Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2014 4:11:23 AM EDT

Title pretty much says it all--where is the best deal to be found on getting across to the island (short of rowing ) ?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Seems there are 3 Ferries :

http://www.mackinacisland.org/transportation/
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:59:15 AM EDT
[#2]
If you check the time chart you'll see that the bridge swings over to the island about 5:00 p.m. every day.
At least that what it says on some of the tee shirts.
Never have seen it happen since the bridge opened.......I think someone is pulling our leg on that one.

When I go we usually ride over on Shepler's because Mom knew them as kids and her cousin used to do legal work for them (no discount for us though).
I think Arnold is the cheapest and Star has the roostertail boats.
Pretty sure most of them do a couple morning runs under the bridge (I know Sheplers does) which could be cool if you've never been there before. Call to make sure, no change in cost with Sheplers.
Also, Mary's Bistro is the family favorite for lunch, but I try to avoid having to go over when possible. Been there, done that enough.

Actually I'm pretty sure you won't find much in the way of discounts. It's about a 3 month season and they need their Florida get away for the winter months cash. Might find deals after Labor Day when tourism drops off a bit.

Star Lines

Sheplers

Arnold Lines

When you come back and if you're hungry try Darrows restaurant. If you go after about 5:30, order your dessert the moment the waitress shows. They go fast and the waitress will grab it and save it for you.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#3]

If you don't want to row there is only one other option.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Depends on where you want to get off also, check online it is cheaper to buy there.  Only discounts are buying more than one.  Arnold Line is barely open this year, they are only running slow boats and check the schedule they are only running a couple times a day.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top