Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2014 2:36:07 PM EDT
Trott sounds good on his advertisements but for some reason I don't trust him.  I currently plan on voting for Bentivolio.

What do we know for each of them?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Mr. Trott is a multi-millionaire, and has been giving money to local and state Republican party people for years. That's why they owe him big time, and are all in thrall to him. At any local 11th District Republican event he goes to, all the party bosses have to be there to show their loyalty. I've been there, it's like something out of a Mafia movie - they practically line up to kiss his ring. Like Snyder did four years ago, Mr. Trott has millions to buy up TV ads and swamp the airwaves with his message. What is his message? Bland, meaningless catch phrases. "I'm a job creator." What many people don't know is that the jobs he created were for foreclosure lawyers. He runs a mega-million dollar law firm that processes pretty much all the house foreclosures in Michigan. All that bailout TARP money that the banks got to pay him with, vastly increasing his business, he can use to buy up endorsements from every ambitious politician and figurehead in our district. It's a pretty neat setup.

Bentivolio, on the other hand, has almost no campaign money. He is just an Army veteran and high school teacher that got into Congress with no help from the local Republican party establishment. He doesn't owe them any favors, and they absolutely can't stand that- they can't control him, and want him out at any cost, to be replaced by one of their own political class. In the two years he was in Congress, Mr. Bentivolio refused to have his hand out for donations from the PACs, Chamber of Commerce people (they're dying to see illegal immigration amnesty passed), and all the other assorted lobbyists and pressure groups. They are the source of the serious campaign donation cash in politics, and since he didn't want to play their game, he got pretty much zilch from them. That's why everything you hear on TV is all expensive, carefully polished consultant-approved buzzwords from Mr. Trott.

The fact that the party bosses are so eager to get rid of Mr. Bentivolio that they would seriously get behind such a cartoon villain candidate - a millionaire foreclosure lawyer, for goodness sake - is a measure of how much they want him gone. If Mr. Trott wins the primary, the Democrats are going to be all over him; there is a stack of questionable/illicit/illegal foreclosure documents they are quietly sitting on right now, with robosigning, fake signatures, etc.. As soon as the primaries are over, if Trott is the candidate, that is what you are going to be seeing on TV until November.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:05:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Is is just me or has the mask has really fallen off the GOP over the last few years?    They are really showing their true colors in these races, the one Canter's seat and that primary in Mississippi and now these local races in MI.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is is just me or has the mask has really fallen off the GOP over the last few years?    They are really showing their true colors in these races, the one Canter's seat and that primary in Mississippi and now these local races in MI.
View Quote
You're right.  They're calling apart.  The cornered dog is the most dangerous.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#4]
You get what you deserve if you think you can just vote party lines.  I'm good with what I've seen from Bentivolio since I've started using Popvox.

Here's a link to press releases at his site: http://bentivolio.house.gov/media-center/press-releases

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I personally beneffitted from Trott and Trott for years. His company and his employee's were ALWAYS very good to me/ us.

Trott is getting my vote. Bentivolio , I didn't like before, I didn't vote for before and I don't like him. I don't trust him, his voting record so far...

That being said, I know the Cox family and I think Laura is a great person and I appreciate her Husband and her past.

Its good we have options
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:19:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I personally beneffitted from Trott and Trott for years. His company and his employee's were ALWAYS very good to me/ us.

Trott is getting my vote. Bentivolio , I didn't like before, I didn't vote for before and I don't like him. I don't trust him, his voting record so far...

That being said, I know the Cox family and I think Laura is a great person and I appreciate her Husband and her past.

Its good we have options
View Quote
Do besides you personally benefiting from Trott, why vote for him?  Why is he good for Michigan and the US?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top