wilson and Rondon. They may try to make Buck a Farmer into a big league reliever (which probably isn't a bad idea), stick with Ian Krol and maybe try to add one of their new arms to the pen.

Point being, I don't expect the formula to change.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 12:26:50 AM EDT
[#32]
I think we got some pretty decent pitching back in the Price trade.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 12:34:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure looks like it.  Nice to see the bullpen hold a lead, too.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 1:25:20 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, Rondon, Hardy and Wilson? The three league minimum kids?
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes, it only takes 1 run to win a game
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#36]
This is the shit I like to see!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:19:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Was good to see V Mart slap a few, KC under estimated him for sure
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Looks like everyone watch the film on Norris.....

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:58:04 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who was pissed off about the way this game went.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 2:47:03 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who was pissed off about the way this game went.
View Quote

I work 3rd shift, and I didn't get to bed til 3pm. I got up at some point when the game was on, I checked out the score.... 0-4. Yeah, I fucking went right back to sleep.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 2:53:02 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I work 3rd shift, and I didn't get to bed til 3pm. I got up at some point when the game was on, I checked out the score.... 0-4. Yeah, I fucking went right back to sleep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You missed the fight in the dugout. Iggy didn't charge after a ball that resulted in 2 runs scoring. McCann bitched him out in the dugout and they came to blows, then Gose came to blows with Iggy.

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You missed the fight in the dugout. Iggy didn't charge after a ball that resulted in 2 runs scoring. McCann bitched him out in the dugout and they came to blows, then Gose came to blows with Iggy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is ausmis is any kind of manger iggy should have his ass warming the bench tonight, he pulls that shit again figuring its a lost cause, and why wast the effort, i doubt he will be here next year, we could pick up some good starting pitching for him
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 11:42:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 1:15:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'd trade V-Mart's huge contract for a bull pen.
View Quote

Miggy needs to be in the DH slot, and a young .270+ hitter on 1st.

V-Mart will be missed, but it needs to happen.

4 Starters worth a crap, and a solid pen is all that is missing.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 3:46:23 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good pitching beats good hitting. That's what we should have been working on, was getting a couple of good starters and a solid bullpen.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#46]
The last time I considered suggested trading V-Mart, he came back from the All-Star break to bat over .400 and end the season above .300.  The guy is just too good a bat (not to mention his contributions in the clubhouse) to consider trading away for someone who won't play every day.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Great game for BeanTown(er's)
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 6:08:04 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think anyone's going to take that contract. An aging DH only player who has been on the for extended periods in three of the last four years?

Link Posted: 8/9/2015 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#49]
I am really glad to see Justin is pitching well again. Even his last start against KC wasn't bad. They weren't smoking the ball, just getting some hits together for runs. I think that he is going to be a solid pitcher going forward.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I am really glad to see Justin is pitching well again. Even his last start against KC wasn't bad. They weren't smoking the ball, just getting some hits together for runs. I think that he is going to be a solid pitcher going forward.
View Quote

I agree.  He has been consistent his past few outings and it looks like he is making the proper adjustments.  I hope Sanchez can get consistent as well and quick giving up the long balls!

Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top