Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2014 4:06:37 AM EDT
Anyone know of any firing ranges near Port Huron?  The nearest I have been able to find is about 20 miles away.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:42:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Blue Water Sportsman's Association

http://www.bluewatersportsmansassociation.com/

ETA: You have to be a member or go with a member to use the ranges, if I recall correctly. I let my membership expire about five years ago as I now have access to private property to shoot on.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Blue Water Sportsman's Association

http://www.bluewatersportsmansassociation.com/

ETA: You have to be a member or go with a member to use the ranges, if I recall correctly. I let my membership expire about five years ago as I now have access to private property to shoot on.
View Quote

Members only.  Best range in the area!
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#3]
yep awesome range ,lots of different groups to join. our 3 gun is probably the best in state
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes! Been a member at Bluewater for some time. Very nice range and great organization.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Any public ranges?

Bluewater is close and looks nice, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get to the range often enough to justify the fees.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#6]
On the Blue Water Sportsman's website, check the calendar to see if there is anything that you are interested in.

Show up and talk to the person in charge. Usually there is a higher range fee for non-members but you can still shoot without having to join.

When I shot with the Combat division on Friday nights, it was 3 and 5. I'm sure the fees are higher as that was 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:58:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
 The nearest I have been able to find is about 20 miles away.
View Quote

Are you referring to the pit in Lapeer ?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:04:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Any public ranges?

Bluewater is close and looks nice, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get to the range often enough to justify the fees.
View Quote

$120/year?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 The nearest I have been able to find is about 20 miles away.

No.  The pit is even farther.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

$120/year?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any public ranges?

$120/year?

Right now? Yes.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#11]
4 Square Sportsmans Club in Jeddo.

Their dues are also $120/year.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Blue water members, I have a question.

I live a mile away from the club and have been considering joining for a long time to get longer range trigger time but i wasnt sure about when it was ok to shoot, are you allowed to go and shoot anytime you want? Can I juts use the range without joining any groups?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I live a mile away from the club and have been considering joining for a long time to get longer range trigger time but i wasnt sure about when it was ok to shoot, are you allowed to go and shoot anytime you want? Can I juts use the range without joining any groups?

Thanks
View Quote

Yes you can pretty much shoot when you like. Upon joining you will receive a gate key allowing you to enter when you like from 9:00 AM til dusk.
You will have access to the 100yd range and the pistol bays. Once you qualify on the 200yd range you may use that as well.

There is a set schedule for trap and skeet.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yes you can pretty much shoot when you like. Upon joining you will receive a gate key allowing you to enter when you like from 9:00 AM til dusk.
You will have access to the 100yd range and the pistol bays. Once you qualify on the 200yd range you may use that as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

That is outsganding. Thank you for such a quick reply.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:40:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Hewitt road gravel pit. It's free, and depending on how many people are there, you can get some long distance shots in. It's certainly not tidy, and you have to hump everything in that you need, but it's not $120/year.

I bought a folding aluminum cart from Sam's Club just for that stupid hill.

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:36:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hewitt road gravel pit. It's free, and depending on how many people are there, you can get some long distance shots in. It's certainly not tidy, and you have to hump everything in that you need, but it's not $120/year.

View Quote

Wear is that at?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:34:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Wear is that at?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wear is that at?

Google map this: 43.099706,-82.618872
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top