Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2017 11:28:42 AM EDT
Hey guys, recently moved out here from the midwest.

Looking for work as an electrical/electronics technician or some sort of facilities maintenance but not including an apartment complex. Need something with medical insurance and permanent full time work. Starting pay at least $50k. I am already working full time so I don't need just any job but am looking for something better. I am living in a temporary location so a job that is a little out of town is still on the table as I haven't signed a lease yet.

I worked for a little over 5 years as a technician for a major UPS company. UPS as in uninterruptible power supply not brown trucks. I would do that again for an OEM but I have not found any opportunities in town. A UPS is basically a rectifier on the front end (AC to DC) and an inverter on the back end (DC TO AC) with some inductors and capacitors as filters.

I have my own hand tools and a Fluke 87V. I primarily worked with 3 phase 208 and 480 VAC and 540 VDC on individual machines from 10 to 750 kVA and paralleled systems up to 3000 kVA. Several were paired with generators. I can read wiring schematics. I can troubleshoot and install or replace transformers, inductors, capacitors, relays, fuses, breakers, contactors, MOBs, power supplies etc. I have been trained to use appropriate flash gear and other applicable PPE, LOTO etc. I am not a licensed electrician. I learned from proprietary in house training. I also have another 5 years experience turning wrenches on motorcycles running my own business years ago. I am familiar with Windows and MS Office Suite.

Routine work was new installation/start ups, preventative maintenance, scheduled and emergency repairs. I covered 6 states and was on call 24/7. I don't mind travel for training or regional work if a company car or stipend is offered.

Continued below
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 11:29:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I am willing to work outside or adjacent to this field if you know of something. I have a 2 year degree if that helps. Will pass a drug test and back ground check. I'm in my late 30's.

Have a DL with a clean driving record and a passport (never hurts to mention).

I already looked at Denso. Production jobs there don't pay any better than what I have now.

My baggage
I have a 5/8" beard but would shave it off if that is a problem.
I also have hair down to my collar bone. It is clean, well trimmed and natural color. For the right job offer I would cut it off. I don't want to chop it just for the interview though. Hey, my hair is thinning and it offers me a smidgen of denial
I have bad credit for medical bills (cancer) that I am still paying off. So any position that comes with an AMEX will probably frown at me.  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#2]
What about df shoffner? You been on indeed.com or visit the jobs office yet? Take the electrical entrance exam for tva?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:39:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out the sites in Oak Ridge for one of those sweet government jobs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top