Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2017 6:43:04 PM EDT
Have dealt with a couple so far, it has been lazy and lies so far, found a place and need to move fast for title search, VA inspection etc. Money approved my dad wants to move back home.
He is 72 and 30 year army vet (jag)

And just wants to relax and build a 26 chevy

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 6:01:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Have dealt with a couple so far, it has been lazy and lies so far, found a place and need to move fast for title search, VA inspection etc. Money approved my dad wants to move back home.
He is 72 and 30 year army vet (jag)

And just wants to relax and build a 26 chevy

Thanks
View Quote

It's been a few years since I bought my last house, but don't you need a closing agent/company for this? If I'm not mistaken, realtors don't do that, and frankly from what I have seen, wouldn't want them to.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 6:50:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know, we just want to LOOK at houses for him (he is in AZ right now)

We have 2 we want to look at and I can't get any local agents to call me/email or text me back

The two we have dealt with so far have lied and/or just blew us off (and not in a warm fuzzy way)
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:06:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know, we just want to LOOK at houses for him (he is in AZ right now)

We have 2 we want to look at and I can't get any local agents to call me/email or text me back

The two we have dealt with so far have lied and/or just blew us off (and not in a warm fuzzy way)
View Quote
Okay, your original post made it sound like you already had the house.

You don't really need a realtor as a buyer, but you can get a buyers agent if you want. They get their fees out of the seller.

Are you calling the listing agent and getting the responses you talk of?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:52:55 AM EDT
[#4]
1ST one we went into the office w/my dad. We told her what he was looking for under 200k, 2 bedroom, 2 bath in County on less than 5 acres and a garage with power

We drove all over the damn County to look at 4 houses, 1 only needed paint (yeah right as well as a roof, foundation work and moar foundation work, she boasted about awesome screened in porch (yes it had part of one done in the 60's it was covered in 1970's yellowed fiberglass panels) and middle part of foundation was at least 8 inches lower than ends

Next one the picture was photochopped to look a lot bigger than it was

3rd one, we specifically said NO m'fkn trailers...yup a trailer, when asked about it she said it was on a foundation still a fkn trailer

4th was just a POS that needed a lot of work to be livable

We have found 2 that we want to look at to measure rooms etc

We asked 1 realtor what size where the rooms she said "I do not know" ...ugh well; why don't you go there and measure the damn things then, nope she didn't seem to give a shit, we have been waiting for her to call back for 3 days now

Dad has to renew his lease in 3 weeks, he would like to do a 3 month lease and be back here before Christmas
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not a realtor, but check with Swanay Realty in Elizabethton.  I here more good than bad about them (I generally distrust realtors to begin with).  Good luck with finding a house
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top