Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 23
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]
12th Inning. Coke starts throwing like it was 2011.

Rest of the team, playing like it was 2005.
The guy is a total Bag of broken fucking Mirrors, and only the Damned Hope Diamond carries a deadlier curse.

I was out of the Tractor mixing chem. when Miggy and Brad got the toss.
WTF?

Near as I can tell, Miggy questioned the 1st base ump if he went around on a strike, and was ejected immediately.

Then there have been a series of shitty calls on balls and strikes, and now Castillanos, the Boot Rookie, just gave the Ump the WTF?.

I suspect there is more to this game, and the calls have been shitty enough to rattle the crew.

HOLY SHIT!!!! ALEX JUST CRANKED ANOTHER HR!!!!!!!!!
He's slowly coming around and dangit if it isn't good to see!!  WOOOHOO!!

Lets just hope Jobu dosn't fuck it all up as usual.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Must be something in the drinking water in Cleveland. All the feces in it.
View Quote

It's all the Reatrd spores the air.

From what I can tell, it sucks everyones brain down to window licker level.

Retards with years of practice like the natives, can deal with it better than people who just got to town.
Which explains Phil Coke performing better than normal.

No wait...he almost fucked up Castellanos on a bunt..he's still King of the Tards.

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Somebody get a fucking Rope.

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#4]
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#6]

I've never in my entire life seen a walk off balk. Coke really has evil spirits following him around or something.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

I've never in my entire life seen a walk off balk. Coke really has evil spirits following him around or something.
That was fucked right up!!

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#8]
the only good thing this series was JD Martinez, all the hype on what a good hitter he was in the minors,  he finally woke up
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 1:31:17 AM EDT
[#10]

SOOOO fucking true.

Every season, every single team is going to have a series of getting thier asses kicked by a lousy team.
THAT is normal and expected.

This last game in Cleveland is on it's own pedestal, in the trophy case of Fail however.

Cockbite Ump with a God Complex and a wandering strike zone. I watched more than one Indian batter react to an obvious strike, that was called a ball..it wasn't just our guys.
Ump needs new glasses, after he gets his ass off the shrinks couch. Dude needs to hang it up.

Max figured he could baffle the Indians with Hanging curve balls. Surely they wont suspect 10 in a row.
He asked for how much? Dumbass should have taken the first offer.

Coke was so goddamned worried about getting Indians on the bags and into scoring position, he wasn't going to let the tards risk striking out...so he drills one.
Normally I would say he was just bieng his usual spastic and out of control self, but he previously showed excellent control and a working slider that was nipping corners.
No way in hell is his sucking, just simple sucking anymore. It takes planning, hard work, and dedication to be that fucked up.
He's paying some Hudu woman good money to curse the team, or doing it himself from a manual.

Al Al?
I feel bad for the guy.
He choked. The pressure, focus, and everything else had his head swimming while he was trying to break Jobus Mojo, and he broke his routine without even thinking about it.
Now he's marked for life, and no, these sort of screwups never go away. He invented the "Balk off win" and will forever be associated with it...forever.
He could move to Mtubatuba or any other back country shithole around the globe, and someone will know.
Poor bastard. He's going to need the team shrink for months after this one, and a case of Scotch.

In some ways, the three losses in a row is a good thing.

Smacking the hubris down a notch was in order, and illustrating Coke as a major liability had to be done.
Max getting slapped is another good thing. He's been slipping, but getting by. Time for him to wake the hell up.

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:09:00 PM EDT
[#11]
christ, were still in cleveland
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:34:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Danny Worth with two Ks
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#13]
lmao, been the highlight of the last 4 games, great!
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#14]
It's a damn good thing I held my breath before coming out and saying the Tigers were the best team in baseball.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:28:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe they've found their closer.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It's a damn good thing I held my breath before coming out and saying the Tigers were the best team in baseball.
View Quote

I actually didn't expect them to win today, and pretty much expected Robbie to get slaughtered. Besides, 4 is not the worst losing streak by a first place team this season. The Braves had 7 and the Brewers had 5 (I think). Just need the pitching to start pitching.

I gotta take my hat off to Phil Coke today. He went out and got 4 outs, afte being used a lot in Cleveland and Boston. He took one for the team today and he did a good job.

Sanchez needs to be The Stopper tomorrow, and Ricky needs to give the team a boost on Saturday. Turn it around with a couple wins and by this time next week the losing streak could be a distant memory.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#19]
also heard it could be career ending surgery
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

also heard it could be career ending surgery
View Quote

color me skeptical.

Link Posted: 5/24/2014 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Jeff Jones became the pitching coach in 2011 when Rick Knapp was fired after Tigers pitching gave up 51 runs over 5 games.

I wonder how much longer Jeff Jones is going to have a job.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 10:58:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Nothing ever seems to run optimally all at once. It's always the fucking starting pitching that goes bad for awhile, the hitting goes MIA, or the bullpen stinks it up. Right now, we're in the starting pitching sucks phase.

Why the fuck can't everything work good at the same time?
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 3:45:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Nothing ever seems to run optimally all at once. It's always the fucking starting pitching that goes bad for awhile, the hitting goes MIA, or the bullpen stinks it up. Right now, we're in the starting pitching sucks phase.

View Quote

Why the fuck can't everything work good at the same time?

Well, the hitting isn't working that well right now, and the bullpen isn't wowing me either (although Phil Coke has been really good...another clue that shit has gone completely upside fucking down) so it's all ass over end right now.

Link Posted: 5/26/2014 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#24]
best starting staff in baseball, went on vacation
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Ain't looking good.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 1:02:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ain't looking good.
View Quote

Nope.

Bats are dead cold. Pitching staff is on strike.

Something changed all of a sudden and drasticly.

JV, Max, Smyly, Porcello all of a sudden have issues with control.
It's systemic. Somebody "Adjusted" something.

The guys aren't attacking the pitching either.
Even miggy has started looking and taking good pitches.
The aggressive edge just evaporated.
Again, systemic, because it's all of them.

If I didn't know better, I'd say they are laying down, and highlighting the total fuck story in the Pen on purpose.
There are just too many indicators, and that many players don't all have a bad day, every day, this many times in a row.

Link Posted: 5/27/2014 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#27]
seems strange that pretty much the whole team just turned off
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#28]
We might have to re-evaluate how good this team is with previous performances. With playing teams like the Red Sox, that we thought were great teams. Turns out, that the Red Sox are having their bi-yearly "we are garbage" year.

And the Central teams we've been playing are just terrible. We're on this big losing streak, and still in a comfortable lead for first.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 10:30:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Alex Avila now leads the American League with 19 runners caught stealing and 15 catcher caught stealing.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 12:42:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Alex Avila now leads the American League with 19 runners caught stealing and 15 catcher caught stealing.
View Quote

That is like a 400% improvement over the last several years.

Part of the equasion is Ausmus putting his foot in the pitchers asses, for taking so damn long from set to delivery, and working with Alex on timing step outs
Alex still has a weak shot to second, but now he's getting the time to take it. Something the Pitching coaches should have done years ago.
It's not voodoo, it's High school level shit.

If Alex can keep hitting like he is(Another thing he worked on hard in the off season) he might actually end up bieng a decent Catcher, and there aren't too many worth a shit these days.

Link Posted: 5/28/2014 12:52:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We might have to re-evaluate how good this team is with previous performances. With playing teams like the Red Sox, that we thought were great teams. Turns out, that the Red Sox are having their bi-yearly "we are garbage" year.

And the Central teams we've been playing are just terrible. We're on this big losing streak, and still in a comfortable lead for first.
View Quote

Nah.

Beating the crap out of the Tampax wasn't the milestone.
Hanging with the A's on the road IS an indicator though.
I hate Mexifornia and everything about that shit hole, but they do have a hell of a consistent program in Oakland.
Slump or not, the Bullpen is a huge problem that is affecting the overall.
If the crew can keep the games close with hitting or win, I'd say the Tigers are headed to the series IF Dumbrowski gets off his dead ass and finds a closer, AND Coke gets sent somewhere else.

The Pen HAS to be straightened out or all of this is pointless.

Link Posted: 5/28/2014 9:56:57 AM EDT
[#32]
I just knew Miggi was going to HR off of Grey, just like the last time LOL
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

One year to the next really doesn't figure into the equation. Look at the Giants. WS Champs in 2010, basement in 2011, WS Champs in 2012, basement last year, first place this year. That the Red Sux are having a bad year isn't a measure of the team last year.

The Tigers are consistently good, year to year. This streak is frustrating NOW, but it will be a blip by the end of the season.

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 12:37:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Damn...
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 12:38:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Castellanos...

Just blew the game ending double, and set up Nathan for pitching the meatball that resulted in a walk off HR.

Sanchez had the game won.

Even when the starting Pitching is on, one of our Pen Tards finds a way to shit the bed.

Still no update on Tori. I missed whatever it was that took him out.
Anyone else catch it?

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#36]
I stayed up to watch the game, geat pitching performance on both sides, till nathen came in, Davis hurt his arm on a diving catch, hunter is fine
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm going to say this right now...win or lose...GET NATHAN THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#38]
I was waiting for him to blow the save, and see who he blames it on, like yesterday
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 1:25:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm going to say this right now...win or lose...GET NATHAN THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!!
View Quote

Been saying that from the start.

He's not 100% and hasn't been from the start.
When he's got control, watch his forward foot placement, and compare it to when he's struggling.
When he's struggling, he's choppy and bends the knee more to make up for the loss of flexibility.

Back or shoulder issues is my guess.
He's pushing 40 and has a bag of nagging little injurys around his neck.
Cortisone and Yoga only go so far, and BOOM, you're too clapped out to keep running with the big dogs...but have just a few innings left.
DD Gambled on him as there wasn't shit else available.

Put him and Coke in a blister pack and sell 'em on E-Bay, or trade the both of them for a lightly used Jugs machine.

Link Posted: 5/30/2014 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

When he's got control, watch his forward foot placement, and compare it to when he's struggling.

When he's struggling, he's choppy and bends the knee more to make up for the loss of flexibility.

Cortisone and Yoga only go so far, and BOOM, you're too clapped out to keep running with the big dogs...but have just a few innings left.

Put him and Coke in a blister pack and sell 'em on E-Bay, or trade the both of them for a lightly used Jugs machine.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nathan May wind up losing the closer job if he can't get back on track. Fortunately, the Tigers have some depth in the bullpen. Joba is back on track and doing great, and Hanrahan should be ready to pitch after the All Star break.

I'm just really glad they split this series. No small feat taking two from Oakland, in Oakland while the Tigers are struggling. I think this will help them get back on track.
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm just really glad they split this series. No small feat taking two from Oakland, in Oakland while the Tigers are struggling. I think this will help them get back on track.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 8:21:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Jesus Christ. Detroit still has a .608 winning percentage despite that bad stretch of losing.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 3:13:27 AM EDT
[#43]

Ducks on the pond and all stranded. Just like last year.

How long until Hanaran is healthy?
15 day list seems a smidge optomistic.

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#44]
wonder if max is regretting  he  didn't sign?
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
wonder if max is regretting  he  didn't sign?
View Quote

Where the heck is the run support?  The bats are all quiet again...

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#46]
that rookie that was pitching, was pretty good, didn't even break a sweat
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 12:34:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
that rookie that was pitching, was pretty good, didn't even break a sweat
View Quote

Yep. That kid is going to be a monster if he can stay healthy.

From Cuba to the show...he's gotta be freaking more than a little after shutting down the Tigers.
No way to not feel good for the kid.

Whatever Bee got into the Tigers bonnet needs to be hunted down and killed over the next two days.

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 12:50:02 AM EDT
[#48]
God, hopefully they're just getting all the bad losing out of their system for awhile. I'd rather this than having them peak too early.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:28:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Anibal rates his propers...damn.

I think I have figured out Nathans problem.

He Needs a fucking COMPASS!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry bastard walks out and puts three of five roughly in the 313, and then goes to murdering worms with a runner on.

There we go...Nathans left foot placed half a stride outboard, foot turned outboard, stiff back....BOOM liner through the gap.
He's fucking done, and tonight isn't one of those nights with an inning in him.

Shit..... hung a meatball, and a dribbler hit right past him goes past Kinsler. Run scores.

Coke is in the Pen...he has to be. Jobu is the only Bad JuJu this powerfull.

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:36:49 PM EDT
[#50]
nathen sucks!!!!!!
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top